It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three Reasons Corporations Should Die!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
#1 Corporations pay money in exchange for privileges that nobody else has. Are my liabilities limited? Nope. But the rich like Donald Trump have limited liability though corporate protections.

#2 Corporations demand you give a two-week notice before you leave. However if they wish for you to leave, their policy is to give a 0-day notice even if you've worked there for decades. They stop paying you immediately in most cases, not two weeks later. Go to hell, corporations!

#3 The front-line monkey-work employees have ideas just as valuable as the managers have, but corporations really couldn't care less what you on the front-lines have to say. Go to hell, corporations!

I though I'd get that off my chest. I'm in favor of free-market capitalism but corporations are simply not a part of free markets in any way. I think we need to switch to a system where the people assert their power as individuals.

The marketplace is supposed to be a two-way system of a negotiation between buyers and sellers. That is not what we have at all! Have you ever written a lengthy contract in 6-point font for your cell phone company that they reluctantly had to agree to? Didn't think so! Not one to just whine, I'm going to start an organization to take back our authority as buyers, starting right after I post this! Screw you corporations, we can fight back. And we will.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Bravo! Some excellent points too.

The global corporatocracy is killing the planet, draining our souls, destroying our food, flooding our minds with poison , spiking our drinks, forcing us into debt and threatening us at every opportunity.

Screw them all. I'd quite happily watch them all burn.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by seachange

1. Yes, you have limited liability if you are a shareholder of a corporation. You also have limited liability if you are a member of an LLC.

2. Applies to LLCs, partnerships, and sole propietorships, too.

3. Applies to LLCs, partnerships, and sole proprietorships, too.

Sounds like you're not against corporations so much as business in general.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by FurvusRexCaeli

LLCs do not have near the kind of protection that corporations have, especially big corporations.

Corporate Execs can literally get by with murder hiding behind the corporate entity

All institutions have set themselves up in a way that they can avoid responsibility for their actions, and deprive people of their liberty, opportunity, and property, at will, without a trial, or any say what so ever for the individual.

Giant institutions like corporation have proven time and time again, they can not be trusted to do what is right. We need to get rid of these criminal organizations.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by seachange
#1 Corporations pay money in exchange for privileges that nobody else has. Are my liabilities limited? Nope. But the rich like Donald Trump have limited liability though corporate protections.

So do unions.

#2 Corporations demand you give a two-week notice before you leave. However if they wish for you to leave, their policy is to give a 0-day notice even if you've worked there for decades. They stop paying you immediately in most cases, not two weeks later. Go to hell, corporations!

So do unions.

#3 The front-line monkey-work employees have ideas just as valuable as the managers have, but corporations really couldn't care less what you on the front-lines have to say. Go to hell, corporations!

Um, again, so do unions.

I though I'd get that off my chest. I'm in favor of free-market capitalism but corporations are simply not a part of free markets in any way. I think we need to switch to a system where the people assert their power as individuals.

So you're not for unions.
Good.

The marketplace is supposed to be a two-way system of a negotiation between buyers and sellers. That is not what we have at all! Have you ever written a lengthy contract in 6-point font for your cell phone company that they reluctantly had to agree to? Didn't think so! Not one to just whine, I'm going to start an organization to take back our authority as buyers, starting right after I post this! Screw you corporations, we can fight back. And we will.

Buyers still determine the marketplace. If there were no customers, if there were no-one to purchase the products that corporations sell, then corporations would go away.

The simple truth is that the unions, the complainers, the average joe, need corporations.
Without corporations, unions would have no reason to exist.
Without corporations, to whom would the whiners, and pols in DC spew their hatred towards?
The average joe relies on corporations for money in exchange for work. With that exchange, the average joe can then purchase food (to feed the family) housng (to shelter the family) and computers so that people can vent their spleen towards corporations.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Having your liabilities limited doesn’t mean a person is free to break the law. I don’t think they should have all the tax loopholes. We need a flatter, more equitable tax system.

Filing for corporate status (versus being a sole-proprietor for example) means that your personal assets are protected from issues that arise in your company. If I was a sole proprietor and you didn’t like the service I performed for you you could sue me personally. Who the hell would want that risk in today’s society of frivolous lawsuits? I do something you don’t like and my family loses their home? That would suck!!

States protect (should protect) workers in these cases. The reason a company is not obligated to give notice is simple – If I told you that you were getting fired in two weeks, think of the damage you could do to the company (intentionally break things, steal contacts, sabotage, etc). The reason for the two week notice is so they can replace you, but that’s not law. People walk out all the time!

You are correct that some people have ideas as good or better than the people in charge. Some of the best companies to work for are the ones that value input from all employees. However, have you ever heard the phrase “Too many Chiefs – not enough Indians”? Some have to be the visionaries, some do the work and others manage the program. There is a hierarchy in every system. Think of all the problems you’d have if everyone was equal. I’ve never heard of a place like that. Have you?

That would be interesting! Good luck with that project!

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I have one and one reason only:

Their motive is profit based, not the well being of the people.

No, trickle down does not occur. That argument is tired and old. Some corporations are more efficient than government, but they only protect the reality of their success. "but but...people can choose free market practices that punish bad corporations that produce bad products."
Sure, when corporations are limited to a few resources. However, when they are providing electricity, water, regulating seed patents, controlling oil, buying patents of new technologies for suppression, and manipulating world economies...well then we are looking at something else.

The free market has never been free, and corporations have saw to that. Governments were never your enemy, for they were always controlled like a puppet by Corporations and Cartels since the late 19th century. The free market will never be free, especially when some have the ability to buy up more than others...they will seek to further that control to the point in which competition will have no place to exist.

but keep up that conservative ideology, I'm sure galactic civilizations haven't moved past that at all. I'm sure successful million year civilizations have not done away with currency. I'm sure they still enslave one another for control of capital and energy...it wouldn't just be a couple of assbackwards monkeys on a planet full of abundance who would do such a thing
Keep living in denial.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

The simple truth is that the unions, the complainers, the average joe, need corporations.
Without corporations, unions would have no reason to exist.
Without corporations, to whom would the whiners, and pols in DC spew their hatred towards?
The average joe relies on corporations for money in exchange for work. With that exchange, the average joe can then purchase food (to feed the family) housng (to shelter the family) and computers so that people can vent their spleen towards corporations.

The simple truth is you are now a conditioned drone, perfect, a walking advertisement for their latest products, nothing but a statistic, a bar code, you and your family are considered nothing but useless eaters. You are there ONLY to swallow their food, drink their water and live in their meagre homes that they may occasionally donate to you after riding you for 50-60 years like some broken horse. Then when you die, the corporations don't care, you are meaningless and so is you family. Remember you and your loved ones are nothing but useless eaters, drones and when you die, you will be replaced by others. You are nothing. You belong to the bar code.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

So do unions.

Huh? What are you talking about?

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Awwwwww, lookit!

You made my bunny cry.

Lizard, I care for corporations just as much as they care about me.

I could care less about corporations especially if I don't buy their product. But you sit and type on a computer (made by a corporation) through the internet (made by a corporation) to lecture ME about the drones of corporations????

*yawn*

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by gwynnhwyfar

reply to post by beezzer

So do unions.

Huh? What are you talking about?

What part didn't you understand?
Unions toss people to the curb all the time.
They're no different than corporations.. . . . . . actually, I take that back.

Corporations are in it for profit.
Unions are in it for profit.

Unions just lie better.
edit on 5-12-2011 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by mr-lizard

Awwwwww, lookit!

You made my bunny cry.

Lizard, I care for corporations just as much as they care about me.

I could care less about corporations especially if I don't buy their product. But you sit and type on a computer (made by a corporation) through the internet (made by a corporation) to lecture ME about the drones of corporations????

*yawn*

A man has to use some tools to survive. A pacifist can drive a tank. It's what you do with it that counts.
But thanks for pointing out the blinding obvious, but do feel free to u2u me your private details and I'll send you a clump of clay with little pebbles lined up to spell out every single word if you like? If it makes you feel better?

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
Their motive is profit based, not the well being of the people.

No, trickle down does not occur. That argument is tired and old.

but keep up that conservative ideology, I'm sure galactic civilizations haven't moved past that at all. I'm sure successful million year civilizations have not done away with currency.

Keep living in denial.

If trickle down doesn’t work then what’s the deal with the stimulus the government keeps doling out? They dole out money, people spend money, jobs are kept, those people make money, they spend money, etc, etc.

Of course it works! It’s the same reason tax cuts work (more money = more spending = human nature).

When you come across someone from one of those “galactic civilizations” you mentioned, let me know what they have to say!

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by FurvusRexCaeli

Sounds like you're not against corporations so much as business in general.

I'm not so much against business in general so much as consumers and employees that take it up the behind. They feel powerless to do anything about it but the fact is they can do things about it. They can change their shopping behavior.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

Do you even understand what a corporation is, beyond the tired old anti-business story lines?

Corporations exist to raise capital. They are able to raise capital because people can invest in a corporation absent being involved in the inner-workings of it. How do you expect that items that cost large amounts of money would be produced were groups of individuals not able to raise large sums of money? Steve Jobs could have created Apple by calling up a few friends to get the cash? No. He needed to raise significant capital and in order to do that he needed to issue stock. The way that those investors be protected in a financial sense requires a legal structure to ensure fair treatment of those investors. That legal system is generally referred to as the rules of encorporation.

99.9% of the time you use anything mass produced which include drugs, electronics, food in most cases, clothes, every time, you are using something that was created/funded by investments made by individuals (or for individuals via institutional investors) which provided the capital to research, invent, build and distribute those goods. It would be simply impossible absent a method of providing a vehicle for people to invest absent liability for those investments.

Corporations also have executive liability because there is no way, in the chain of production for a corporate entity to control with absolute certainty the entire process of production/distribution. I can not think of a corporation that controls the entire means of production and distribution within the confines of their own corporate entity. They are certainly responsible for some level of governance over all facets of their value chain, but, that can only be defined as a robust system of oversight and protocols to govern suppliers and partners. For example, should a drug manufacture be totally responsible, practice good corporate governance, take tough standards in selecting and tougher standards on managing suppliers and there is gross misconduct on the part of a supplier, should the executives of the corporation be held liable? They perform a complete and thorough review and audit of a processing plant on Monday and everything is 100% perfect. On Tuesday, some loon circumvents all existing processes and methodologies and dumps poison into a vat which winds up killing people. The heads of the corporation should be held liable? As it stands, they will likely pay out significant sums of money for something that they in no way could control.

I get it. You claim you like free enterprise and are all for "fair" practices but don't like corporations. Fine, take a few minutes and stop using those things you are currently using that are provided by corporations. Its easy. Turn the power and water to your home off, take your clothes off, go outside and sit on the ground.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
In your own words - what's a corporation?

Originally posted by seachange
#2 Corporations demand you give a two-week notice before you leave. However if they wish for you to leave, their policy is to give a 0-day notice even if you've worked there for decades...

I don't know where you are (I assume the US), but I am on the three month notice - both ways. Perhaps I am just able to negotiate better, or perhaps corporations (whatever they are) don't all have the blanket terms you suggest.

I love corporations. They bring employment to millions. Without them you would not have the computer you typed on to post your post.

Regards

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

If trickle down doesn’t work then what’s the deal with the stimulus the government keeps doling out? They dole out money, people spend money, jobs are kept, those people make money, they spend money, etc, etc.

Really? The stimulus is PRINTED MONEY further devaluing the currency!

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

I love corporations. They bring employment to millions. Without them you would not have the computer you typed on to post your post.

Everyone of you people who say this are hopelessly programmed by pure propaganda.

Giant corporations do not create jobs, they eliminate them.

Corporations didn't create computers, small start up companies did, some of this are still around, many are not. The Government contributed more the development of the computer than the big corporations.

Small start up corporations, which ussually have limited liability are great, giant corporations that have been in business for a hundred years are horrible messes.

What is worse is that you people ignore the terrible things giant corporations do.

And Unions don't have any of the powers you people claim. You are all hoodwinked if you believe this nonsense.

edit on 5-12-2011 by poet1b because: format code messed up

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

Corporations also have executive liability because there is no way, in the chain of production for a corporate entity to control with absolute certainty the entire process of production/distribution.

And that is the problem. That is what allows people to hide behind the giant corporate identity, commit crimes, and get away with their bonus money.

You are the one who does not understand the nature of these giant corporations. They are parasites on our economy, and the market system.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Tax cuts for the super rich destroy our economy, that is what happened in the eighties with wide scale fraud, and over the last decade. How can you continue to ignore the obvious.

Clinton raised taxes on the rich and we had our nations longest period of economic growth. Our next longest period of economic growth was in the sixties, when again, taxes were high on the rich and corporations.

If conservatives think the WW II gen was so great, why don't you follow their example, raise taxes on the rich and corporations, and put in place strong effective regulations. It worked then, it can work now.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join