It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA is at it again: Florida teen detained by TSA for design on her purse

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
News article: Florida teen detained by TSA for design on her purse

"She was like, 'This is a federal offense because it's in the shape of a gun,'" Gibbs said. "I'm like, 'But it's a design on a purse. How is it a federal offense?'"

Read the article. Unbelievable.

This is getting seriously ridiculous. Exactly what do these TSA apes think is going to happen? This girl is probably on a terrorist watch list now.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I wonder how many Moron TSA agents it took to find out it's just a design...

Next time I travel Im wearing a gun shaped belt buckle... just to piss em' off.
edit on 3-12-2011 by ConspiraCity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

IAW the second amendment:

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

You know things are going terribly wrong when

THE KID CAN'T EVEN HAVE A LOGO OF A FIREARM !
edit on 3-12-2011 by Glargod because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glargod

IAW the second amendment:

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

You know things are going terribly wrong when

THE KID CAN'T EVEN HAVE A LOGO OF A FIREARM !
edit on 3-12-2011 by Glargod because: (no reason given)

Exactly. What's next? Prison for eating a Bomb Pop near a federal building?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I am so utterly embarrassed to be an American today. 10 years ago if you would have told me that I would be ashamed of my country, I would have laughed. This country has become nothing more than a joke. Unfortunately, it is a rich joke with a huge military to back up its evil and insane plans.

One thing that strikes me as surreal is that you can go read the messages from people on the news sites and it's clear that the overwhelming majority of people are against the TSA, like 95% or more, yet the TSA continues to operate. This tells me in no uncertain terms that the government is completely out of touch and does not care one whit for the American people.

As an aside- How many 10's of millions has Michael Chertoff made from his rollout of the x-ray scanners? If Chertoff were really concerned about the people, he would donate every dime to charity. Chertoff is a criminal, he has conspired to violate the civil rights of every American for his own personal gain.

As someone else said- Authority without accountability. That is a very dangerous thing.

We will take our country back eventually.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Something that gets me every time I hear a story like this. I once went through an airport with a non working replica of a military assault rifle in my duffle bag. It looked very real.

I told them it was in there and not real, they ran it through a scanner and said it was fine and I was on my way....

So why on earth is a design on a purse a problem? No one is going to look at that purse and think, oh no she has a gun! But if I had taken that replica assault rifle out, people would have thought they were going to die.

I don't get it. TSA is just the biggest bunch of idiots.

Re-privatize airport security!
edit on 3-12-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I understand the need for TSA. Too bad they are idiots.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
I understand the need for TSA. Too bad they are idiots.

There is no need for TSA. It's like saying "we need tougher gun laws" because nobody enforces the ones we have (although the ones we have are all unconstitutional).

Don't think for a minute that all those alleged terrorists got on those planes because security wasn't extra frosty that day. It wasn't then and it isn't now. It's just more oppressive now but just as slack, unless you consider the sleuthing going on in this article. They are harassing people because that is the agenda - more control over the domestic population. It has nothing to do with "terrorism".

edit on 3-12-2011 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I think I saw this posted in a different thread, sorry I can't find the link.

Hopefully I'm wrong so your thread can stay open. This is nuts!

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truth4Thought
I think I saw this posted in a different thread, sorry I can't find the link.

Hopefully I'm wrong so your thread can stay open. This is nuts!

Did a search, couldn't find it.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

There is no need for TSA. It's like saying "we need tougher gun laws" because nobody enforces the ones we have (although the ones we have are all unconstitutional).

In my opinion, this is not the same. Airports are private organizations and if they dont want you taking weapons on to their flights, then that is it. I wouldn't allow you to bring a gun into my home.

However, TSA goes way too far with their shenanigans.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

In my opinion, this is not the same. Airports are private organizations and if they dont want you taking weapons on to their flights, then that is it. I wouldn't allow you to bring a gun into my home.

However, TSA goes way too far with their shenanigans.

Right. You couldn't take weapons onto their planes before TSA, either. But then again, back then nail clippers and shampoo weren't "weapons", were they?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Right. You couldn't take weapons onto their planes before TSA, either. But then again, back then nail clippers and shampoo weren't "weapons", were they?

Right, but I suppose I cant tell people how to run their business.

I do hate TSA, I really do. But, I guess we are quite literally at the mercy of them when we fly(or ride a train, in the future).

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

This makes me want to hang my head and cry. Are we really this lost? If you had told me in the 1980s this would happen. . . I wouldn't have believed it. We were the righteous face of freedom in a dark world. At least that is what I believed as a kid. I guess age and opression bring disillusionment.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Has this story been confirmed by any reputable news source?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Viral - Viral - Viral.

This article and those in the same genre need to go viral.
Use the internet to its best advantage.
Let people see what is happening.
Bombard the populous with what is happening before its too late.

Much Peace...

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeichelberg
Has this story been confirmed by any reputable news source?

Well, you have This Story on CNN and This One from the original source - News 4 in Jacksonville. Then there's the MSNBC coverage. Shall I go on?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

thank you. appreciate the links.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
This is ridiculous!

I'm reading through one thread after another of government abuse. Everything from the FED, to police abuse(multiple threads), to TSA abuse (multiple threads).

I cannot believe how frequently this crap is happening. Every single day, government employees show they have no business being given the responsibility they are empowered with.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
This seems to be the Government's way to ensure that we remain unarmed before they act on their Ultimate Plan. I mean come on, Replica gun?...Seriously?...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join