It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy why happening now!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Dear Abby, I admire the fact that a generation has stood up for something. I just don't understand what the "Occuppy movement " is. I think it is the right to protest, is what the protest is about. It seems to me that the movement is over and has not really accomplished anything politicly. Am I misinformed. Signed, confused in ATS land.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Certainly has something to do with this:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Occupy movement is upset that several large banks and the IMF run our government. Our policy makers are bought and sold by the richest 1%. There is blatant corruption within our banks and congress, to the point where most of us KNOW it doesn't matter who is elected president at this point. The same people will still be pulling the strings behind the scenes

Maybe that doesn't bother you at all, but to a lot of us it's unacceptable and defies what America was built to be

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Wether it is The Tea Party or OWS we always achieve something when we take an interest in politics. The ratings in the GOP debates is evidence that more and more people are taking an interest. I dont think any movement can take too much credit,I think it is a credit to individuals that they are becoming aware that they can have a say in how government works. More and more are becoming aware of the importance of their vote. And people are becoming aware that government does affect their lives. We are becoming aware that we can raise issues and we can make ourselves heard,

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TylerDurden2U
Dear Abby, I admire the fact that a generation has stood up for something. I just don't understand what the "Occuppy movement " is. I think it is the right to protest, is what the protest is about. It seems to me that the movement is over and has not really accomplished anything politicly. Am I misinformed. Signed, confused in ATS land.

Dear TylerDurden2U,

Lets see, the vast majority of people in the Occupation movement want to end the Federal Reserve and they also want to put an end to business interests controlling the government. I know that you can understand that. These are things that the Tea Party also believes in. Within these two movements we have people who are dissatisfied with the way that the country was sold down the river. The Occupy movement has people with many complaints and only some are commonly held, yet, the ones you hear on television are only the people who are not in general agreement with everyone, their voices still deserve to be heard.

Hope that helps.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

Yes it does. The political representitive for that theology is Ron Paul.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
A couple of links/vids that ought to paint a clear picture of what the people are fighting for.

edit on 1-12-2011 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TylerDurden2U

Dear TylerDurden2U,

While I may like Mr. Paul, the fact is that he is not these movements representative, he only represents those who voted for him. If Mr. Paul were elected President, he still could not make these changes on his own, this is not about Mr. Paul, this is about letting every elected official know that they are responsible for representing us all and that the vast majority are sick and tired of the corruption that leads to the abuses that we are seeing.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
See this thread and you'll find that it has helped promote justice to the defenseless:Cops Refuse To Evict 103 Year Old Woman: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Would this happen without the attention that Occupy has brought?

new topics

top topics

join