It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LAPD Descends on Occupy LA and Destroys an American Flag

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by PrimalRed

Here are my thoughts on that: The protesters are protesting the American government, because it's corrupt and clearly doesn't serve the people anymore. To fully illustrate their disrespect for the government that mutually shows them no respect, they burn a flag.

The cops on the other hand tear down the campsite like mindless androids, barking orders at the protesters who are acting in accordance with the First Amendment, and attempt to pillage and destroy everything in sight while taking prisoners like some sort of mock-viking warrior.

So I guess you could say it's a doubel whammy: crapping on the Constitution while tearing an American flag.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
First off, we don't know why the cop was doing that. We didn't see the start or the finish of the whole incident. This could very easily be a snippet of video edited to make the lapd officer look bad. True, he did tear the flag, there is no questioning that. But everyone here knows how things can be presented out of context to make a point.
And as far as how horrible the police were in this "raid", it is my understanding that the los angeles eviction was one of the most peaceful in the country.

<< 1   >>

join