It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A friend's experience with a "true" christian

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
This happened to a friend of mine a couple days ago. These are exactly his words.

Today, during first period, I was sitting at my desk. At my desk, I had a book. I was reading said book.

The book was The Arabian Nights.

I was reading this book because I enjoy other cultures and do not fear other people.

My English teacher, looking at the title, snatched it out of my hands, through it into the VERY nasty trash can, and then wrote me up for "Disrespect."

I thought, at first, that the same thing that always happens when I am reading happened. That thing is me, completely tone deaf to the world while reading.

Come to find out, she was sitting at her desk the whole time I was reading.

I went to her, and asked how I was disrespectful. She stated, in these exact words:

"I am a true Cristian and I do not like my students being exposed to such vile muslim trash as that thing you brought into my room this morning."

Now I have to spend tomorrow in ISS. Mind you, I don't care and I'll get to sleep all day. However, I have my pride, and I will take this to the school board. There I will be shot down as I always am, but I will walk out of there with the knowledge that I am still young. And I know the fact that they pretend to forget.

ALOT of christians nowadays seem to have this mindset. It disgusts me.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
your teacher broke 2 human rights :

Freedom of thought, conscience and religion
Freedom of speech

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by CRDDD

So called "true Christians" rarely understand their own Saviour...

I believe he said "Don't judge others"...

They usually seem to forget his words... or haven't you noticed?

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
What I find offensive is that a teacher would deny a student knowledge. Especially when the student is seeking and finding knowledge on their own.
There are so many children in the world who refuse to read a book and here we have a teacher throwing a book in the trash ...... Guh. So sad.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by CRDDD

If you read those old stories, one thing you find out is how holy and sacred to Islam Jerusalem was.
Kings would give up their kingdoms so they could move to Jerusalem, to die where Mohammad ascended into heaven. "True Christians" don't want people to know about that and want people imagine Jerusalem always being Jewish.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Is this a christian / private school? Because if this is public school then this is beyond the realm of improper. The teacher cannot begin to do something like this because of religion. If the reading was during a lesson then sure but otherwise it's improper and unjustified.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by CRDDD

This is one example of an extremest christian.. and not all Christians can be judged by the actions of a few.. as all atheists, muslims, jews and wiccans cannot be judged by the actions of a few.

You need to report her to the school board..

As for those of you who love this story because it is your chance to throw stones at the christians.. you are just as judgmental.. yet you think you have the right to point fingers at christians who judge..

I know someone who doesn't call himself a christian, but professes to know God. he lies, cheats.. is perverse in thought.. and would sell his own mother for 100 dollars if he had the chance.

Now.. should I make the assumption that all who profess to know god, but won't acknowledge Christ the same as him??? It would be foolish to group them all together..just as it is foolish to judge all christians based on the actions of a few.

edit on 1-12-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
It was a public school.

Originally posted by gabby2011
reply to post by CRDDD

This is one example of an extremest christian.. and not all Christians can be judged by the actions of a few.. as all atheists, muslims, jews and wiccans cannot be judged by the actions of a few.

As for those of you who love this story because it is your chance to throw stones at the christians.. you are just as judgmental.. yet you think you have the right to point fingers at christians who judge..

I know someone who doesn't call himself a christian, but professes to know God. he lies, cheats.. is perverse in thought.. and would sell his own mother for 100 dollars if he had the chance.

Now.. should I make the assumption that all who profess to know god, but won't acknowledge Christ the same as him??? It would be foolish to group them all together..just as it is foolish to judge all christians based on the actions of a few.

He says everyone in his town is like this.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by OrNaM3nT

3 actually, freedom of owning property. She can't just take a book and throw it away even damaging it with dirt.

Crazy reli-freak this woman

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Yes I agree I work with a few who tell me often Iam going to Hell.
One has even turned around to a Muslim workpal of mine and said "Your Religion is following Satan" just out of the blue while we had a cup of tea, He was just shocked mouth agasp and I said to her "How dare you, you are following the same God" she replied "No my God is real and his isnt" and walked off I told my Muslim buddie to put in an official complaint but he didnt saying "If thats what she thinks I can not change her mind".
I never meet any Jews/Muslims/Budhists/Hindu's etc who try to convert me so much.
Just yesterday I had 5 old ladys knocking at the door wanting to talk about Jesus.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by CRDDD

Thats what he says..doesn't mean its true..

He is one member on here that I see put down christians all the time..and has even said to me in a thread that he is better than all christians.. and knows God better as well as christianity..so excuse me if I find anything of what he says suspect to extreme exaggeration.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by CRDDD
This happened to a friend of mine a couple days ago. These are exactly his words.

Today, during first period, I was sitting at my desk. At my desk, I had a book. I was reading said book.

The book was The Arabian Nights.

I was reading this book because I enjoy other cultures and do not fear other people.

My English teacher, looking at the title, snatched it out of my hands, through it into the VERY nasty trash can, and then wrote me up for "Disrespect."

I thought, at first, that the same thing that always happens when I am reading happened. That thing is me, completely tone deaf to the world while reading.

Come to find out, she was sitting at her desk the whole time I was reading.

I went to her, and asked how I was disrespectful. She stated, in these exact words:

"I am a true Cristian and I do not like my students being exposed to such vile muslim trash as that thing you brought into my room this morning."

Now I have to spend tomorrow in ISS. Mind you, I don't care and I'll get to sleep all day. However, I have my pride, and I will take this to the school board. There I will be shot down as I always am, but I will walk out of there with the knowledge that I am still young. And I know the fact that they pretend to forget.

ALOT of christians nowadays seem to have this mindset. It disgusts me.

You're friend's arrogant self entitlement attitude probably was a precursor to his teachers actions. That was not "my (his) desk" that is the desk he sits at to attend her class. You know, the class that she has athority over because of the ground work that was done in her life to become a teacher. I have a feeling your buddy knew this teacher and he knew exactly what is allowable in her class and what would set her off. I believe you were instigating this teacher. I feel like he did not tell the whole truth about his reaction to the teacher, I believe (by his creative explaination) that he had more to say than think.
"I was reading this book because I enjoy other cultures and do not fear other people." (spoken like a true little con artist

It is obvious that you are painting a biased laced discription.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by CRDDD

So called "true Christians" rarely understand their own Saviour...

I believe he said "Don't judge others"...

They usually seem to forget his words... or haven't you noticed?

you can discredit anyone if you look hard enough.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by CRDDD

If you read those old stories, one thing you find out is how holy and sacred to Islam Jerusalem was.
Kings would give up their kingdoms so they could move to Jerusalem, to die where Mohammad ascended into heaven. "True Christians" don't want people to know about that and want people imagine Jerusalem always being Jewish.

Who "saw" mohammed ascend to heaven? Just curious....

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by CRDDD

Before them it was the romans, maybe the jews took it from the theives who took it from Rome.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by CRDDD
It was a public school.

reply to post by CRDDD

So are you just an internet buddy who has never been to his hometown, do you even know what your "buddy" looks like *remember, some people don't give their real picture.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Yes I agree I work with a few who tell me often Iam going to Hell.
One has even turned around to a Muslim workpal of mine and said "Your Religion is following Satan" just out of the blue while we had a cup of tea, He was just shocked mouth agasp and I said to her "How dare you, you are following the same God" she replied "No my God is real and his isnt" and walked off I told my Muslim buddie to put in an official complaint but he didnt saying "If thats what she thinks I can not change her mind".
I never meet any Jews/Muslims/Budhists/Hindu's etc who try to convert me so much.
Just yesterday I had 5 old ladys knocking at the door wanting to talk about Jesus.

sounds like they should have brought banannas

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

reply to post by CRDDD

Thats what he says..doesn't mean its true..

He is one member on here that I see put down christians all the time..and has even said to me in a thread that he is better than all christians.. and knows God better as well as christianity..so excuse me if I find anything of what he says suspect to extreme exaggeration.

Excuse me? My friend doesn't even come on this site.

Originally posted by Turkenstein
You're friend's arrogant self entitlement attitude probably was a precursor to his teachers actions. That was not "my (his) desk" that is the desk he sits at to attend her class. You know, the class that she has athority over because of the ground work that was done in her life to become a teacher. I have a feeling your buddy knew this teacher and he knew exactly what is allowable in her class and what would set her off. I believe you were instigating this teacher. I feel like he did not tell the whole truth about his reaction to the teacher, I believe (by his creative explaination) that he had more to say than think.
"I was reading this book because I enjoy other cultures and do not fear other people." (spoken like a true little con artist

It is obvious that you are painting a biased laced discription.

The bottom line is, people shouldn't be allowed to discriminate and throw away books just because they have "Arabian" in the title. It doesn't matter what their beliefs are, it doesn't give them that right.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Turkenstein

Seems legend would have it that once someone experienced Jerusalem, they felt a closeness to heaven, and wanted nothing better than to be buried at the city.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Turkenstein

Before them it was the romans, maybe the jews took it from the theives who took it from Rome.
The Romans liberated the people who were the inhabitants of Palestine from evil people who moved into Jerusalem to cause trouble. So no one "took" it from the Romans, the Romans gave them the land, to the people.
The thieves are the people who moved into the land from 1945 and onward.

edit on 1-12-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join