It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Online Justice

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
This thread is what to do about online cruelty to animals, a criminal act. This fragile earth's fragile children, innocent animals.

Firstly, the ASPCA provides an instructional page of links. I found this quite interesting. I will provide a quote from it here, see what you more savvy (than I) computer'ers think of it.
www.aspca.org...

What You Can Do About Online Cruelty
There are several parties involved in managing a website. There is the person who owns/registered the domain name—usually the site’s creator—and there is also the Internet service provider (ISP), the company that “hosts” the website on its servers.
Anyone may access this background information for a particular website by visiting www.networksolutions.com... and doing a “whois” search of the site in question.
Now that you have the ISP’s information, contact it about the offensive site. If the site’s content violates the ISP’s terms of service, the company might chose to remove it—however, if the site displays criminal acts and warrants an investigation by law enforcement, you might want to hold off on attempting to have the site removed, pending an investigation.
If you have concrete information that a website is displaying/promoting criminal acts, the most effective response is still traditional, local law enforcement. (“Local” in this case means based in the area from which the website originates—the “whois” search will provide you with the registrant’s address.) Do not contact the owner of the site directly—instead, you may wish to contact any or all of the following organizations and advise them of the facts of the situation

Then there is this place called the IC3 Internet Crime Complaint Center, a partnership of Federal Bureau of Investigation and the National White Collar Crime center.
www.ic3.gov...

4. The Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3), a partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the National White Collar Crime Center and the Bureau of Justice Assistance. File an online report with IC3 only if what you have seen has a money angle (someone selling, trading, or offering an illegal good or service). Select "Money" when asked what the incident you are reporting involved.
*You may file a report from abroad, but the IC3 will only review reports of suspected abuse taking place in the United States.

I went ahead and sent them linkage to some horrific animal video cruelty, but I don't think it involves -money- .
Oh well, too bad! My bad! Not.

But I saw that HUS says to contact the law enforcement authorities (re. animal victims) of a video perpetrator's location. We may not know what town, but like if it's the UK, that helps at least.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Good for you in doing more than sitting at your keyboard and stewing over some of what we see cross the headlines and ATS itself. I wish I'd done this myself, but I sure tip my hat in respect for your effort in getting it started. I couldn't agree more in even a little information being helpful. If they didn't have that little nugget of information before, it can't do anything but help them...Why not? Thanks for the inspiration to do more than yell out our monitors over some outrages!

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Thanks Wrab, I do this because if I do nothing, I'll become more sick than I already got. Someone's thread here about a kitten and cat (you probably know) gave me a migrane and stomach ache, and I chose not to view the crimes, I gleaned more that enough via the posts. The only way I can fight the frustration, anxiety and depression, is to --actively-- do something. Then I can -almost- sleep at night, versus -not- sleep at night. I think I will now go do searches about this thread's equivilants abroad.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
The UK has The Police Central e-crime Unit.

www.met.police.uk...

The Police Central e-crime Unit - PCeU, is jointly fund by the Home Office and Metropolitan Police to provide a national investigative response to the most serious incidents of cyber-crime.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Kudos to you for taking action as opposed to that other thread you mentioned where all the people that seem to want to take action are too busy trying to be right in an online forum than actually doing anything about the issue they claim to be so upset by.

top topics

join