It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halliburton at it again.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
According to this article on CNN BP is accusing Halliburton for destroying evidence that could show that they were the main falters of the biggest oil spill in U.S history.

(CNN) -- BP is accusing Halliburton of having "intentionally destroyed evidence" related to the explosion aboard an oil rig in the Gulf of Mexico that led to the worst oil spill in U.S. history. The accusation comes in court papers filed by BP Monday in federal court in New Orleans as part of a lawsuit aimed at having sanctions imposed on Halliburton Energy Services Inc., which was a contractor for BP on the Deepwater Horizon oil rig. An explosion on the rig on April 20, 2010, killed 11 people working on the rig and injured 16 others. The explosion led to more than 200 million gallons of oil being released into the Gulf.

Seems Halliburton was in charge of the cement drilling barrier which is what actually caused the explosion in the first place.

The three companies "violated a number of federal offshore safety regulations," according to the report, which was issued by the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management, Regulation and Enforcement. The report concluded that a key cause of the explosion was a faulty cement drilling barrier at the well site.

Halliburton is one of the most corrupt companies on earth. But now it seems not only was Halliburton paid billion to clean up the oil spill, but also they were the primary cause. And are now accused of destroying evidence.

I know BP is no saint, but I actually believe that Halliburton would do this, and then some.

And this is the company who is supposed to take care of our troops?

I hope finally this is the staw that will finally see the take down of this evil corporation.

But sadly I feel they will get away with it like they keep doing.
edit on 5-12-2011 by tw0330 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Sorry mods, I either missed the other post or it was posted as i was writing this.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Yep.. Halliburton was in charge of the cementing. They also, unexpectedly, acquired Boots & Coots, an oil spill clean up company, a couple weeks before the disaster. I don't remember the exact numbers, but I think that Halliburtons stock was down something like 46% the year leading up to the spill, and then after it skyrocketed. Cause keep in mind, the spill lead to a halt in US off-shore drilling, therefore dependence on foreign oil rose, which Halliburton benefits from. Crazy mess

new topics

join