It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing Survival Story (A MUST SEE)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
im not sure if you guys have seen this or not but it is truly a harrowing story. Just shows how messed up our world really is in times like these. sorry I am not sure how to embed a video, if someone wants to tell me i would be very appreciative .. make sure you watch the entire video

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Wow dude That hit home major. I got shot with a 12ga 00 mag buckshot Dec. 25, 2001 @ 3:00 AM. in the right neck, head, and chest. I spent 2 months in the hospital. I had 2 trauma surgeries Christmas morning and 1 major surgery every month into 2003. They had to replace 1/3 of my neck with muscle from my chest. It was crazy, but what this kid said was the truth. Being shot didn't hurt. I was like in a dream world. The hurt started later like when I woke up tied down with that respirator hose down my throat. I am a big guy and played football in school. I managed to bust my right hand free to pull the hose out of my throat. I panicked though because I didn't know where I was. For some reason I thought I had been captured and was being tortured. The Surgical ICU nurse apparently put the hose back in because I went right back out. I woke up again and she was tieing my right arm back down and I pulled away and got the hose out again when I saw police, doctors, my father, etc come running in and asked if I knew where I was. I didn't and they told me. I will never forget it. It is an intense thing to go through. I was always scared of surgery but ended up with 22 surgeries in total and am about fully functional now. Anyway, it brought it all back when I watched the video. I say to this day God had his hand on my neck because the Carotid artery was exposed but didn't rupture amazingly. The police at my house told my family they never saw someone that was shot that bad live. I was 36 at the time. It changes your outlook on life and what it means. My family is the most important thing to me now. Just being with them and enjoying their company, the natural world, etc. I know each day I have now is one I shouldn't have been here for. I could care less about material things, and I do know the afterlife is real. Man's words don't describe it well. It is complete peace, love, and it is as if you are part of everything in existance throughout the universe. Connected to creation. I don't expect anyone who hasn't been there to understand. I have had body bags called for me twice in life and it wasn't my time. I keep getting sent back here lol!

edit on 5/12/11 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by spirit_horse

wow thats a truly amazing feat you had to overcome and i commend you on that. i could not imagine what it must have been like in the hospital for that long with that many surgeries. Im glad to hear your ok and have such an amazing story to tell. family is the most important thing in life for me also.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this Jbones.
It's a great story and that kid is very lucky to still be alive.
It's incredible that someone would shoot somebody they called a friend just to get initiated into some gang.
But shooting them repeatedly?
The shooter should have gotten the death penalty.
Glad to see the victim alive and well.
His experience has taught him to value the things he has, a lesson all of us need once in a while.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

thank you, but yes i am with you on this one, i feel the shooter should most definitely gotten the death penalty, a person like that should not be still walking on this earth.. but thats just me

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Jbones

Wow!!

Very amazing story!!!

new topics

top topics

join