It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A new website where everyone shares in its profits.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
There was a thread somewhat recently that talked about creating a worldwide business where the people shared in the profits. However, I can't seem to find that topic again even after checking my history files. So here's an idea for a business that could help get started a much larger one.

So has everyone seen the new youtube layout today? Quite a few videos I watched on there today all had hundreds of comments of people complaining about it. How they wanted bug fixes, and not a new look.

Well, if that many people are truly that upset about it how about some of the more knowledgeable folks with computers create a new youtube like website. One that is truly, for each and every one of us to share.

Here's the very rough plan:

-For every new person who creates an account gets them a small share of the company.
(this I think will be the hard part to make as far as security to prevent people abusing it, if even possible)

-An automatic system should be set up which takes the ad revenue money it generates to pay for the work to keep the website up, and any extra to be spread throughout the community. By work, I mean to take care of the people who helped created it, pay for it's worldwide hosting of multiple servers, and things of that nature.

-Like youtube, when a person receives over 50,000 subscribers, they will get an offer. This offer would be for a career within the company. To work in a nearby place to continue doing what they love to do, but with all professional equipment and many other friendly people who got there the same way to help you get even better!

-I'm not sure about the like and dislike way youtube rates videos, but I'm sure we could come up with something. My idea for this is for whatever system, something could combine a persons views and ratings which would put them up higher on a list to get first grabs of extra profit that is generated from the company.

(let me clear that up some more: Let's say this month the company generated a ton of extra profit. X amount would go to a percentage of the higher rated/liked/more subscribed to people, then x amount to another section, and so on and so on until just the people who have no videos would get the last small bit)

Keep in mind these are still very rough ideas. Could use much improvement.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Always areas on the net to make money but it looks like Sopa Pipa will soon be tapping into every aspect to get its "fair share," especially if BO has anything to do with it. Youtube probably changed its infrastructure becasue of pressure from atty/doj/tptb. Also now we as have Dodd as a lobbyist for the motion pic assn or I think he is chairman....cronicapitalism wiring into the net. .....TPTB how do I tap that circle?

On another note .....T & C - this must not be the greeneyed mod area of policing or you have a long time assn here.....because I think this thread is against the terms and conditions. I see infractions every 10 mins...I got dinged following the lead of "long timers or should I say founding members" as was dinged 1000 points. Which I have yet to learn why should I care about points.

Anyway - thinking like an entrepreneur is the only way to truly gain control of your existence and income.....and of course an address off the sands of the Caymans will work well if you have a really successful run.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
To the poster above, you say this thread violates T&S?! An idea doesn't break rules, sorry.

I AM NOT RECRUITING FOR ANYTHING. THIS IS FROM LAST YEAR! MY GOD!

Please re-read my original post. I clearly tell you that I have NO skills to even make this. It is an IDEA. Wow.

Also, I did not mean making the website, I meant the idea.

Why am I being attacked all of a sudden
edit on 4/12/2012 by digitalbluco because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
After staff dicussion, this thread is re-opened!
edit on April 12th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: greeneyedleo

I know this is 3 years old, but my own reply gets under my skin.

I just wanted to apologize for the way I was acting back then.

top topics

join