It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Law for you, but not our legislative body.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
We all know that congress and the senate pass many bills in which they have exempted themselves. We have all seen posts on how they reap insider information to get rich, or how they exempt themselves from the health care laws (though I admittedly haven't done much research into that one)

Here are a couple other exceptions written into "bills" that are made to protect their own "butts" or the butts of those they "work" for.

Freedom of Information Act

Exemption 5: Documents which are "inter-agency or intra-agency memorandum or letters" which would be privileged in civil litigation. 5 U.S.C. § 552(b)(5).

The exemption was intended to incorporate common-law privileges against discovery. Of all such privileges, the one most frequently encountered by public interest requesters is based on the concept of "executive" privilege which protects recommendations and advice which are part of the "deliberative process" involved in governmental decision-making. The rationale being to protect the integrity of agency decision-making by encouraging both full and frank discussions of policy proposals and to prevent premature disclosure of policies under review.

Exempting themselves

Documents which are related to specified reports prepared by, on behalf of, or for the use of agencies which regulate financial institutions. 5 U.S.C. § 552(b)(8).

Exemption 8 protects information that is contained in or related to examination, operating, or condition reports prepared by or for a bank supervisory agency such as the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, the Federal Reserve, or similar agencies.

So the federal reserve is exempt. so a private bank is in charge of all banks and is not subject to telling anyone anything they do? That's like telling a toddler to decide what's best for other toddlers in a room full of candy and keys and electrical outlets.

FOIAdvocates

Whistleblower Act

Covered Employees

Generally, current employees, former employees, or applicants for employment to positions in the executive branch of government in both the competitive and the excepted service, as well as positions in the Senior Executive Service, are considered covered employees. 4 However, those positions that are excepted from the competitive service because of their “confidential, policy-determining, policymaking, or policy-advocating character,” 5 and any positions exempted by the President based on a determination that it is necessary and warranted by conditions of good administration, 6 are not protected by the whistleblower statute.

So if you work for congress or the senate, and catch them doing something illegal, and report them, they have a right to seek revenge?

digital commons

I did not add the "insider trading provisions" because i could not find the actual bill or provision exempting them.

If you find something post it with the provision or exemption with it.
edit on 4-12-2011 by tw0330 because: Title change

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
It is absolutely ridiculous just how deep this rabbit hole of corruption will go.

The president is no more than a puppet for congress and senate, who themselves are puppets to the corporate elites.

here is a videos that will blow your mind.

Please, if you know of any other interesting laws, bent on only protecting their own "butts" or the butts of their "interests" please post it with a link to the actual statute or exemption.

It would be nice to get a list of just how corrupt or government has become.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I would like to add that I did not add the "insider trading" exemption because I could not find the actual bill and/or provision where it specifically states the exemption.

If you happen to have this, feel free to post it.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
WOW I figured people would be all over this to show me how I am wrong somehow.

Maybe that was just wishful dreaming, lol.

top topics

join