It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Is Censoring Mars Images!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I was browsing through the Nasa Mars Rover images and i came across a few that had been blanked out and i dont understand why.

Only specific places have been missed out i will show you....

Now these are from the JPL website and have not been altered in anyway by me(obviously how could i)

There are also many more you just have to look around.

Does Nasa have an explanation for this?

Also these are the real urls for the images for those of you who are lazy like me and cant be bothered right clicking the images to see where they came from.

Heres two more,one of them is displayed in this post though.

marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

Hope someone can shed some light on this.

[edit on 6-9-2004 by markjaxson]

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   
We the people of the United States pay millions of dollars in taxes to help the space program and what do we get in return. Censored images. That's insane.

I hate the government!

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I looked around to see if I could find a reason for those images, but came up with nothing directly related to them. But:... I did find one of the color pictures that NASA claimed the color was wrong and that Mars really is red and the sky is not really a light blue in color.

While looking at the picture I happend to notice something. The US flag on the rover.... hmmmmm... I think I know the colors of the US flag by now and that flag sure looks red white and blue.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 07:15 PM
link   
There are a few reason's this may be but i think we should look on this with sum logic and stay skeptic in many sense's

The biggest piont being if there was something dodgy they did not want any one to see ,there's always airbrushing, so sorry to say but think about it

but as i said im staying skeptic on this 1 whats every 1 else think

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Why is there a part that pic that looks blury and then are areas just blacked out?

I dont understand why when they had the Mars Surveyor up there they didnt take any imaging of the Cydonia region at high resolution.

What NASA do they reimage Cydonia as part of a complete planetary mapping exercise at nearly five times less resolution than the original Viking imagery that first revealed the Face!

If they really want to quiet all the theories about that area why dont they take real high resolution pictures of the area and have same-day public release of the new imagery?

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Why is there a part that pic that looks blury and then are areas just blacked out?

I also noticed that its the part just above the blacked out bit at the bottom of the image.

I thought that was normal but glad you said something.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Yeah that blur on the image crosses over the light border of the lower blacked out section. When I first looked at it it reminded me of when they blur someones face out on a show like cops.

Strange

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
This subject has been exhaustively discussed many times. Kano posted a very extensive discussion HERE

The black boxed are dropped packets in transmision, and the color differences are fairly involved. Read the thread i indicated and deny ignorance. Searching is a GOOD thing.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   
It�s probably just the way the encrypted data packages are coming in.
They maybe updating it periodically, just have to wait and see.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Yes i know about the mars not altering colours i have read that thread, i just havent seen any threads explaining these blacked out pieces. But i didnt want to debate this as i already know the explanation.

Back to this...
If they dropped packets of data transmission why didnt they try to get the images again?

These images are old so it doesnt look like they are going to get the images updated with everything showing.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Did you read the thread that was linked to it with the project head from jpl (I think)? He talked about the whole transmision and image recovery process. Right from the horse's mouth as it were.

If you knew the reason already. why is there a question?

jra

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Why would Release censored images? It would be much simpler to just not release the image at all. When NASA takes pictures of the Surface of Mars with their rovers. They are not just one big image. It's a bunch of photos put together. That's why you can sometimes see the seam lines between some of the photos and some things don't match up perfectly.

Here is an example of an image that's about 5 put together.

The reasons why there would be some spots missing could be that they either hadn't gotten around to photographing that spot or just didn't need too. It takes time to take a photo and then to send it all the way back to Earth and these are really large images and if they are doing colour images, they have to take 3 photos of the same spot (using differnt colour filters for each shot). They also have to worry about the Rovers power as well. It's not as simple and just snapping a shot and that's it. I've also seen pictures from telescopes like Hubble that have black squares in areas as well.

I just don't see the logic in thinking why NASA would release censored pics when they could just not bother to release them at all.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   
you clearly see that mars does have a blue sky and ground that looks like earth....because if you looke at the flag its Red, White, and blue

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Sigh...........................

Read the link.

[edit on 9/6/2004 by Montana]

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Montana
This subject has been exhaustively discussed many times. Kano posted a very extensive discussion HERE

The black boxed are dropped packets in transmision, and the color differences are fairly involved. Read the thread i indicated and deny ignorance. Searching is a GOOD thing.

Thanks for the link Montana, the post by Kano was very informative

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I dont know the reason behind this censoring of these images.

I do know about the altering colours.

I havent read about why nasa has problems and misses out certain parts of the images because of transmission errors.

But i will read now if i can find it.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Sorry couldnt find anything related to these blacked out images?
I have looked through Kanos post be he only explains why the Mars colours change.

Im not interested in the alteration of colours i have alread read the long explanation of his article a while ago and understand....but that has nothing to do with what i posted Montana.

d1k

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Montana

3 Perfectly square blacked out boxes are dropped packets? Do you know anything at all about network traffic?

And Kano's link explains the colour differences, not blacked out cencored picutres. Besides, Kano's explanation is just another mod trying to pull the wool over our eyes as lots of people here do. Ever hear of Ocums Razor? Where the simplest solution is usually the correct one. To anyone with some common sense NASA and the goverment are obviously cencoring what we view.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   
lets have a legal protest in front of nasa until they show us the censored parts and if we find out its photoshopped we'll protest more

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Thank you D1K!

I thought i couldnt explain myself properly but you got exactly what i meant.

I got this link.

www.rense.com...

Notice at the bottom of the article...

Below are recent 360 degree images from one of the Rovers as it is "being prepared for sleep." Note that BOTH the left AND right cameras (used for 3D imaging) are missing the same areas. These are composed of an odd mosaic of images. What makes these images even more strange, are the image sections (white circles) located near the warped images of a solar panel (red circle.)
Image mosaics are made from square or rectangular areas, and do not have curved sides. This is a direct result of the image sensor active area in the camera. But these three unusual sections are curved on at least one side, and are not square. Because these images are panoramic they will show some warping. Normal warping will have symmetry, however. Notice also how the sky has been cropped.
What is it we are not allowed to see ?
RIGHT EYE
Notated image taken from
www.jpl.nasa.gov...

I do this to save you time but you should really read the whole article.

<<   2 >>

join