It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for those of you worried about a war on Christmas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Would you feel better about it if stores just told employees to wish people whatever they like? If a store allowed me to wish customers a blessed Yule, and a Christian could still wish people a merry Christmas, and an Atheist could still wish people happy holidays, would that please you, or would you still be upset that Christmas wasn't on everyone's tongue?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I'd be happy if stores told employees to provide prompt, courteous, knowledgeable service and kept the hollow, insincere platitudes to themselves.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
The above post is awesome, I wish I could star it thrice.
edit on 2-12-2011 by DrunkNinja because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Nice thought OP..

other than the fact that 99% of people would

rather be offended by idle chit-chat, passing the time of day, saying allo.

I could care less if someone says happy holidays or whatever ramadan, or happy hannukah

Get over yourselves.

If somebody says Happy Holidays to me,

I just reply with Merry Christmas and walk on.

I DON"T CARE WHAT YOU THINK

Most ignorant people I've ever seen are the ones convinced their right and the rest of the world is wrong.

Star and flag OP, everybody else needs to realize that everybody else has their own opinion.

Hitlers...

(Reductio ad Hitlerum) lmao

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Then you're not exactly who I addressed this thread to, are you? Of course, you're free to have your opinion- too bad it was an irrelevant one.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by cetaphobic
Would you feel better about it if stores just told employees to wish people whatever they like? If a store allowed me to wish customers a blessed Yule, and a Christian could still wish people a merry Christmas, and an Atheist could still wish people happy holidays, would that please you, or would you still be upset that Christmas wasn't on everyone's tongue?

Probably still be upset. It's not a war on Christmas that people are really worried about. It's a war on culture. Like it or not, Christmas was and has been part of American culture for a very long time. But everything that defines American culture is being slowly unraveled and demonized. We're committing cultural suicide. And I think that's really what pisses people off.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by LeftySinister

So only your culture is the one that should be in the public eye?

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by cetaphobic

So before wishing someone a "happy holiday" or which ever phrase is preferred they should ask? Seems to defeat the spontaneity of the greeting/goodbye...

It would bother me not in the slightest if one says happy holiday, merry Christmas, or any other of the myriad phrases around.

They do, after all, celebrate virtually the same thing.

top topics

join