It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iceland Arrests Former CEO Of Failed Bank

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Iceland Arrests Former CEO Of Failed Bank

www.businessinsider.com

Iceland's special prosecutor has taken Larus Welding, the former head of the failed Glitnir Bank, into custody, Reuters reports.

Glitnir Bank was the first of the top three Icelandic commercial banks to fail in 2008.

Former director of market trade Jóhannes Baldursson and former broker Ingi Rafn Júlíusson were also taken into custody and between ten and twenty other former employees of Glitnir Bank were also investigated.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.reuters.com
www.icelandreview.com...
e dit on 2-12-2011 by Gab1159 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Sorry if this has been posted, I searched for it and did not find it. I'm actually quite surprised it's not here...

So Iceland arrests the CEO of one of the top 3 local bank, with a bunch of other bankers.

This could be big news...

What's more is that for those who've been following Ben Fulford, Poofness and the likes, they said behind the door arrests were started a couple of weeks ago, and that soon we would be seeing public arrests. Could this be the first arrest?

Could it be that this is the first domino to fall?

What do you think? I see more arrests happening in the near future...

www.businessinsider.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

EDIT: FROM RT

"Special prosecutor Olafur Hauksson said his office had made several arrests on Wednesday -- the first for activities related to Glitnir. He told local media that former CEO Larus Welding would be held in custody for up to one week."

First activities related to Glitnir...which means probably more arrestations...
edit on 2-12-2011 by Gab1159 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Now if only they would start arresting banksters here in the United States!!!!

Goooooo Iceland!

You can see how much big money has bought out our system. Many arrests in the saving and loans scandal... none now in one that makes S&L look like small potatoes...

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Since there is an overpopulation of prisons in the US, there are quite a few FEMA camps awaiting the rest of the criminal bankers in the US.

Ship 'em off, no trial, no lawyers. Just a big orange jump suit with "I am a criminal. I stole your money, houses and freedoms" on the back.

Peace

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Right on!

Wouldn't it be funny...building your own cage!

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Iceland is just doing everything right these days, isn't it? The only country to stand up to the international bankers...and it's economy has already rebounded more smartly than any nation subjected to the indignity of "austerity." That's right folks, just say no to bankster bailouts and your economy will be back on its feet and humming not in years but in mere months!

Check it:

Iceland’s Recovery Proves Fallacy of Economic Austerity

Key lesson from Iceland crisis is 'let banks fail': analysts

Go Iceland!

edit on 12/2/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Maybe bankers in the US could be labeled enemy combatants under the Defense Authorization bill. Then they could be captured wherever in the world they are and held indefinitely. I'm sure these guys have more than a week's worth of groceries in the house. Maybe some enhanced interrogation techniques could be applied.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Bravo to Iceland! Personally I'd like to see here in the USA automatic prison sentences for any elected official who's Country, State. County or Parish, City, that goes bankrupt while they're in office. Sentence equal to the amount of time in office. With that over their heads do ya think they might be "encouraged" to be financially responsible?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Iceland was in the fortunate position where failing banks were not such a problem - Icelandic banks were relatively small, and there were plenty of other banks to take up the slack.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
I

I know this is off topic, but WOW! IMHO that is the must beautiful woman I have ever seen! Word cannot express how beautiful she is...lol.

Go Iceland!!

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Best news I have heard on Ats for a while

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

I

I know this is off topic, but WOW! IMHO that is the must beautiful woman I have ever seen! Word cannot express how beautiful she is...lol.

Go Iceland!!

Her eyes are amazing O.o. She looks like some sort of character out of a fantasy novel or film. Note to self: never visit Iceland with my husband. He'll never come back

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Power to the people!
It is extremely refreshing to see a united people pursue justice against those who helped orchestrate this intended 'financial collapse.' This is a step in the right direction. Cheers to the people of Iceland!

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
Iceland was in the fortunate position where failing banks were not such a problem - Icelandic banks were relatively small, and there were plenty of other banks to take up the slack.

Really? Did you read the article? I think not.

The North Atlantic island saw its three biggest banks go belly-up in the October 2008 as its overstretched financial sector collapsed under the weight of the global crisis sparked by the crash of US investment giant Lehman Brothers.

The banks became insolvent within a matter of weeks and Reykjavik was forced to let them fail and seek a $2.25 billion bailout from the International Monetary Fund.

Iceland's banking sector had assets worth 11 times the country's total gross domestic product (GDP) at their peak.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
All I can say is I hope these people have an appointment with a mildly active Icelandic volcano soon.

ETA And yes, green eyes are very attractive.
I have no idea why, perhaps it is because it is not so common in humans?
edit on 2/12/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Oh...

And for those wishing it would happen here in North America, here's an article that came out virtually at the same time: Mass. AG hits big banks with foreclosure lawsuit

Here's a snip:

The Massachusetts attorney general has filed a lawsuit against five large U.S. banks accusing them of deceptive foreclosure practices, a signal of ebbing confidence that a multi-state agreement can be worked out. (...) The Massachusetts lawsuit, filed in state court in Boston, accuses Bank of America Corp, JPMorgan Chase & Co Inc, Citigroup Inc, Wells Fargo & Co and GMAC of deceptive foreclosure practices, such as using robo-signers and false documents.

So here it is, all going public the same day. I really hope both these events bring us somewhere...
edit on 2-12-2011 by Gab1159 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
pff - so what:
www.notnever.com...

different story - same #!!!

*edit* *OT* what are the rules for images to show up directly and not as a link

edit on 2-12-2011 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Iceland is just doing everything right these days, isn't it? The only country to stand up to the international bankers...and it's economy has already rebounded more smartly than any nation subjected to the indignity of "austerity." That's right folks, just say no to bankster bailouts and your economy will be back on its feet and humming not in years but in mere months!

keynsian approach working, well I never, I'm so shocked.........NOT!

Dream on US citizens John Maynard Keynes is far far far too left wing for anybody in the US to consider his economic methods.

Just watch the replies to my post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

join