It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wanna see something funny?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I don't know if anybody has already seen this, but if not, go to the google homepage, type in: miserable failure, then click the I'm feeling lucky button, it's pretty funny!

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
It's not funny and it's contrived and it's old, old, old.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Im a nice guy, I'll do it.

Heres a link

www.whitehouse.gov...

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
It's not funny

I'd say that is a matter of opinion.

and it's contrived

Did I say I thought it was a coincidence? No. But thanks for your lesson in the obvious.

and it's old, old, old.

That's why I stated I didn't know if everybody had already seen this, but I'm sure not EVERYBODY has, so, this is for those who have not.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I hadn't seen it yet, and I thought it was funny
Thanks 27

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by deeprivergal
I hadn't seen it yet, and I thought it was funny
Thanks 27

No problem.
I guess we know where the Google people stand.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jdNo problem.
I guess we know where the Google people stand.

It's not the Google people. Google has never interfered with the efforts by individuals to influence the crawler until the results offended a Jewish group. No one takes this seriously enough to object so it will remain and others will appear as time goes by.

[edit on 04/9/6 by GradyPhilpott]

[edit on 04/9/6 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   
LOL, that is hilarious!! Doesn't matter who was president.

What I'm wondering is...why the WhiteHouse would optimize the biography of George Bush to appear 1st on the search term 'miserable failure.'

Because, trust me, these types of things only come from the people who actually write the webpage.

I vote you for WAY ABOVE!!!

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
Because, trust me, these types of things only come from the people who actually write the webpage.

People do this by linking keywords to a given website. It very well may be that the Whitehouse used the phenomenon to its own advantage. And, I don't think its funny, no matter who the target is. What if a bunch of people did this to you?

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   
It's called google-bombing and been around a while. Here's more info on it:

www.microcontentnews.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Heres snopes explanation:

HERE IT IS

I think its funny, old but still funny

[Edited on 6-9-2004 by specialasianX]

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Originally posted by Jamuhn

People do this by linking keywords to a given website. It very well may be that the Whitehouse used the phenomenon to its own advantage. And, I don't think its funny, no matter who the target is. What if a bunch of people did this to you?

Well, for that to happen, a bunch of high ranking websites would need to link to the website and in the text link put 'miserable failure.' You can actually check the links by typing:

link:www.whitehouse.gov...

But, the biggest part of why a site would show up is because of page factors, which is surprising because I actually couldn't find either of those words in the article.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Well this is the first time I see the link so it's new to me, I think is hilarious.

While I was there in that site I also took the time to read about the others biographies, interesting.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Try going to google and typing

'weapons of mass destruction' then hit i'm feeling lucky... this is alot funnier than the last one, but the joke is a little old

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX
Try going to google and typing

'weapons of mass destruction' then hit i'm feeling lucky... this is alot funnier than the last one, but the joke is a little old

LOL, that is funny, I have never seen it.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Actually do the search, and take a look at the second entry :p

top topics

join