It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's possible a tsunami in the Mediterranean Sea?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Just look at those sequences.Those are from today.Since ancient times we don't have a tsunami in that region!Because of the active lithospheric plate convergence, the Mediterranean Sea region is geodynamically
characterized by high seismicity and significant volcanism.

Text2011-12-05 08:42:58.0 29min ago 38.96 N 26.10 E 5 3.7 NEAR THE COAST OF WESTERN TURKEY 2011-12-05 08:38:04.2 34min ago 38.85 N 26.35 E 9 2.5 NEAR THE COAST OF WESTERN TURKEY 2011-12-05 08:34:36.3 37min ago 38.87 N 26.33 E 10 2.5 NEAR THE COAST OF WESTERN TURKEY 2011-12-05 08:30:25.0 42min ago 38.86 N 26.36 E 2 4.2 NEAR THE COAST OF WESTERN TURKEY 1 F 2011-12-05 08:17:28.0 55min ago 38.85 N 26.41 E 10 4.9 NEAR THE COAST OF WESTERN TURKEY 1 F 2011-12-05 08:16:03.0 56min ago 38.09 N 20.51 E 0 3.2 GREECE 2011-12-05 07:55:42.0 1hr 16min ago 38.07 N 22.98 E 7 2.8 GREECE 2011-12-05 07:53:02.2 1hr 19min ago 38.70 N 43.54 E 29 2.4 EASTERN TURKEY
source(www.emsc-csem.org...

TextDestructive earthquakes and tsunamis have ravaged the Eastern Mediterranean Basin, the Greek mainland and the islands of the Aegean and Ionian Seas. Large destructive earthquakes and tsunamis resulted in extensive destruction of the Minoan and early Greek settlements (Pararas-Carayannis, 1973). The following is a brief overview of major historical tsunamis in Greece and the potential for tsunami generation from large earthquakes in the region. The Palaces of the Minoan Empire at Knossos, Crete, were destroyed by large earthquakes in the 1700's B.C., were rebuilt but damaged again by subsequent earthquakes and tsunamis associated with the explosion/collapse of the Santorin volcano in 1490 B.C.
source(drgeorgepc.com...

Historical documentary sources of the Mediterranean Sea region contain much information about
earthquakes and associated phenomena like tsunamis!
edit on 5-12-2011 by diamondsmith because: Sea

edit on 5-12-2011 by diamondsmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Turkey has been quite active for the last 6 months, I used to think it was about to go, now not so much.
You can bet there can be a tsunami here, and given the coastline geography, well, we are pretty much done if or when it happens.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I'd say why not? Alaska had a freak tsunami over 1,700 feet high in a very localized event:

The 1,700 foot wave in Alaska - 1958

I'm willing to bet if man had an accurate and full record of what nature has pulled around the world in just the last several hundred years, we'd all have trouble even sleeping at night for the images of how extreme nature can be in the most unexpected places...once in a great while.

I sure wouldn't want to be in the Med when something like that happened.....but these days? Heck, I can't say I'd be speechless with shock either. How many 1:100 year or 1:500 year events have we all witnessed in the last several years? It's almost gotten to be a joke, hasn't it?

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Hi Wrabbit2000 just look at EMSC map right now!!

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

Hi Diamond,
thanks for the post....I have thrown the Mediteranean fault into the eq thread a few times, tends to get ignored which is fair enough. You probably saw my latest rant on that thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Good on you for sticking your neck out too!

S&F
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Its funny you say that, I had the same thoughts last night when I was looking at some paintings by child prodogy Akiani there was one that had a tsunami hiting the pyrimids and also another one that caught my eye was one of San Fransisco, the golden gate bridge, it looked like the city was on fire or had been nuked very unusual because most of her work is very positive and colourful but not these 2 they show destruction Ive also heard rumors that San Fran will be the next false flag. Please have a look at her paintings and tell me what u think by the way she was 9 when she painted theses in 2008 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mind blowing art

Mod Note: Please don't post in all caps!
edit on 7-12-2011 by Gemwolf because: Removed all caps from post.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by angelchemuel

Hi Diamond,
thanks for the post....I have thrown the Mediteranean fault into the eq thread a few times, tends to get ignored which is fair enough. You probably saw my latest rant on that thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Good on you for sticking your neck out too!

S&F
Rainbows
Jane

Hi Angel,yes I've seen it, good post,keep up with the good work!

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   

You too!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by BULLETINYOURHEAD
ITS FUNNY YOU SAY THAT, I HAD THE SAME THOUGHTS LAST NIGHT WHEN I WAS LOOKING AT SOME PAINTINGS BY CHILD PRODOGY AKIANI THERE WAS ONE THAT HAD A TSUNAMI HITING THE PYRIMIDS AND ALSO ANOTHER ONE THAT CAUGHT MY EYE WAS ONE OF SAN FRANSISCO, THE GOLDEN GATE BRIDGE, IT LOOKED LIKE THE CITY WAS ON FIRE OR HAD BEEN NUKED VERY UNUSUAL BECAUSE MOST OF HER WORK IS VERY POSITIVE AND COLOURFUL BUT NOT THESE 2 THEY SHOW DESTRUCTION IVE ALSO HEARD RUMORS THAT SAN FRAN WILL BE THE NEXT FALSE FLAG. PLEASE HAVE A LOOK AT HER PAINTINGS AND TELL ME WHAT U THINK BY THE WAY SHE WAS 9 WHEN SHE PAINTED THESES IN 2008 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MIND BLOWING ART
That one with the Golden Gate I found it but the other one no, anyway thanks!

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Hi Wrabbit2000 just look at EMSC map right now!!

I know we don't really 'approve' of EDIS around here, but have a look at Greece on the current listings just now....looks like Turkey has had that 'jackhammer' effect as I call it, and triggered a little swarm on the fault line that comes from Turkey into Greece.

hisz.rsoe.hu...

I have noticed this pattern whenever Turkey has a 'swarm'...it rattles its way down into Greece, and then fades as it heads west down the Med out to the Atlantic, often causing one of Etna's regular paroxisms probably. Then the whole cycle starts again!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Just found this

science.nasa.gov...

Full Moon Saturday and a 'super' eclipse to boot....what have I been saying for the last 6 weeks.....?

Not saying it's this one....but just saying
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

Yes Angel,thank you but the you tube link doesn't work,also very interesting the Gakona Induction Magnetometer,very active last days!

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Grrrrr! I can never get the hang of this embedding thing!

Here's the link
www.youtube.com...

It's Creedence Clearwters Bad Moon Rising!

Rainbows
Jane

It's my theme tune at the mo!

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Perhaps one reason why tsunamis have been rare in the Mediterranean is the comparatively small volume of water, compared with the Pacific, so that it would take something really, really big (like the Thera episode) to set one off.
I believe the Aegean is shallower than the waters further south, which would reduce the volumes once again and help to dampen the power of prospective tsunamis.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
And a tsunami in Southern France, near Toulouse, is it possible?

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheGreatRevelation
And a tsunami in Southern France, near Toulouse, is it possible?

I don't think so it's to far inland.
edit on 5-12-2011 by diamondsmith because: t

new topics

top topics

join