It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do teachers have the authority to search you?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Oh yeah Back in the good old days when no one swore but it was perfectly fine to call African-Americans spooks, shines or spades. Clearly you had so much more respect for each other. Yes the glory days when odd-ball relatives were sent to the asylum and suspected criminals were strung up right there and then regardless of evidence to the contrary. I'll tells ya what else kids don't get hit enough today doin all that book learnin and figuring things out. back in my day you made it to sun down without a broken collar bone and you prayed thanks to the baby jesus. Oh yes what a civilized time that was.

Back in them days your country went to war you didn't question it you just went and said yes sir I will die for no reason whatsoever. When you worked 18 hour days for a penny an hour and you were happy to have it cuz you were a good god fearin workin man. And if you got your hand mashed in a press you didn't want no compensation no sir that would feel like stealing from your godlike employer. when accidents happened you just went up to the bossman's office and licked his boots to let you stay on as a mangled half a janitor. Yep thems were the days.

Again how does it feel to be a cliche?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Oh yeah Back in the good old days when no one swore but it was perfectly fine to call African-Americans spooks, shines or spades.
reply to post by FEDec

Lets not over exaggerate, people did swear back than. They just had the common sense not to use it around children, grown-ups and in public places. It's called being considerate and not offending people who would find that kind of language offensive.

Again, you're kind of naive to think racism is dead. You're painting the majority of Americans as raciest during that time, and that's simply wasn't the case.

Yes the glory days when odd-ball relatives were sent to the asylum and suspected criminals were strung up right there and then regardless of evidence to the contrary.

Again, your painting an entire generation based upon a groups particular racist belief. That's like me painting your entire generation as home invaders and thugs. Were not talking about groups like the KKK.

I'll tells ya what else kids don't get hit enough today doin all that book learnin and figuring things out. back in my day you made it to sun down without a broken collar bone and you prayed thanks to the baby jesus. Oh yes what a civilized time that was.

Oh, there were definitely some parents that went overboard disciplining their children. I definitely won't deny that. But now parents can't event swat their child on the behind with their bare hand without someone yelling abuse. Kids are singing their own tune no matter if it makes them homeless or lands them in an early grave. If kids want to be illiterate and ignore their education so be it. But don't use my taxes to pay for your welfare check because your too incompetent to hold a job! There's a reason why the United States is ranked 25 out of 28 in education. If you don't think a poorly educated generation won't affect your quality of life down the road, just wait.

Back in them days your country went to war you didn't question it you just went and said yes sir I will die for no reason whatsoever.

Did you learn anything about the Vietnam protests in history class?
Have I missed something here? Your generation has witnessed more illegal wars and occupations during your time than my generation!!! I haven't seen any protests by your generation? Talking about saying yes and dying for no reason, were you sleeping during the Gulf War, Iraq War and the war in Afghanistan? I guess ignorance is bliss.

When you worked 18 hour days for a penny an hour and you were happy to have it cuz you were a good god fearin workin man. And if you got your hand mashed in a press you didn't want no compensation no sir that would feel like stealing from your godlike employer.

Dude, you're losing me here. How old do you think I am, 200 years-old?
Seriously a penny an hour?

All I can think of is your talking about work ethics. I guess you think being rude to customers and doing what you want to do on the job is the new way of thinking. What kind of twisted thinking is that? If you owned a business and hired someone who was loafing on the job and not doing what you were paying them to do, would you continue giving them a pay check? Your business wouldn't survive. That's the real world we live in today. What world are you living in?

Again how does it feel to be a cliche?

I don't think you really understand how your using the word cliche.
A cliche is not an original phrase or idea. I lived my generation and I am telling you my original experiences during that time. Just because many in my generation repeat the same memories of that time, doesn't mean we never experienced it. So my personal experience is original. I just think you don't like hearing the truth.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

That's like me painting your entire generation as home invaders and thugs.

But what it's ok to paint us all as lazy, foul mouthed, tech obsessed jersey shore extras? Because that is exactly what you did when you said "The reality shows are a reflection of your generation."

Frankly you older folks have failed to keep up your end of the contract just as much as we have.

Where are the wise old men who carefully guided youngsters down the right path? They are too busy alienating us by saying crap like you've been spouting here. I can't count how many times I've asked older folks to impart a little wisdom my way only to be met with "you young dumb kids too lazy to do anything blah blah blah blah blah blah."

I'm sick of it. My first job was at a gas station that i worked at after school. After high school I was working fifty hour weeks to help pay for college. I worked my butt off and still managed to make some good friends out of customers with whom I still talk to today. I once made $57 in tips in three days I was so nice. Yet everyday without fail I'd get the elderly crowd. Ornery, rude and drunk as skunks. I could smell the vodka over the gas fumes even. If they said anything at all it would be something to the effect of "punk kids" or "get it filled and hurry up about it" as if I could make gas pump faster.

I don't even dress weird or dye my hair or any of that. I was just dealing with a generation that is just as self obsessed, rude and screwed up as you claim mine to be. Only difference is APPARENTLY with all that experience you guys should know better.

I don't think you really understand how your using the word cliche. A cliche is not an original phrase or idea. I lived my generation and I am telling you my original experiences during that time. Just because many in my generation repeat the same memories of that time, doesn't mean we never experienced it. So my personal experience is original. I just think you don't like hearing the truth.

No I was calling you a cliche because you actually used the phrase "in my day". Who says that?
edit on 7-12-2011 by FEDec because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1   >>

join