It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Pentagon to check Kerry War Record

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 01:11 AM
link   
After an 11-point lead by Bush over Kerry, the Pentagon announced plans to conduct an investigation into the war record of Democratic Presidential-candidate, John Kerry. The investigation came amid conflicting accounts posed by John Kerry and the group, Swift Boat Veterans for Truth. Judicial Watch ended up requesting the investigation, which the Navy Office will conduct. John Kerry was awarded a Silver Star, a Bronze Star with combat V, and 3 purple hearts. Also to be investigated is the commendation of bravery made John Lehman who now claims that he has no knowledge of the commendation. No timetable has been given for the investigation and many are wondering whether it will be carried out before the election.

www.telegraph.co.uk
In an August letter to the Pentagon, the group's president, Tom Fitton, requested an investigation into the "determination and final disposition of the awards granted to Lieutenant (junior grade) John Forbes Kerry, US Naval Reserve", in response to the Swift Boat Veterans' allegations.

A navy spokesman confirmed on Friday that the inspector-general's office at the Pentagon had authorised the inquiry. "It is the responsibility of all personnel to correct errors in official records," said the spokesman. Another official said privately: "There's a feeling that it's time to deal with this thoroughly, once and for all."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Personally, I am in the same boat as the Kerry campaign manager. I believe this investigation is a waste of time and money. I'd like to see more focus on the issues and less on speculation about Kerry's war records. The two presidential candidates Kerry and Bush have skeletons in the closet. Instead of voting on the lesser of evils in the candidates' early life, we should be focusing on the issues today.

That is why I say, vote Libertarian.

Actually can someone move this to the mudpit, this story is just crap.

[edit on 6-9-2004 by Jamuhn]

[edit on 9-6-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 01:19 AM
link   
You can see the machine in action in this one.
GWB get posted in a unit that will never see action in Vietnam and deserts his post for money whilst JK gets shot at for serving his country during his tour of duty.

Which one does the Pentagon investigate?
Anything to distract from the real issues. . .

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I, for one, am sick of this war record stuff. That means both sides. Kerry should stop touting his Vietnam record and Bush should stop "attacking" it.

I would like both parties to live in the present and help progress the USA forward.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by shanti23
You can see the machine in action in this one.
GWB get posted in a unit that will never see action in Vietnam and deserts his post for money whilst JK gets shot at for serving his country during his tour of duty.

Heh, Kerry opened the pandoras box, Live with it. He has already lied about being in Cambodia, that opens the rest of his record up to scrutiny.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by dcgolf Bush should stop "attacking" it.

bush has never attacked his war record, where do people get that? only the swift boat group has done that.

top topics

join