It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mblah's version of Shepard's Pie...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I made this the other day on a whim because I had some beef stew left over and I didn't want it to go to waste so I made a type of Shepards Pie a la Mblah!

Mblah's Shepard's Pie!

Ingredients

Beef Stew, the thick and chunky kind (enough to fill a 9inch pie plate. Sorry don't know the amount I had frozen the leftovers and well I didn't measure it! It was enough for a pie though or 4 servings. I was going to just make the stew but decided to do something different!

1 cup green beans cooked
8 small red potatoes, mashed (or a box of instant)
1/2 cup of cheddar cheese blend
1 cup French Fried Onions

Directions
Heat stew on stove top and add green beans. Cook til heated, about 10mins.
Cook potatoes. I made my own mashed taters with red potatoes, garlic, cheese, sour cream and some milk.

Next take a 9inch pie plate or you can use a square pan, whichever you have, and spread the stew on the bottom of the pan. Next spread the potatoes on top, sprinkle with the cheese then french fried onions. Bake at 350F for 20mins or until golden brown.

So this was my version of Shepard's Pie....I made the stew myself and just used what was left to make this. It came out great too!!

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

MMMM...

Looks awesome...

save me a piece!

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

You seem to have a lot of good recipes. No wonder your man was so quick to get a ring on to your finger!

Sounds like he'll be well fed.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by VariableConstant

You seem to have a lot of good recipes.

Thanks! I like to make things that can have multiple meals made from them and now I have a new one added to my recipe box.

No wonder your man was so quick to get a ring on to your finger!

Sounds like he'll be well fed.

HAHA awesome! Yea he will!

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Once I have replied enough times, I will post my Thanksgiving Turkey leftover stirfry. My daughter can't get enough of the stuff. I have to make so much of it, there's very little turkey left over for other recipes. It may not look the greatest, but dayyum does it taste very good. (I personally like to add tons of corn for crunch to mine.) To me it looks like a messed up sheppard's pie. (My favorite dish.)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by happyhomemaker29

Once I have replied enough times, I will post my Thanksgiving Turkey leftover stirfry. My daughter can't get enough of the stuff. I have to make so much of it, there's very little turkey left over for other recipes. It may not look the greatest, but dayyum does it taste very good. (I personally like to add tons of corn for crunch to mine.) To me it looks like a messed up sheppard's pie. (My favorite dish.)

Oh who cares how it looks, it is how it tastes! This dish looks like it wouldn't be so good but damn was it yummy! i even had some bread I had made that I scooped it up with. Mmmm

You so have to post it! I love trying new recipes
sounds like something I'd devour

top topics

join