It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Walk Through Pictures...11/11

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+47 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I was out taking another long walk today, as I often do on my dead-end street out in the country. It was cold, (in the low 40s) but the sun had come out after a rough week of weather so I was eager to enjoy it! I began without my camera because of a sore neck (that telephoto lense is heavy!) but when I saw six bald eagles hovering, I literally ran back to get it!!

I saw so many different beautiful things today that I thought of sharing it, again, with my ATS friends. I searched out my last walk/picture thread and was surprised to find it was almost a year ago already! I figured it was time to do it again.
Much has happened this year, including my house losing much of its equity, and the economic/political battleground getting bloodier. BUT, so many good things have happened too. My whole family has come closer to God and as a result is full of more love and grace. I have made many new true friends and come to appreciate all that we have even more. These pics are once again a reminder of that beauty all around us...all we have to do is SEE it!!!

SO....here they are, in order. Enjoy!

Most of the eagles were gone by the time I got my camera, but I managed to capture one at a bit of a distance. What a gorgeous creature!

It's early winter, but the colors are still so sharp and pretty!

Some geese were gathered in a nearby cut cornfield and I managed to get quite close to them...

Before they flew away!!!

Some doves took flight from my neighbors barn:

Down the road a bit further, I came upon another neighbors very large cow. I don't know why I found it so funny, but I couldn't get it out of my head that it was trying to hide behind the tree.

Past the river, down to the end and then back again. The sun was again shining...the last of the clouds gone and a pretty little meadowlark or something similar was singing among the berries on the side of the road:

Back past the 'hiding' cow again, who was now kneeling in the grass in order to reach to short greens...and a pretty little hawk (much like the one I saw earlier this year) flew overhead:

Once home again, I went into my back yard to see if any of those eagles made their way to the trees there. I didn't spot any, but the scene in the slough was so pretty!!!

I was literally steps from my back door when I noticed a new blossom in my potted plant mix on the back deck. I have noticed some very odd behavior from the plants/trees this year, continuing to bloom and sprout as if it were spring instead of winter. I thought I would take a picture just to document it, but was pleasantly surprised at the jewel nestled inside when I looked at the picture!!!

A close-up:

I hope you enjoyed your 'walk' with me! Until next time......

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Nice pics. I love the mountains, I wanna go to Tennessee.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
beautiful photos, thanks for that. I woke up to snow today so you can bet I am feeling pretty jealous right now. To top it off I live in the core of a major city...... I envy you get to wake up hear animals and smell nature.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Wow lovely photos that made me feel as if I was there! Thanks so much for sharing those with us..Cheers Coco
SNF
edit on 30-11-2011 by itscocobaby because: forgot something

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Beautiful!

I know
I am not suppose to make one line posts
but that's all I could think to say.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
nice pics man, pretty cool scenery where was all these taken? maybe i skipped it to just look at the pics

you managed to take some great clips.. love to see more soon in the future if possible.. wouldnt mind taking some of my own around this area if i get the chance

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Thank you for the replies!

I took these pictures in Skagit County, Washington State...near a town called Sedro Woolley. This is the NW corner of Washington. Beautiful area!!

I took these two from the same road this past month:

Since there was a request for more...
Here are a couple of my favorites

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Thank you for sharing these Westcoast.

They are all beautiful, and hopefully you can keep us filled in on the wild adventures of the hiding cow

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Thank you - thank you - thank you.

You have given many people pleasure and reminded us of the beauty in our world.
It is lovely to have a reprieve from the other stuff.

Much Peace...

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Beautiful pictures, brought a tear to my eye.
I really miss home now.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Just breathtaking, westcoast! You have an incredible eye for composition. Your photos are like the visual equivalent of Robert Frost's poetry. Thanks for sharing with us!

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Stunning stunning photos!

Your pics and subject matter reveal something about you as a person. Hopefully this is not going to be to close and upfront, but it is so evident from your photos that you are not only a highly skilled photographer but also that you are in tune with nature, and sensitive to our great mother earth! Wonderful!

That specific moment in time, with all the elements just so, feezed into a 2 dimentional fraction of reality, that will never repeat itself.

It is like a breath of fresh air, walking through those moments with you.

(Now I know where you got your Avatar pic from!)

Thanks for posting.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
nice pics...

makes me want to go out and buy a decent camera...

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Amazing pictures, i wish i lived closer to Nature, Living close to Amsterdam right now, no real nature for hunderds of KM each direction

How clear are the stars by you? i have a telescope i have always regretet never being able to use (due to me being in an Urban setting, to much light)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Amazing photos! How long have you been taking pictures, and how did you learn to take them so well?

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Great photos , thanks for posting ,

here in Europe the plants are also out of sync, trees and plants budding, and flowers coming back into flower.

very odd !!!

thanks
snoopyuk

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
westcoast you never cease to amaze me, what lovely pictures, I hope you send some of them off to your local news station to have everyone pause for the breathtaking beauty that surrounds them.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Awesome pictures! The Bald Eagle is a great sight for those who never saw one in the wild. Six together is something.There is a pair nesting close to my family's cabin and I am in awe every time I see them.
Just one thing, I think those are pigeons, not doves.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Very cool pictures! Thank you for sharing!

Your meadowlark is actually a Dark-Eyed Junco and I believe the hawk is a juvenile Red-Tailed Hawk.

:-)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
What beautiful pics, thanks for sharing!! What a nice way to start my morning

The crazy thing is I saw that you are listed as from PNW and as I was looking through I pics thought "This looks like Skagit County!" I have some pictures really similar from Concrete (though much worse quality!).

I'm out in Pierce County, I go up to the Baker Lake area several times a year.
It sure is beautiful in your neck of the woods!

Anyway, thanks again for the pictures!! It was like a little slice of my own home, only better

edit on 1-12-2011 by ladykenzie because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3 >>

join