It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Medal of Honor recipient sues defense firm, alleges retaliation - latimes.com

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Medal of Honor recipient sues defense firm, alleges retaliation - latimes.com

latimesblogs.latimes.com

A Marine awarded the Medal of Honor for bravery in Afghanistan is suing a British-owned defense contracting firm for allegedly harassing him and raising questions about his mental condition after he questioned the practice of selling high-tech rifle scopes to the Pakistani military.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
This story actually gets worse. Read the article.

Besides getting fired for his GOOD common sense, the company who fired him ( BAE Systems ) gave a BAD reference to a subsequent job he applied for.

And, BAE Systems has "diagnosed" without a medical license.

And, BAE Systems defamed him both personally (to his face) and publically (in the bad job reference). Defamation could be either or both libel and slander.

latimesblogs.latimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

In that case he can fight this case in court where it should be fought.

It's very difficult for us to get enough unbiased facts in a case like this from reading a blog to make an informed opinion.

If the state department approved the sale, then perhaps it's awfully hard for the company to not go through with the sale. I mean, saying "don't do that" is kind of like telling a bear not to do his business in the woods...it's gonna happen no matter what you say.

Maybe the state department shouldn't have approved the sale, and maybe he's right that what they sell will be used against us. That's kind of the story of our lives in that region. The US gave the Afghans anti-air weaponry to use against the soviets, which was subsequently used against the US.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I think what is going unappreciated here is the power of the defence industry. They are literally what spins the economy and this has been the case probably for all time. There is no nastier nor higher stakes industry out there.

The guy was not a team player. He didn't follow the rules. Ethics has no place in anything defence-related. Don't kid yourselves. Even legally, these guys are all arms dealers.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
This is kind of difficult to piece together from a blog.

However - the man is clearly within his rights to criticize the decision to sell to Pakistan. I can't say I disagree with him.

On the other - he could have easily overstepped his bounds in a manner that justified firing, and behaved in an inappropriate manner that would garner anyone a bad review. His state of mind, however, is a medical issue that can only be determined by medical professionals...

There are a lot of sticky areas, here - and it would need to go to court where evidence and testimonies can be presented and heard.

More than likely, however, BAE will settle as opposed to go to court. Basically, all he has to have is enough of a case for a judge to be willing to hear it - and that will pretty much guarantee him a settlement offer equal to the estimated legal fees of mounting a defense.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Aw, it's tough out there in the defense industry (wipes tear from eye)
I personally don't give a rat's ass what happens to anyone who works for these war whores.
They all need "re-education" to do something productive and positive for society instead of creating new ways to kill and maim.
Hero Shmero

top topics

join