It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snake Dream Interpretation Needed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
No, this is not a prediction or a vision or anything that I would consider seeing into the future. This is just a disturbing dream that I have never had before, and I have dreamt nearly everything under the sun.

From what I remember...

I found my self in wide and deep river with the greenest mountains on the sides, but not necessarily a valley. I was with a woman and we were both stranded in the river, treading water and shaken up over some event. I vaguely recollect a small wooden boat sinking, but I can't be sure. The landscape was idyllic and extremely vivid like increasing a photos saturation and contrast.

I look away and see her floating on top of the water with something tangled around her feet. As I scan her body, I see it it is wrapped completely around her. First it looked like an intestine, then a tentacle, but then I realize it is a large snake that is constricting her to death, and successfully does so. The snake was black and had finger sized barbs on its back with yellow streaks on both sides. For some reason, in the dream, it almost reminded me of a rooster.

I drag her back to shore with the snake and all and by the time we actually reach the shore, the snake is gone. Perhaps I killed it. That part is also blurry. My friends find us and next thing I know I am in a small classroom with all of them, telling them what happened and just general conversation.

There are shapes on a desk that look like jewel or those plastic shapes kid shove into boxes to match the shape to hole. What they were made of is irrelevant I feel, because in the dream I knew they were the girls, who turned out to be my lover. The were the last thing anyone had of her, and they were merely shapes.

Anytime I looked at the shapes, I would start bawling and crying my eyes out uncontrollably. This happened at least 4 times. The weirdest part is that I was not myself in this dream, at least physically. I was a character from a very popular TV sitcom. My lover was the main character's lover and my friends their mutual characters from the show. Even with all the death and bizarre things in the dream I hesitate to tell you the name of the show, in fear of being ridiculed for taste and for being called crazy, but for me to get an accurate response from anyone, I must tell. It was Community. And this is all I remember.

Though I question every facet of the dream, my main questions are these, as they are the ones that I find the most striking:

1. What is the meaning of a snake constricting to death your lover?

2. Why was the snake not a real snake, reminding me of a rooster, but looking more like a dragon?

3. Why do I feel that the rooster and snake relationship is so essential?

4. Why were the last remnants of her / her life just shapes on a desk? Triangles, squares, circles...doesn't make sense to me.

5. Why was I dreaming as if my friends and I were characters from a sitcom? Nothing funny happened at all.

For the record and for context, no, I am not mentally insane. Sure I have issues, but none that are more crazy than your average Joe or Jane. I am not in a relationship, and nobody has died recently in my life. I also do not have a fear of snakes.

If it is a dream about losing a loved one who is not a lover, why then is it not my standard "walking through an abandoned city / house / town looking for my lover" kind of dream.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

To dream of a python should be treated as a warning for imminent danger, wrongdoing, and overt sexuality. Then again, it may also symbolize your willpower. To see a python suffocate and kill its prey is a metaphor for feeling emotionally choked over stressful situations and worries in your waking life.

quote by google.
theres lots of dream interpretation sites with conflicting info. i think its best to just go get a coffee rather than try to contemplate dreams.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
um....
How can I say this....
um...
OK...without trying to make a joke here....honestly...
snake, rooster...
um...penis maybe?
Is she maybe having an affair...or is there maybe something you're not telling her?

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate
um....
How can I say this....
um...
OK...without trying to make a joke here....honestly...
snake, rooster...
um...penis maybe?
Is she maybe having an affair...or is there maybe something you're not telling her?

LOL! Cock! I get it, but I never put those two together.

She is not having an affair because there is no she, nor have I ever been married, and thank God because I am only 22.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimosa

To dream of a python should be treated as a warning for imminent danger, wrongdoing, and overt sexuality. Then again, it may also symbolize your willpower. To see a python suffocate and kill its prey is a metaphor for feeling emotionally choked over stressful situations and worries in your waking life.

quote by google.
theres lots of dream interpretation sites with conflicting info. i think its best to just go get a coffee rather than try to contemplate dreams.

That I can see. School is pretty rough at the moment, but usually under stress, I am alone and drowning in a dream, and not with someone in a situation where we are successfully treading water and where later they are killed by a snake.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
In dreams, the Rooster is considered a time-keeper and is a sign of time passing in our lives. Hearing a Rooster's voice in our dreams may indicate we need a wake-up call, and need to pay attention to some circumstances in our lives. Seeing a brilliantly plumed Rooster in our dreams indicates it is time to let others discover our true selves, and strut our stuff (show our talents) to others.

A summary of symbol meanings for the Rooster include:

Pride
Honesty
Watchfulness
Acceptance
Flamboyance

Rooster symbol meanings are all about fanning out with brilliance, and showing the world your shimmering facets of personality.

Is there something you wish to confess? hehe

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Samuelis
In dreams, the Rooster is considered a time-keeper and is a sign of time passing in our lives. Hearing a Rooster's voice in our dreams may indicate we need a wake-up call, and need to pay attention to some circumstances in our lives. Seeing a brilliantly plumed Rooster in our dreams indicates it is time to let others discover our true selves, and strut our stuff (show our talents) to others.

Pride
Honesty
Watchfulness
Acceptance
Flamboyance

Rooster symbol meanings are all about fanning out with brilliance, and showing the world your shimmering facets of personality.

Are you saying the snake with rooster qualities is a projection of my self?

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SubPop79

1. What is the meaning of a snake constricting to death your lover?

looks like webpirate was on the money....
snakes are a psychological interpretation of a phallic symbol..... it is a warning that you may
be a slave to either your sexual passions or repressions....
if you managed to kill or get rid of them, it is a sign that you will succeed in spite of any hostile opposition.

2. Why was the snake not a real snake, reminding me of a rooster, but looking more like a dragon?

a dragon signifies that you will get a tremendous boost in your financial success

they both signify financial success.
a rooster predicts financial success.

as for 4 and 5 i don't know. my dream books do not go there. I could not find anything under shapes, triangles, squares, or broken. I would guess that you also need to help HER, maybe she is in 'pieces' and you will help get her back together? sounds like you guys are very young, it takes forever to find yourself.
I'm still looking...

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Well my whole life i heard that snakes/serpents in dreams represent an enemy and that it's very good to kill a snake in a dream as it means u got rid of your enemy.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Samuelis

Pride
Honesty
Watchfulness
Acceptance
Flamboyance

Are you saying the snake with rooster qualities is a projection of my self?

Either that or you are subconciously considering coming out of the closet so to speak. I'm not 100% sure.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Either that or you are subconciously considering coming out of the closet so to speak. I'm not 100% sure.

LMAO. I hope you mean "so to speak," because I don't need to come out of any closets.
edit on 1-12-2011 by SubPop79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   

From what I remember...
I found my self in a wide and deep river with the greenest mountains on the sides, but not necessarily a valley. I was with a woman and we were both stranded in the river, treading water and shaken up over some event. I vaguely recollect a small wooden boat sinking, but I can't be sure. The landscape was idyllic and extremely vivid like increasing a photos saturation and contrast.

I'm looking away and see her floating on top of the water with something tangled around her feet. As I scan her body, I see it is wrapped completely around her. First it looked like an intestine, then a tentacle, but then I realize it is a large snake that is constricting her to death, and successfully does so. The snake was black and had finger sized barbs on its back with yellow streaks on both sides. For some reason, in the dream, it almost reminded me of a rooster.

I drag her back to shore with the snake and all and by the time we actually reach the shore, the snake is gone. Perhaps I killed it. That part is also blurry. My friends finds us and next the thing I know I am in a small classroom with all of them, telling them what happened and just a general conversation.

There are shapes on a desk that look like jewels or those plastic shapes kid shove into boxes to match the shape to a hole. What they were made of is irrelevant I feel, because in the dream I knew they were the girls, who turned out to be my lover. They were the last thing anyone had of her, and they were merely shapes.

Maybe I can help shine some light on this vision that you had. Interpretations from: EstimatedProphet!
Your dream begins with you in the midst of a river, surrounded by lush green mountains on both sides.
The mountains represent the natural physical earth and the river represents the spiritual river of life!
The woman in your dream is someone whom you shall meet very soon in your life and you will grow to love her very much!

Though you question every facet of the dream, your main questions are these, as they are the ones that you find the most striking:
1. What is the meaning of a snake constricting to death, your lover?
Death or Evil will consume that person, but at the end you shall save her life by preserving her, when you pulled her out of the river and the snake was no more!
If you pluck the feathers of a chicken, rooster, bird, etc and have it grow some scales you will have yourself a dinosaur of some sort, just food for thought!
Thus the serpent or snake resembles the Dragon, because in reality the snake is a Dragon/Dinosaur along with all the reptile creatures in the world, but because the serpent caused man to sin, the Lord God punished them to crawl on their belly's forever! (If the serpent have not caused man to sin, we would still be having upright walking dinosaurs amongst us today!)

What is written on the second question, should help answer this!
(Note: The Dragon also represents Lucifer/Satan/Devil or Demon!)
I warn you to please be careful with this person that you will meet and fall in love with because the Dragon/Satan might want to seek her life. defeat this Demon with the word of truth from God and Jesus Lord and Savior to save her soul from damnation! (Teach her the way's of the Lord!)

4. Why were the last remnants of her / her life just shapes on a desk? Triangles, squares, circles...doesn't make sense to me.
These are just bits of memories of her, that is why it was hurtful for you and you found yourself crying in the dream while looking down at these objects/memories!
5. Why was I dreaming as if my friends and I were characters from a sitcom? Nothing funny happened at all!
You imagined yourself including everyone else as a different character, because in reality we are all characters in this world who play a role in this strange life!
Everyone including animals have strange and crazy dreams, because in reality everyone in there sleep, their mind is still very active and they can even travel out of their bodies or see future or past events etc!

edit on 9-1-2012 by estimatedprophet because: ats error

top topics

join