It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Mystifying Questions

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
1 - If material can indeed be born out of nothingness, shouldn't it have been all around the place since forever? If material can be born out of pure nothingness, there can never have been a start of time, therefore the theory is impossible: there has to be other dimensions than just inexistence and existence of material.

2 - With the ever-expanding universe, will everything eventually be buried in light?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Jonas86

With regard to question #2, I think everything will get really dark eventually.

As far as #1 goes, I think everything is just a passing thought in some really large mind.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
1-If you could possibly answer this question, what practicality would it have to your life?

2-The stars are going to eventually burn out, so unless we can eventually facilitate the light of a star, the universe is going to go dark. Light doesn't go away but it's frequency shifts.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

s

yes, stars and suns burn out eventually but at the same time stars (and I'd imagine also suns) are being 'born' everyday.
by the time our sun burns out I don't think there will be much left of the earth. Mankind is destroying itself.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
"Passing thought on some large mind," that feels correct, as I can't see how can there have been a start of material existence in an unending emptiness, when material can be born out of nothingness - it should've existed forever, and nothing can have existed forever except emptiness/inexistence.

Why do the first particles born out of void have a similar size-scale everywhere, or do they?

Only the thought of ONE material reality for everyone to share is weird beyond comprehension.

It blows my mind to understand this universe is neverending, it's just so cool and magical.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
That is the magical mystery of it all, that anything exists.

The way we think, there should not be anything in existence. We need to understand a beginning point, and in the case of the universe, the best idea that they can come up with is that it was a fluctuation in a vacuum that decided to have enough mass to expand into all that we can see.... Plus a lot more.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Very good questions,OP.
Can I add a few more?
Will the universe eventually stop expanding,fall back unto itself,creating another big bang,like a reoccurring cycle?
And is there just one universe,or are there more?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
1- I think the idea is that everything was born out of a very very tiny something and not out of nothing.

Time is a measurement of a rate of change. When everything was packed into a very tiny something and nothing ever moved so there was no change and so no time. As soon as the very tiny something started to break apart and expand the stuff it was made out of was able to move about (change) so this is how time was created.

2 - the theory is eventually the stars will go out and everything in the that can cause light will be used up and we will be in total darkness. Eventually you wont even be able to shine a torch.

Because there isnt enough mass in the universe to stop the expansion all the atoms will continue to get further and further apart from each other into infinity.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

So,maybe one of the atoms from our universe will smash into a tiny something in another adjoining universe,causing that tiny something to start to break apart?
Cause ,if you think about the huge vastness that could be beyond our known universe of galaxies,what IS beyond that ?
What is it expanding into?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
1 - The absolute that is not, that is pure non-existance, is self annihilating the instant consciousness considers "it". I just annihilated "it" by attaching definition calling "it", an "it". Since omnipresence, to be true to the definition of existing absolutely everywhere, cannot exist inside of absolute non-existance, the effort to do so IS the ONE infinitesimal Singularity. The Singularity is the foundation through which space and time are generated and upheld. Then all this contents of spacetime we call the Universe after that. Because omnipresence could not be truely omnipresent, It had to generate a nothing and then generate a means to experience it, then absorb that. That's why finite lifeforms as proxies exist. (Beloved silence and null)

2. The Universe is the same now and forever. It was never created. It cannot end. The illusion of expanding space is the Singularity engaged in infinite rate (speed) angular kinetics of every angle, which as a set that is this "flight path" of where this Singularity IS, is the infinite expanse. Where the Singularity IS NOT as a component of this same "flight path" is the generated non-existance, the infinite impedance.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by tkwasny

Ya think?

That was a joke. Sorry.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by tkwasny

Ya think?

That was a joke. Sorry.

Kool

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by tkwasny

I understand that the universe has always been here,but our universe is expanding,no?
Where is it expanding from?

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
reply to post by tkwasny

I understand that the universe has always been here,but our universe is expanding,no?
Where is it expanding from?

There is no expanding of infinite. There is illusion of expansion because the CONTENTS of spacetime are in motion. But the "thing" that is space itself is actually time (as all the future) that is no longer kinetic, called "the present", which exists for an infinitesimal duration as a string of instances at (probably) Planck frequency.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
the problem is that as the atoms get further and further apart from each other the less and less energy there will be in the universe. eventually everything will get colder and colder until there is no energy left in the universe at all. the distance between each individual atom will be almost infinite. Its a very bleak future

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by tkwasny

So,in other words,this big bang theory is a bunch of crap.

edit on 3-12-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
the problem is that as the atoms get further and further apart from each other the less and less energy there will be in the universe. eventually everything will get colder and colder until there is no energy left in the universe at all. the distance between each individual atom will be almost infinite. Its a very bleak future

Was there no beginning and no end?
If all the atoms separate ,there is no energy left for light or anything,the existence of the known universe is basically gone.All but a bunch of atoms floating around till they may start coming together again.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
reply to post by tkwasny

So,in other words,this big bang theory is a bunch of crap.

edit on 3-12-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

It's a theory that is not wholistic where the individual characteristics of the 3 realms of time and the 3 dimensions of space are not interwoven, which I am certain that they are. This is why I have the alternative beliefs that I do have.

But most important, what is also interwoven is WHY space, WHY time, WHY any contents of spacetime, if because of the presence of an omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscence being the Source supposedly is complete in Itself. (Has nothing to do with religion which is the huge secret)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I think due to law of entropy everything eventually decays and falls apart, slows down and stops. Order turns chaos and not the other way around.

Apparently theres just not enough mass in the universe to stop its expansion so the gaps in between all the atoms will just keep getting larger. The other part of this theory is that the universe is flat and not curved so the expansion will go on forever. A lot of people were hoping that the universe was curved and eventually if you went in one direction for long enough you would end up where you started.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by tkwasny

I am very interested in your alternative theories on this.
But,please forgive me if I sometimes don't understand your words,as I am but just common folk.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join