It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You will believe a Man can fly. Totally Awesome video.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Wing suit technology has been around for some time however its only quite recently that the full potential of theses amazing suits have been shown. I include this video for your viewing pleasure ,it absolutely blew me away. This is something ( if I had the nerve) would love to try being the nearest a man can get to truly flying ( okay falling) with minimal assistance.

edit on 5-12-2011 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

I believe that man can glide with the best of them. I'd love to do that, looks so fun.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I have to say I'm genuinely impressed! That truly looks like awesome fun.

I have always said why would I want to jump out of a perfectly good airplane, but for this I would make an exception!

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Awesome video. I would love to try it, but I wonder if I would have the testicular fortitude.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Thats amazing.

I've seen similar videos but this one is incredible. The way they're gliding so close to the mountain and the lifts just blows me away.

One has to be careful though..you get to comfortable and BAMB yadead.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

I haven't done a sky dive yet although do plan to one day. But this is something way beyond and although looking deceptively simple is in fact from what I have read very difficult and dangerous. The stuff of dreams and the way they get so close to the roads cliff and cable cars amazing skill and nerve.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
i did a free fall sky dive years ago and it blew my mind... this looks like that x100

awesome radness!

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by dannotz

Thats amazing.

I've seen similar videos but this one is incredible. The way they're gliding so close to the mountain and the lifts just blows me away.

Yeah it is! Only one problem thou, if they make one mistake it's all over.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Awesome video. They should have tryed flapping their "wings". Just saying, you never know.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

WOW! Thanks for that! That's totally cool!

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I see that many commenting have done a free fall. I have as well from 12,500 feet. Love to do it again when I have the extra resources! I still think we are just scratching the surface of human flight. I think in the next decade or two you will see a man land with some sort of assisted gliding device without a chute!

I would love to do this but I am not sure if I have what it takes at my age now but still would if I had the chance!

Thanks for sharing that was awesome!

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
wow this is the most awesome thing I have seen for some time. Great skill, concentration, drive to even successfully do this. I am in admiration of humans who can do this. Way to go and I love seeing man push the limits of physics. They are all awesome. and well, a girl did it too, that speaks volumes......so good goin.........
Man you guys are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
where was this by the way? China? or did I just miss it somewhere.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
WOW! MIND BLOWING CLIP (THAT GUY SURE HAS GOT SOME BOTTLE) THANKS!

if they make one mistake it's all over.

A RELATED CLIP I WATCHED SOME TIME AGO - NOT FOR THE SQUEAMISH...

man hits a bridge at 120mph
www.youtube.com...

R.I.P

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by neotech1neothink

Defiantly a rather shocking reminder of the huge risks of participating in this sport.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Thats amazing.

Yeah it is! Only one problem thou, if they make one mistake it's all over.

Its a matter of when...not if. I think this has to be one of the greatest thrills of all time, but as a calculated risk taker this is one sport i just could not bring myself to do.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   

One has to be careful though..you get to comfortable and BAMB yadead.

the irony of this statement applies to the trivial mundane existence where we hardly live a day in our lives too....and then BAMB!! your dead......

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
This video i believe is even better. It has the first wingsuit maker flying in it. Fun fact: he is Finnish.

www.bird-man.com...

And the founder of the first commercial birdsuit manufacturer:

www.phoenix-fly.com...

Enjoy!

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by varikonniemi

Thanks for that video ,you can see how good he is as when he first jumps (main part 39sec in) he immediately hugs the rock face and looks to be in perfect trim. Superb video. Although I have never done a parachute jump I ride a 600cc sports bike and know the fear of hitting a hard surface at high speed these guys have balls that's for sure.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I really want to do skydiving one day, its on my list of things to do before i die. I'll have to add this to my list also!

top topics

join