It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man unleashes snakes upon corrupt government office[VIDEO]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Here is another way to fight corruption a rather interesting one..hahaha

Protesting against corruption, a man in eastern Uttar Pradesh set free more than a dozen snakes on officials at a government office in Basti district, media reports said on Thursday.

According to reports, the man allegedly unleashed the snakes on the officials as he was harassed for bribes at their hands.

Hakkul, who allegedly set the snakes on the officials, was allotted a plot of land for his work by government. However, the local administration officers continued to harass him and refused to give him land until he paid them bribe.

www.ndtv.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Fight fire with fire!

In this case, fight snakes with snakes!

Very creative, kudos!

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
occupied by snakes^^

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
lmao.. now thats a good way to protest..

though I feel sorry for the poor snakes having to be that close to tax collectors...

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Did he get a way with it? A powerful protest indeed, in America I believe this would be defined as an act of 'terrorism', no? Great story! XD

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by RenegadeScholar

nothing about him(attacker) getting arrested. but apparently t'was a journalist who encouraged him to act this way

Local journalists urged Hakkul to teach the officers a lesson with the help of his snakes. The reporters were taken into custody as punishment, but were later released.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Don't tread on him...

...or the snakes.
edit on 1-12-2011 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I heard that the snakes were accepting bribes not to fang the officials
. Wonder how that would work in D.C.? Since there seems to be an infestation of money grabbing rats there. I'm sure they wouldn't mind grabbing a hand full of diamonds. Western Diamond Backs that is.

top topics

join