It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone In Los Angeles Catching These Winds? HOLY CRAP lol.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
It has been crazy today, but it's really not too out of the ordinary. I live in the Antelope Valley and I'm no stranger to the Santa Ana winds. It's just been exceptionally noisy today, the sound of the wind hitting my house kept me from sleeping this morning. I'd certainly avoid driving any high profile vehicles if you can help it, though driving any vehicles in this wind can be difficult. I remember a few years back, my aunt's SUV was flipped over in some bad wind and thrown into a ditch right off of the freeway. That's some scary stuff. I'll definitely be avoiding the freeways till the wind dies down, not going to drive next to any 18 wheelers that might topple over on top of me. As for being quake related, I'd have to say I doubt there's any correlation, but I'm no expert, so we shall wait and see! I've heard several claims of "earthquake weather" when we get strange rains out of nowhere but nothing has ever come of it.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
North LA we are getting insane winds in the bay area also. The sky is so clear at the moment, I normally don't see this many stars in the city.
Go look up!

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
OMG yes!! Im in the SF east bay area and earlier this evening the CraZiest winds kicked up outta nowhere. Its been schizo monster winds ever since. My poor yard cat is freaking out! :/
Its quiet outside, then a gust of wind hits that shakes the whole house. Also, we keep hearing a loud humming sound, maybe wind "ducting"? Its weird that its been so consistent for like 6 hours now...

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by PaxVeritas
reply to post by AQuestion

Pinot Noir is practically all I buy. Good call.

2nd

Can I recommend you try a nice Pinot Grigio....very mellow, smooth and tart, my favorite 'summer/fall' wine.

Yes, they were predicting this, almost 5 days ago actually, which I found rather strange although I am not a total weather nerd, just an interested bystander.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Whittier peak recorded gusts up to 97 MPH last night. Respectable, but no record, expect a few power outages,e ditto downed trees. Meh, life goes on.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I'm in 91011 - suburb of Los Angeles, in the foothills. Very crazy night. We lost power for about 4 hours last night. While we have power now, 200,000+ folks don't. Lots of trees, downed power lines, etc. School in out district is closed. It's forecasted to keep going through Friday, I believe. No damage to our property yet, but lots of different tree branches. I'm glad they closed the school though - 97 mph might not be a record, but it can take a 40lb kid off his feet.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
It's a damn shame that the police had to pick yesterday to remove all of the Occupy encampments. It might have been fun to see how their tents held up to the winds that you are having.

I hope nobody gets hurt or has their house trashed. Good Luck.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join