It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your personal stance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
really not sure where this belgons so please move if appropriate
I've become quite annoyed with many here on ATS, as im sure many have become quite annoyed with people like me. I wish to seek an understanding between the inherent seperation of "pictures or it didn't happen"(i realize this phrase is used often as a joke on here) mentality and the "I know that i know this something, but not by modern scientific standard" mentality. The latter mentality is harder for me to paraphrase.

What i want to know from you guys and gals has to do with why some people want to base all their ideas and beleifs on "fact" and some people want to base all their ideas and beliefs on "imagination, creativity, and previous and present moment experience."

Im not going to state in this post my personal stance, but if someone replies, asking me to tell them, i will than state which one of these i tend to lean towards.

back to the point, i want to know why YOU PERSONALLY choose to subscribe to either of the afformentioned schools of thought or anything relatively close, or if you think a different way let me know as well.

i just chose what i thought to be 2 of the most obvious archetyps here on ATS as an anolougue for the question.

Lemme know

edit on 12/3/2011 by facewhatly because: ;

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by facewhatly

I do not belong to either of those schools. I come here to get new ideas. I come because others ask questions. I am the best fence sitter ever. I dont think anyone blindly falls into either of these. I think most are a combination of believer and skeptic. Most of us are comfortable with what we feel we "know" and just seek comfirmation or support for those ideas. Honestly though I have never had my mind changed by anything I've read here but I have gotten information that helped me ask the right questions in other places and that has advanced my knowledge.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I am kind of like Karen above in that I wrestle between reason and logic ...I don't need a picture except a mental one ..sometimes a good question posed by a member can give me the picture I need in my mind to help create a truthful perspective on a topic ...I doubt that explanation will help you much ,but you never know ...peace

join