It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

84-year-old grandmother says she was strip searched at JFK by TSA

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Interesting to note... the source does not show a picture of this women who was searched. After seeing her picture in another article, I can understand why a publication would choose not to show you her face.

Below you will find a link to NY Daily News which is also reporting on this story. However, they have a picture of the victim. Please click the link and take a good hard long look at her picture. Then, if possible, I would like someone (anyone) to explain to me like I was a 5 year old how strip searching this women is justified.

I was disgusted before... now I am infuriated.

NY Daily News article.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
When will the TSA stop hiring power hungry idiots? "Oh, an old lady, Johny go take her clothes off, don't worry about the guy carrying the AK47, this eighty something year old women is a bigger threat than him." I bet she wouldn't have been searched if she was a politician, cop, or in any way capable of fighting back. This is very sad indeed.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Can the public view the taped event?
If not why not?
This story needs to go viral.
This practice is unacceptable and immoral.

Much Peace...

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Well, what can I say anymore that hasn't already been said a thousand times ya know?

It is becoming painfully clear to me that we are going to keep getting pushed and forced to ever more humiliating and rediculous violations of our human and civil rights until we finally give in and fight back.
If that sounds like an oxymoron to you, it does to me too.

We are being pushed and pushed people.
But no one seems to really care that much until it happens to them and then they piss and moan and file lawsuits.
But where were they before THEY got strip searched?
Where were they before THEIR 6 month old got arrested for sex trafficking????

No one gives a crap until it reaches their front door and by then it is too late.
Just like back in NAZI Germany.
The more things change the more they stay the same.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Here is a picture of the frail elderly woman, all I can say is that I hope her family steps up and champions this cause for her.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frogs
A couple of things from the article linked in the OP that struck me.

1. They reviewed the screening.
2. The screening wasn't recorded.

How did they review the screening if it wasn't recorded? Sounds like they are lying about one or the other. How can your review something on tv if it wasn't recorded.

Also, "proper procedures were followed". We hear this line a lot.

Well...it sounds like the public part was recorded, but the private part wasn't. Either way, we will never get to see even the public part I bet.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Our people in charge have fallen off the train and now have brain damage. S&F. I don't normally reply to conspiracy and pointing fingers to our leaders. We have been led down the path to slaughter. 1984 is here.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

I know and am sorry. Just wanted to say even though she looks so vulnerable, it is hard to imagine what post traumatic problems she will suffer as she came from a different day and age where America was the greatest Nation and we protected and defended our people, women and children first?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Yeah...she was only a little over 100 pounds. Very little and frail.
She has an internal defibrillator. So she is prone to SUDDEN CARDIAC ARREST.
She was on blood thinning medication.

Random extra screening my ass.

And Amanda...I totally agree with you. We do need to put pressure on the airlines. I was just letting the conspiracy theorist part of me come out earlier saying if we made the airlines complain about TSA then they could just take them over.

Then again...there really are one or 2 elected members of the government who aren't fully corrupt yet, so putting pressure on them too enough to scare them into the fear of not getting re-elected isn't a bad idea either.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

This woman needed to be searched?!?!?
Good Lord, next they will be searching infan...never mind.

EO11003 doesn't require the government to buy the airlines, they just take it over. In fact, they don't even have to compensate the airline, ever.
edit on 4-12-2011 by gamesmaster63 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-12-2011 by gamesmaster63 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Let's see. Shocking story with conflicting evidence. Who to believe, 84 year old woman or the TSA? Wow, that's such a tough one...

May the TSA be publicly dismembered. Well, the people in charge anyway.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by gamesmaster63
reply to post by Amanda5

EO11003 doesn't require the government to buy the airlines, they just take it over. In fact, they don't even have to compensate the airline, ever.

Yeah....I had just initially said they had bought them several times over already because of all of the bailouts they have given them over the years.

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
Let's see. Shocking story with conflicting evidence. Who to believe, 84 year old woman or the TSA? Wow, that's such a tough one...

I know who my money's on...and she doesn't go by initials....

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

Well I feel sorry for her, but those are the laws.

Second.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by EspyderMan
reply to post by webpirate

Well I feel sorry for her, but those are the laws.

Second.

Wow!!

NO where in the laws I have ever seen have I found anything to support harassing and strip searching grandmothers who are wheelchair bound with bad hearts who are only trying to make a plane flight.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Here is the video testimony from her...

I have no words to describe how I feel about this incident. Disgustingly cold blooded reptilians come to mind though.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

The biggest thing that strikes me about this is what does she have to gain for lying about it. But what does TSA have to lose?
Watching the video she seems perfectly mentally competent. She isn't just a senile old lady who should just be ignored. Or prone to making things up.
Also...pause the video at the 00:36 seconds mark. I know she is on blood thinners and prone to easy bruising and bleeding, but look at her right arm. She never mentions it in the video, but it looks to me like she has a circular bruise on her right forearm. Like she was grabbed there......

edit on 4-12-2011 by webpirate because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Now..... I'm not saying TSA did this, but I would like to know where this came from. Yes she is on blood thinners and bruises easily. But elderly people who have been on blood thinners for a while develop very fragile skin. Hitting it on anything hard will actually tear the skin. Not bruise it.

And circular bruises especially on the arms usually mean only 1 thing.....you were grabbed there by someone.

I just would like to know more of how she got this bruise. I tried to circle the main bruise and another one slightly about it...like it was multiple fingers. It isn't a shadow...its a bruise. I left the time in so people can review the tape themselves.

edit on 4-12-2011 by webpirate because: formatting

top topics

<< 1   >>

join