It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Knapp doing what he does best, blowing the lid off conspiracies. His battle against the banks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Evening ladies and gents.

I came across this news article and subsequent video tonight where he is doing a newer special segment on his local CBS affiliate in Vegas against mortgage fraud called "Desert Underwater". One point I found fascinating (albeit horrifying), is that many times when people are buying homes that have been foreclosed upon in the past the paper work is invalid, which in turn MEANS that these people do not even own the homes they have been paying on for years! Even worse, when George Knapp looked into his OWN home he found out that he does not own his either! Unbelievable!

Check out the news article and video here:

Three years ago reporter George Knapp of KLAS-TV purchased a foreclosed-upon house. Or at least he thought he'd purchased the home. As part of his interview with a local lawyer, Knapp gave the attorney his home address to see what, if any, mistakes had been made during the foreclosure and subsequent sale. Turned out it was a a little more than a mistake. After the attorney quickly discovered an error in the chain of title for the property, Knapp contacted the Nevada Attorney General's office, which confirmed he did not actually own the house because of fake signatures and improper filings.

Consumerist Blog: Reporter Investigating Foreclosure Fraud Finds Out He's A Victim Of Foreclosure Fraud

It is SO refreshing to hear this mainstream media outlet (even if it is only local) taking a stand and talking about real issues and working to help viewers fix these issues.

I do not live anywhere near Vegas, in fact I am in Canada but I carry dual-citizenship and what is happening in my home country just sickens me. Not that it is not happening here in Canada, but the people residing in America are really getting the short end of the stick in my opinion.

If you want to see more about this "Desert Underwater" project George has going you can check it out here: Desert Underwater

There are lots of good videos (with a horribly annoying 15 second myspace ads, but worth it) and articles to read through. I really do like George Knapp and I wish him and residents of Las Vegas the best of luck with this!!

Cheers!
edit on 5-12-2011 by jar11 because: mistake in the title

edit on 5-12-2011 by jar11 because: clean up spelling and grammar mistakes.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I'm going to give this thread one bump. Just cause I think it's important to see.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
well,

if someone buys a house,

and it turns out to be a foreclosure scam and the buyer does not "own" the house,

then who does? and WHO would be claiming the new buyer is not the owner?

if the money transfers correctly, what exactly is the legal problem?

the legal remedy might be to get the money into the rightful hands?

Las Vegas has a gigantic housing mess.

there are crooks everywhere.

there are also phony quit claim scams.

somebody forges your name on a transfer and gets a phony notary, files it with the county, and bingo, you don't own the house.

big legal trouble proving it was a forged signature, especially when a forger copies your signature accurately.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Not sure of the exact legalities, but an old general principle is that you cannot give better title to something than you yourself have.

So if the "seller" did not own the home, then you don't either.

Whoever is legally determined as the owner can, in theory at least, simply take possession by some means.

your comeback is not against hte legal owner, but against het person who wrongly sold it to you.

Presumably if the home was not properly foreclosed then the person it was foreclosed from is still hte owner.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Easy way to find out who the owner is.
Don't pay.
When the "foreclosure" papers come, take them to the attorney general. AG knows they are fraudulent, so you have an ally. You can't be foreclosed on.
Occupy.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by SurrealisticPillow
Easy way to find out who the owner is.
Don't pay.
When the "foreclosure" papers come, take them to the attorney general. AG knows they are fraudulent, so you have an ally. You can't be foreclosed on.
Occupy.

Interesting. This whole mess is just "shake your head" worthy.

new topics

top topics

join