It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Galactic Empire's Article Thirteen -Martial Law.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Star Wars Imperialism is alot like American Imperialism.

Text Article Thirteen – Martial Law Should severe problems be caused on a planet, in a system or sector, Martial Law may be declared by the sector Moff/Grand Moff, or the Emperor. Martial law allows the military to take over law enforcement, along with the Imperial Security Bureau. During martial law, citizens may be arrested and held without trial, and sentients caught partaking in a criminal act are liable to be terminated upon sight. The Moff/Grand Moff may declare martial law over any of the planets/systems in his sector, should he see fit. A sector-wide martial law may be put into place, should the need arise. Martial law within the Moff/Grand Moff’s sector may be declared for any reason. The Emperor may declare martial law over any planet within the Empire, for any reason. An Galaxy-wide martial law may be declared, should the Imperial Government feel it to be necessary.

Article Fourteen – Maintenance of Imperial Law The Galactic Empire reserves the right to alter, add, remove and otherwise edit these laws as it sees fit. Notice may not be given.

I was just reading through the laws and rules of the New Order. I was surprised at the parallels between the Galactic Empire and The United States Government.Im sure the similarities are intentional,its some very effective satire.
Article Twelve-Planetary Security Procedures is pretty funny. Maybe the 'Patriot Act' is a prelude to the Galactic Empires 'Article Twelve'.

This is part of Article Twelve-

Text Once landed, vessels and their contents will be searched and scanned. Crew and passengers will have their identity cards checked. In addition, the ship's captain must provide the relevant datawork; Imperial authorities may also take biometric data, such as retinal scans, handprints, DNA samples or voice samples to further verify the identity of passengers and crew. All collected data will be be cross referenced with various databases to ensure that visitors are who they claim to be. All travellers must have a valid travel permit issued by the Imperial authorities - this must be obtained before travelling. Should there be any causes for concern or possible problems, the person(s) in question will be detained and interrogated by customs officials and/or the Imperial Security Bureau.

Galactic Empire Imperial Law is alot like the way the Imperial United States Empire rules. We need to form a Political Rebel Alliance. I would support Luke Skywalker in the 2012 elections for sure

www.galactic-empire.org...

Worth a read. Pretty funny.

edit on 3-12-2011 by theovermensch because: typo

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
EDIT> Nevermind....is a game right???
edit on 3-12-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Best satire since Animal Farm...youre missing out

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by theovermensch

I'm assuming Article Twelve had not yet been implemented when Han Solo et al were able to hide in the smuggler's cargo hold and steal some Stormtrooper uniforms?

"TK421, why aren't you at your post? TK421, do you have DNA samples of the passengers yet?"

Seriously, though - Skywalker 2012. I'm with you. Something needs to be done before the Empire blows up Alderaan and declares Galaxy-wide martial law.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Don't forget about Dooku's secret Drone Army either, aka Obama's private drone wars.

top topics

join