It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATM Surcharges Could Be Waived With Commercials

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Sorry to burst the bubble but I do not pay for fees on ATM's as long as they are sponsored by my bank, I also have a debit card that my bank do not charge me fees, I do not live in an Utopia but at my age I have learn to be a more customer savvy when it comes to what I get for my money.

Every penny counts in this days and time.

Banks like any other entities are businesses and you as the consumer and supporter of the businesses have the "choice" to shop for the best deal.

I have been banking with the same bank for over 35 years that is why I am still with them, they are good to me and I will be nice to them.

Now if you have the time to stand in from of an ATM and listen to propaganda be my guess, also if you don't have time to shop for a better bank be my guess, but that is nothing but crap.
plain and simple.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by varikonniemi
In my country a part of the ATMs were taken over by a private money mogul who started charging small ATM fees. IT made such a big public outcry that the charges were dropped.

I would never, ever accept having to pay for lifting money at ATM, nor watching commercials.

Over here it is seen as a good enough privilege that the ATM owner gets to plaster his logo on the machine.

It is a privilege to have your machine at a ATM slot, not a right.

Where do you live at?

Please let me know so I can research the facts and find out the truth, because I simply am very skeptical of these magical claims.

How can you pay for electricity to run the machine, plus pay a driver to deliver cash to this machine, if you do not have some sort of fee system?

This sounds like the "mogul" is paying out of his own pocket just to provide you with a service at his own expense and losing tons of money, and that doesn't sound possible.

So please indulge me on what nation this utopia is, because I want to move there!

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Right so because you happen to have a great situation working for you, that means Everyone Else should have a great situation too!

That is very disappointing, can't you just realize not everyone has the opportunity to have everything working perfect for them? Life isn't as easy for all of us as it is for you.

Why are you so adamant on keeping us paying ATM fees? Can't you let us have a commercial instead of the fee?

It doesn't even affect you at all.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Right a bank should be your slave and hold your money for nothing?

Do they not take our money and loan it out, with interest and only give the customer .001 percentage. They are making money, trust me.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I don't use ATMs.

If I need cash, I go to my credit union, chat with the teller and get some.

I don't use debit cards.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Right a bank should be your slave and hold your money for nothing?

Do they not take our money and loan it out, with interest and only give the customer .001 percentage. They are making money, trust me.

I didn't know that private ATM banking companies were loaning out money for long term situations. Maybe a few do but certainly not all of them.

There are many different types of banking institutions, not all of them give out long term loans.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
I don't use ATMs.

If I need cash, I go to my credit union, chat with the teller and get some.

I don't use debit cards.

Are they open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week?
Some of us work during the night and sleep in the day and cannot possibly make it during the 9 to 5 hours.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I don't know. Clever marketing can be educational, such as:

If watch this ad 100,000 times YOU will be able to own your house instead of the bank.

or

Watch this ad 10,000 times and YOU can buy a new car without taking out a bank loan.

I am willing to bet that it won't be anything fiscally empowering though, probably just along the lines of

You just saved $3 and this store has all Pepsi 2 liters on sale for $3. What are you waiting for?

edit on 5-12-2011 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

I live in Finland. As i said, the ATM spot is seen as a commercial (billboard) spot. Commercial spots are also not free. As i understand it they do not pay anything for the spot, other than providing a service. What they get in return is the publicity that they provide a service, and the logo/name in every customers eye.

This has led to problems in very small rural areas, where it is not seen as cost effective to provide an ATM. This however also seems to be clearing out nicely, since the publicity gained in the national media by companies stopping ATM services due to non profitability are also a very effective bad publicity source.
edit on 5-12-2011 by varikonniemi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Which was exactly the point of ATM's. To save banks from having to build new branches and staff them along with longer service hours in order to accommodate a 24 hour world. Hence all ATM's used to be free, even if you didn't bank there. Greed changed the cost saving to instant income for what was originally a boon for the banks.

Let us all thank the government for allowing such criminal activity to remain legal. After all, those fees help the bank stock holder and we all know that elected official hold stocks and wouldn't do anything to effect their wealth by passing laws for the benefit of people versus their pocket.

Conflict of interest just isn't an ethical problem for our elected official.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join