It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Mystifying Questions

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
I think due to law of entropy everything eventually decays and falls apart, slows down and stops. Order turns chaos and not the other way around.

Apparently theres just not enough mass in the universe to stop its expansion so the gaps in between all the atoms will just keep getting larger. The other part of this theory is that the universe is flat and not curved so the expansion will go on forever. A lot of people were hoping that the universe was curved and eventually if you went in one direction for long enough you would end up where you started.

There is a beginning and an end we witness everyday in all aspects of our world as we perceive it.
Would there not be a continuity to this to the known universe and beyond?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
reply to post by tkwasny

I am very interested in your alternative theories on this.
But,please forgive me if I sometimes don't understand your words,as I am but just common folk.

So am I. But I speak in the ways that I do because of that which I can no longer shut off or not see. I try to piece together words in a linear fashion when I am seeing a Whole all woven as One.

Be careful what you ask for, you can get it and no longer return. This is what is meant by one surrendering all your worldly goods and ways. It is not a behavior you force upon yourself to "get to a status". It is upon Arrival, the things of this world typically of value are all worthless. Everything! Be ready to surrender everything or don't do this. You'll have no choice, because of your choice.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

According to current theories there is no end. In this reality anyway. If parallel universes exist then there is probably an existence where there was enough mass in the universe to halt the expansion and they will experience the opposite to a big bang..the big crunch. But for us the future of the universe is a whole bunch of no fun

its a sad lonely end to such an amazing place. I hope the scientists have got it all wrong to be honest.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by tkwasny

I think I know where you are going with this.
It's ok.
Life is short for us,as I say enjoy the ride.
What we are made of may go on forever,what makes us who we are will not.

edit on 3-12-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
This is my universe and you are just here and so is all matter so that i will have something to entertain me and vice versa

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Years ago, I recall a discussion of removing the anti-matter from nothingness, and matter could result-- and a whole bunch of energy.

That makes no sense on a Newtonian level, but at a quantum level, I'm told it kind of does.

Of course, the Prime Mover has always been the problem with the Big Bang.

So, what if the Big Bang only refers to some of the dimensions and caused by one or more of the others?

Conceptually, I wonder what happens if we take away just one dimension from a thing with length, width, depth and time-- leaving any three in tact The thing still exists, but ceases to be matter as we know it.

Reversing that thought... then, what if the Big Bang was merely the natural result of one new dimension being added as a natural result of what already existed?

----

Oh, and as for expansion resulting in the cooling until nothing but dead rocks...

I don't think that is possible. Imagine the coldest, smallest and loneliest rock in the universe, and, at the atomic level, it is in constant motion with enormous energy- and infinitely larger than what was before the Big Bang.
edit on 4-12-2011 by Frira because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join