It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Is Censoring Mars Images!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Montana

Thanks Montana, I didn't know about the previous thread but I was going to post the same explanation...

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
What?
Am i missing something here?

The thread that Kano has is nothing to do with what i posted, and it is no explanation about these missing sections of the images.

If you can post the thread directly discussing what i have posted then that would be a great help but i doubt it.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   
ok, I'll do your work for you.....

marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   

The "black box" is an example of a temporary drop-out of data from a raw Pancam image. Each rover can retransmit data to gain the information lost in the first transmission due to communication hiccups.

So where are these images in their full glory? Why havent they been updated? They say they can retransmit to gain back the data they have lost but they havent with these images?
Its supposed to be temporary isnt it?

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by d1k
Besides, Kano's explanation is just another mod trying to pull the wool over our eyes as lots of people here do. Ever hear of Ocums Razor? Where the simplest solution is usually the correct one. To anyone with some common sense NASA and the goverment are obviously cencoring what we view.

Yeah, d1k, the mods here are really big on pulling the wool over peoples eyes........

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by markjaxson

So where are these images in their full glory? Why havent they been updated? They say they can retransmit to gain back the data they have lost but they havent with these images?
Its supposed to be temporary isnt it?

Patience, Grasshopper!

and to quote Dr James Bell - pancam payload lead for NASA:

quote: One additional reason to add to your "Why don't they tell us this" section is that we are simply so incredibly tired and overworked trying to keep up with this great stream of data that we don't have time to stop and spell it all out.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Being patient...

[edit on 6-9-2004 by markjaxson]

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I'm sorry you aren't satisfied. What evidence do you require? And who would you believe? Obviously I'm wasting my time here, but have fun whatever you decide to do.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   
No i appreciate that nice link with an explanation and thank you for your interest and time in helping me here.

I just find it odd that they say they can gain back the data they have lost but clearly they havent so this makes me suspicious and confused.

The whole point in this website is to learn what you dont understand thats why i ask this.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by d1k
Kano's explanation is just another mod trying to pull the wool over our eyes as lots of people here do. Ever hear of Ocums Razor? Where the simplest solution is usually the correct one.

A few points.

Firstly, I spent a bloody long time on that investigation so you can stick your 'wool over the eyes' BS fairly where the sun don't shine, thats once you take your head out of there to make room.

Secondly, it is apparent that Ockhams razor is a little dangerous in the hands of the clueless, the simplest explanation is that those are sections in which the transmission was not successful. Its either that or some large-scale conspiracy causing random deletions of sections that are mostly covered in other images anyway.

Now, as far as the blank sections remaining on the raw data pages, that is because they are simply raw data pages, the data streams in, then as a bunch of images are accumulated they are converted to jpeg and uploaded. Then left, I'd think a good deal of the time there is simply no point in re-transmitting the data, as there is almost inevitably overlapping images, or images taken of the same region with different filters. Also, it would be somewhat of a waste of manpower for someone to have to spend hours managing the new files as they are uploaded. The initial transmission of daily images are all in a bunch, the subsequent retransmissions of lost data are on request, they get to those who requested them, but I'd suggest whoever is in charge of the MER site probably doesn't have the authority to use up transmission time on the mission, so they wouldn't be tasking the resends. The webmaster gets his bulk images, and puts them up. The science teams are the ones that request any required missing bits of data.

Remember, there is a lot more mission data than just images coming in. All of which is handled by the science teams, the Raw images on the MER site make no claim to be anything other than just that.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   
So basically if they lose some data they wont resend it because it would be to much manpower/time, which is understandable.

Just seems abit odd where the blanked out parts are placed and even the blurry part which ShadowXIX pointed out.

Or i could just be getting at something that clearly is just truly technical errors.

Firstly, I spent a bloody long time on that investigation so you can stick your 'wool over the eyes' BS fairly where the sun don't shine, thats once you take your head out of there to make room.

LOL!

[edit on 6-9-2004 by markjaxson]

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   
If you view the relevant image group from that day. (Spirit Pancam Sol 15) You will find there are 2 other complete pancam images taken with different left-eye filters of the same spot.

L7

L4

As well as a few right-eye filters which are even more boned.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Ahh.. Brilliant. Thanks Kano, guess that solves everything.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join