It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Father let's his 9-year-old daughter drive him around after he had been drinking

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Originally posted by elrey72011
Idk why people are having a heart attack over this. at least the father wasn't a pedo or child molestor. he could be a lot worse than letting his daughter drive.

The man is a drunk...putting his own little girl in danger because he's too irresponsible to remain sober enough to get his own sorry tail from point A to point B and no one sees something wrong with this picture?

She may have actually been a good driver. Likewise, those 10 year old killers I see pictured in every African brush war the world media goes to photograph are probably very effective little soldiers too. It isn't meant to draw a moral equivalent, but I do wish to point out how some things are just NOT MEANT for little kids, regardless of their ability to learn or perform the task. Isn't that what the outrage over kids making sneakers overseas is all about?

Among the tasks I can think of being unfit for a child is being the chauffeur to a drunkard masquerading as a father. I cannot personally imagine a loving and nurturing parent allowing themselves to be in public, drunk AND with their child to begin with. We don't even need to get to the 'putting the kid in the drivers seat' part, since decent parenting doesn't get to step 1. Wow.. This has really been an interesting morning here for wild threads running right on the outer limits.

I am glad someone does not have "present day" blinders on this morning!

I guess this world has finally merged into phase 2 of conditioning & desensitization

I do not care what you,your great ancestors cousins best friends sister back in the 60's/70's friend could do under or within a certain age bracket

It is incredibly POOR parenting,full stop. No if's,no ends and no buts.It is only as shocking as what this grown adult did or rather did not do,he failed his responsibilities as a father and is lucky no matter what charge he gets.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by scoobdude
You see you define what is wrong, but not what is right. And lets just say for arguments sake that there is more to the story. Like his car broke down or his ride left and he had to get home cause (insert random important untimely task here). When would it be ok in your eyes? And if its not, please provide a better solution. This is like telling someone in debt that it is their fault....when its medical expenses they had to pay and is of no fault of their own.

Secondly what she had already been taught. There are numerous cases of kids grabbing their parents guns to defend their home and numerous more where they have killed themselves or others on accident. No matter which case you can not say the act of teach a child how to operate something "in case of emergency" is a bad idea.

I don't define what is right or wrong. As it happens the Penal Code for the state he resides in defines that and in his case, it's defined his actions as a felony offense. Sounds appropriate and I fully endorse that finding...but I didn't make it despite having no qualms. If he'd been this..or he'd been that.. yeah, there are a dozen scenarios we can hash out for woulda, coudla, shoulda. The fact is, none of those other scenarios happened. This one did and he's going through the system on felony charges for it. Good.

Why all the effort and mental gymnastics to come up with ways to justify actions like this? I wouldn't fault this reaction if someone knew the man or was related to him. It'd be perfectly understandable in that case. We aren't though..and this guy is just another mutt in a long line of losers to parade across the headlines. So..Why defend this kind of action and treatment of a child in any way, shape or form? I just don't get that part.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Well said and I agree 100%.
I am having issues with wrapping my head around why all the excuses? down-playing and disregard.
I can understand if some may not be parents themselves but still...This kinda of behavior is not and should not be acceptable.

There are enough accidents,tragedies and death around us these days,I for one would like to bring things far away from that.

We need to wake up and make changes together in order to get this world back to love,order and peace....If we don't change we my as well just hang it up,act like nothing is wrong and continue on with this downward spiral of decay that has become of us as a Species.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by elrey72011
Idk why people are having a heart attack over this. at least the father wasn't a pedo or child molestor. he could be a lot worse than letting his daughter drive.

...because it could have been a lot worse than just being pulled over.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
This is NOT felony child abuse. No a good decision due to booze, but does not rise to the level of a felony or abuse. Period.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join