It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is DHS coordinating attacks against OWS with Mayors?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Naomi Wolf, speaking about a coordinated effort;

Let's not confuse her with "Shock Doctrine" author Naomi Klein, by the way -- which you should read if you think that someone doesn't PLAN FOR Disasters.

And, to put to rest the idea that "Progressives" and Liberals don't criticize their own, or jump on with every conspiracy theory, here is CrooksAndLiars.com with the smack down.

Now, after the usual ridicule, denying that DHS would do such a thing, we get the OFFICIAL denial, which of course, tries to diminish the truth after the genie is out of the bottle;
Homeland Security role in 'Occupy' crackdowns limited, says agency

>> That might just be a conference call saying; "here are our experts talking about how to deal with protests or potential riots." It doesn't mean someone said; "Go beat these people up and move them away from cameras."

In this article "The Occupy Crackdowns, Why Naomi Wolf Got it Wrong", I think Corey Robin has the right idea that it doesn't take a coordinated effort to bring about tyranny -- it's an "organic" result of creating the environment for a Tyranny;

>> However, it seems to me that the Police are gearing up with "Jackboot equipment." Bin Laden is dead -- From the battles over abolition to the labor wars at the turn of the last century to the Red Squads of the twentieth-century police departments to the struggles over Jim Crow, state repression in America has often been decentralized, displaying that very same can-do spirit of local initiative that has been celebrated by everyone from Alexis de Tocqueville to Robert Putnam. Though Tocqueville and Putnam were talking of course about things like creating churches and buildings roads, the fact is: if the locals can build a church or a road on their own, they can also get rid of dissenters on their own, too, no?
Even where there has been coordination and direction from above, as in the epic cases of the Red Scare, McCarthyism, COINTELPRO, or now the War on Terror, what’s been most striking is how local police and officials have managed to manipulate that federal involvement to their own ends

But whether or NOT Naomi got the conference call right (this time)-- this is the same Department of Homeland Security that got caught funding the "Poker and Prostitutes" LINK scheme at the Watergate Hotel that resulted in a CIA Chief quitting his job. Funny how you can go to prison for protesting, but a scheme to manipulate politicians just gets a pass. Naomi makes many points about all the corruption going on behind the scenes -- it's like saying that John Gotti wasn't responsible for this particular mob hit, so you've got to let him go.

And don't yell at me for the Rawstory link -- they at least do a good job of covering Hookergate, but you are free to google yourself...

>> I look at how the Bush administration "helped the Iraqi government to fail" after they invaded. They set up the government drawn on factional, religious lines. They left hundreds of bunkers full of weapons guarded by a couple soldiers or in some cases only a padlock. They obliterated the city of Fallujah with white phosphorous in retaliation for the deaths of some mercenaries -- yet rape, murder and mass killings by these same mercenary groups go un-investigated. I could go on about my own theories -- but I've seen so many instances of Weapons Dealing corporations, being involved in our military policies. You get factions squabbling and sell both sides the weapons. Why the heck were some British troops or mercenaries trying to blow up a Mosque in Baghdad dressed as Arabs? Was that provocation? Iraq had to sign a production sharing agreement with the same Oil Companies Saddam kicked out -- does anyone know if they "have a Democracy yet?"

By the way, Blair and Bush have been found guilty of war crimes by feisty little Malaysia -- their courts work better than hours! ... but I digress ...

Perhaps, the Bankers who studied the Great Depression NEW that allowing banks to overleverage and speculate on "bets" would bring a financial collapse. Maybe the people who have supplied weapons to civil wars around the world and studied fascist governments KNOW how to manipulate police into becoming Jackboots.
Any dim wit can be given a badge, a walkie talkie, and a taste of power and told that he is the LAST HERO between America and chaos -- if there are no adults in supervision, there are plenty of would-be super cops that can do your bidding and they don't even know it.

Even if DHS is not coordinating a crack-down from the top -- it's pretty clear that BY NOT STOPPING ILLEGAL ABUSE by the police, the Mayors and perhaps the President could be creating a powder keg. I don't blame the "spark" for the explosion -- I blame the idiot who kept the Dynamite near the furnace.
The "911 emergency" never ends, and once the power is given to police and our para-military DHS, it is never let go of. So they have to fight SOMETHING, right? Give them a bunch of toys. Make sure they get long hours dealing with protestors. Make sure they become the bad guys by not reprimanding a few Super Cops who take the law into their own hands.

Domestic Use of Aerial Drones by Law Enforcement

I know I probably opened up a FEW controversial can of worms here (are their actually Bush supporters left?), but my main question is;
do you think there is COORDINATION at the top of DHS or even Congress on a crack-down, or do you think it is just happening, or do you think; "Hey, it doesn't really matter -- the Oligarchs brought marshmallows and sticks and handed some kid a box of matches..."

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
What does this have to do with 9/11?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
While there is a modest 9/11 tie-in, the overall thesis is much more broad and doesn't seem to be suited for the 9/11 Conspiracies forum, so I'm moving it to Social issues & Civil Unrest.

As always, if anyone disagrees, please send me a private message and I'll be happy to talk about it.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
They aren't even really trying to hide it. TPTB are flagrantly showing us now how we are no longer truly free. Before I get jumped on from being dramatic, look at the threads on this page alone and look at the sources, they are not nutter sources but generally mainstream, and it may not be clapped in chains or detainment camps but we are not free the same way were just a year ago.

top topics

join