It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea reminds Japan it is within striking distance

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I think if NK ever did pose a threat to Japan today they would be given (U.S.) permission to iincrease defenses by at least 20% and they do have the money to do this.

Of course the only reason NK would ever pose a threat to Japan would be to be one step closer to "evil empire America'' and thus eliminating an ally.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 08:29 AM
link   
It's not just North Korea Japan have to think about.

South Korea recently said they would defend islets that both South Korea and Japan claim as their sovereign territory.

China like to turn up the nationalist fervour against Japan, in regards to Japanese War Crimes being glossed over in Japanese history books, and the Japanese PM visiting a Japanese Shrine to WW2 dead which includes war criminals, whicn angers both China and South Korea, and probably North Korea.

If Japan attack North Korea, China will not be pleased, and South Korea may not be either.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 11:57 AM
link   
North Korea is still a state i am unsure about,
im not sure if they would ever strike a country, even though they are more likely to hit Japan instead of South Korea. Maybe if there was a major internation conflict, lets say a war with Iran, North Korea may cause problems in the region to crack the United States, but who knows.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Maybe deep down North Korea just wants to be put out of its misery.
If thats the case,there doing a fine job at it.
So does anyone else think a glowing Korea would be a popular tourist location?

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Well to be quite honest i dont think N.Korea is much of a threat right now. I think they are like a child who is screaming for attention in order to get help with something, in this case making their country a better place to live. Right now they can barely supply their country with electricity and in the mean time while they are working on their nuclear technology they are receiving a majority of their electricity from China.

Im also not sure on how good of a relationship they have with China since they wont even allow their own citizens to cross over into china, they have to smuggle themselves in. Pretty sad when you have to smuggle yourself into China

Japan however is in bad situation i think. As said in a previous post they do have 3 countries that dont like them and are fairly close to them. Some type of conlfict will occur and I think the best guess ive read so far is that if a war happens in the middle east N.Korea will strike Japan/ S.Korea and cause some trouble.

As for S.Korea .... I dont think they would do anything to Japan I think they're in more of a tech war then military war, always trying to outdo each other with either cloning or robotics and cars. Plus I dont think they would strike each other since they both have US military bases on them(anyone see that the most dangerous golf course in the world is in S.Korea
)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join