It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A friend's experience with a "true" christian

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by CRDDD

Excuse me? My friend doesn't even come on this site.

my apologies..thought you were talking about someone else..

But ..that being said.. I have a friend who says that all non christians he knows constantly harass and try to intimidate christians for their beliefs..

edit on 1-12-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
reply to post by CRDDD

Excuse me? My friend doesn't even come on this site.

my apologies..thought you were talking about someone else..

But ..that being said.. I have a friend who says that all non christians he knows constantly harass and try to intimidate christians for their beliefs..

edit on 1-12-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

Plenty of christians harass others and try to shove their beliefs in other people's faces as well. It goes both ways.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

As for those of you who love this story because it is your chance to throw stones at the christians.. you are just as judgmental.. yet you think you have the right to point fingers at christians who judge..

Actually, yes they do feel they have that right. Because they aren't claiming the moral high ground that christians are. They also aren't trying to follow the bible, so being judgmental doesn't apply to the heathen.

This is why unbelievers pick up on christian hypocrisy so quickly. Because christians claim to have all the answers in their book written by God. It comes with the territory.

I'm not trying to blast you Gabby. Just trying to give some perspective.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified

As for those of you who love this story because it is your chance to throw stones at the christians.. you are just as judgmental.. yet you think you have the right to point fingers at christians who judge..

Actually, yes they do feel they have that right. Because they aren't claiming the moral high ground that christians are. They also aren't trying to follow the bible, so being judgmental doesn't apply to the heathen.

This is why unbelievers pick up on christian hypocrisy so quickly. Because christians claim to have all the answers in their book written by God. It comes with the territory.

I'm not trying to blast you Gabby. Just trying to give some perspective.

hate to break it to you..but the bible doesn't say don't judge.. it says don't judge lest you be judged..meaning don't judge someone , when you are just as guilty of the same.

So..if it was a non christian teacher who pulled that stunt, and gave whatever excuse for pulling the book..it would be ok then?

The non christians sure have all the bases covered..because they have no rules to adhere to..

I'm not sure I even believe the story in the Op anymore.. it would be typical for a non christian to make it up..just to throw rocks..

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Turkenstein

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by CRDDD

So called "true Christians" rarely understand their own Saviour...

I believe he said "Don't judge others"...

They usually seem to forget his words... or haven't you noticed?

you can discredit anyone if you look hard enough.

Its easy to discredit Christians that don't understand their own Saviour...

The ones that actually follow Jesus, and understand what he taught are quite hard to discredit...

And its impossible to discredit Jesus... As far as i've seen it can't be done, and i've studied his lessons extensively

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Oh yeah. If someone posts a story that shines a bad light on extreme christians, it MUST BE FAKE!!11

I was respecting you up until that point. Wake up and realize that not everything against your religion is fake or made up by an atheist with an evil agenda.

Oh, and "typical of a non christian"? You're calling EVERYONE that isn't a christian a liar. Blanket generalizations like that are never right or fair.
edit on 1-12-2011 by CRDDD because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by CRDDD
This happened to a friend of mine a couple days ago. These are exactly his words.

Today, during first period, I was sitting at my desk. At my desk, I had a book. I was reading said book.

The book was The Arabian Nights.

I was reading this book because I enjoy other cultures and do not fear other people.

My English teacher, looking at the title, snatched it out of my hands, through it into the VERY nasty trash can, and then wrote me up for "Disrespect."

I thought, at first, that the same thing that always happens when I am reading happened. That thing is me, completely tone deaf to the world while reading.

Come to find out, she was sitting at her desk the whole time I was reading.

I went to her, and asked how I was disrespectful. She stated, in these exact words:

"I am a true Cristian and I do not like my students being exposed to such vile muslim trash as that thing you brought into my room this morning."

Now I have to spend tomorrow in ISS. Mind you, I don't care and I'll get to sleep all day. However, I have my pride, and I will take this to the school board. There I will be shot down as I always am, but I will walk out of there with the knowledge that I am still young. And I know the fact that they pretend to forget.

ALOT of christians nowadays seem to have this mindset. It disgusts me.

Um - forget the school board - your young friend should take this to the press - this is censorship - and this teacher's ignorance and manner of handling said affair should not be tolerated. Can you imagine if the same was said and done concerning a "Christian" book - and the teacher said "I am (insert said religion here) and I don't tolerate that Christ crap"

People that say things like the problem with this country is God is not in it enough - my response is - Church and State must remain seperate - I mean who's God exactly do they want in our Government???

I wanted to add - just because I do not want God in my Government does not mean I am anti God, and don't assume you know my faith - most people that are uppity about this - want THEIR GOD - so the Baptists wouldn't want the Methodist God, or please forget the idea of the Catholic God - or the Scientologists God - or the Zionists God or the Witnesses God - or the . . . . see my point -

edit on 1-12-2011 by LittleBirdSaid because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011

Originally posted by Klassified

[
The non christians sure have all the bases covered..because they have no rules to adhere to..

I'm not sure I even believe the story in the Op anymore.. it would be typical for a non christian to make it up..just to throw rocks..

Wow Gabby - are you at this exact moment prepared to meet your maker? - You know not the time or the hour and I think you need to practice a little more forgiveness yourself - or do you not recognize the "judgement" going on in your "non-judgement"?
No rules to adhere to for non-christians? WHAT!!!???
Please!!!! Sad really - that you view non-Christians as endeavering to make stuff up just to "throw rocks" - I can assure you many non-Christians don't think much about Christians or Christianity period, there is no plot going on - many non-Christians are just going about living their own lives. It is this kind of response pattern of yours - that you can't even see - are not even aware of - and think you have the right too . . . that causes problems.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join