It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Wanna See a BIG Shark.....?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
You wanna see a BIG shark........??

This was a small boat with a few guys out fishing off the North Carolina Coast (25 miles of Wrightsville Beach?)

www.boreme.com...

I think this is quite a big one (white or Bull or other...I don't know?......help, ideas....)

It circled for 20 mins !!!!!

A little unnerving even if you are in a boat......

regards

PDUK

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
This is the biggest I have seen on film.
Heard rumours of monsters tho, some people say great whites can get to 50ft; now that’s a conspiracy worthy of 'Nellie' stature because its never been filmed or properly caught. The ocean is a big, deep and barely unexplored place.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Double post

edit on 2-12-2011 by WakeUpRiseUp because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK

I think this is quite a big one (white or Bull or other...I don't know?......help, ideas....)

Oh wow !

MAn, who cares what kind of shark, he won't be racist if you jump into the water. I saw a shark when I was surfing in South America years ago. Next thing....I was running between the waters faster than my Lord Jesus until I reached dry land.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Almost certain that's a great white (bull sharks have a squarer snout and tigers have noticeable stripes). I, of course, know this from my endless hours watching Animal Planet and National Geographic! Whatever kind it is it's a bloody big shark! I didn't think you guys got great whites up that far though, I thought they stayed around the southern oceans of Australia and South Africa

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by sunshinesmile

Great white for sure

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
That's a mighty big fishy

I would be at least nervous.

Great whites, and other big sharks are migrating further than ever before, hotter weather?

BBC sharks in uk waters -

More reports of sharks in UK waters

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Don't know what sort of shark it was but i do know that it was just waiting for them to hook a fish so it could steal the catch. sneaky bugger.
maybe a grey nurse or possibly a bull shark, the size is right for either but the black 'tips' on the dorsal and tail fins don't fit with a grey nurse so it is probably a bull. the only other shark i can think of with those colourations is a black tipped reef shark but they don't get that big.

A quick net search would answer it..

NOTE: i havent read through other post's so sorry if this has already been said or if it's been answered already.

ADD: my bad, there were no black tips, it was the lighting.

After a bit of research i'm pretty sure it's not a great white, the tail fin is all wrong and the tail tapers too much.
It's not a grey nurse as they have a large secondary dorsal fin about 2/3 the size of the main dorsal.
But it does look alot like a bull shark. Hard to tell without seeing more of it clearly.

edit on 2-12-2011 by Raivan31 because: No Black tips

edit on 2-12-2011 by Raivan31 because: Actually done some research for a change lol

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

What a beautiful animal, time to through the cage in the water
and go for a swim.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I wish I could have a better idea of the size of the boat they're on. That's really interesting and had to be a little unnerving. Can't sharks lunge out of the water at a person on a boat?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
At around two minutes into the video you can see the pectoral fin is tagged.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

They need a bigger boat

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
What has been madified from the Fukushima radiation effects and GOM whatever happened there effects from oil and oil cleaners. There may be things growing in the seas unimaginable. the food chain even if the shark isnt effected its food may have been this goes for all the sea life that have adapted. Nice vid

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848

Good Spot JBA

I didn't see that before but there would appear to be a tag or marker on his right fin.....

It looks more like a Great White now that I look at it again and Quite a biggy too....

PDUK

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TriggerFish

What a beautiful animal, time to through the cage in the water
and go for a swim.

More you than me !!

Your 'Name' makes me laugh.......... My ex-girlfriend in the Maldives was actually attacked by a Titan Trigger Fish and it was really going for her.....!!!!!

When i batted it with my fins it then went after me repeatedly......... seriously aggressive fish !!

PDUK

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soapusmaximus
That's a mighty big fishy

I would be at least nervous.

Great whites, and other big sharks are migrating further than ever before, hotter weather?

BBC sharks in uk waters -

More reports of sharks in UK waters

This film clipwas from waters off North Carolina, USA............ i'm not sure (i haven't check Maps yet) but Great Whites can easily exsist in cold waters as well as warmer climes I am reliably informed....... hence the speculation for sightings in the UK................. which as a UK surfer i beleieve !!!

There was a recent confirmed sighting of an Atlantic White Tip, a cousin of the Great White in the Bristol Channel recently !!

PDUK

PDUK

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848

Hi JBA

I watched this again and I don't think the fin is tagged, i think that is a smaller fish (one of those that hangs on) following this shark.......

PDUK

new topics

top topics

join