It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Do Something Good for Once, Refuse to Evict 103-Year-Old

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

JP Morgan Chase has been attempting to evict 103-year-old Vita Lee and her daughter since 2009, over a mortgage "taken out years ago by another family member." The Lees have been attempting to work out a deal with the bank, but the bank really needed their house, and sheriff's deputies and a moving van showed up outside the Lee home over the weekend. Only:

The moving company and the deputies took one look at Lee and decided that would not happen.

Source

Channel 2's Ryan Young asked Lee is she was worried about being kicked out of the home.

"No, I knew that they know what they were doing. God don't let them do wrong," Lee said. The house and case have been in the court system for years. Possible eviction seemed too much for Lee's daughter Tuesday. She was rushed to the hospital.

"Please don't come in and disturb me no more. When I'm gone you all can come back and do whatever they want to," Lee said.

For now, Lee remains in the home. State Senator Vincent Fort told Young on Wednesday that the loan is held by Deustche Bank but is being serviced locally by Chase. Family members said they had enough money to pay the loan, but were having a difficult time getting Chase to accept a payment.

Source

Well its nice to have something to praise the cops about these days. Well done to Fulton County sheriff's deputies for standing up for somthing thats right and not just following orders

edit on 30-11-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
It's just because they cant spin any "hero" points off it.

Wait until they find a prescription meds bottle with the label peeled off or something.

Then they'll be pepper-spraying and hauling her ass to the curb to save your children the evil drug menace.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
That's awesome!

I think once you reach 100 years old, you should be able to do pretty much whatever you want and not have to worry about your home.

+1 For respecting our elders!

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
It's just because they cant spin any "hero" points off it.

Wait until they find a prescription meds bottle with the label peeled off or something.

Then they'll be pepper-spraying and hauling her ass to the curb to save your children the evil drug menace.

I am usually against the police, but c'mon now. These cops disobeyed orders. We gotta respect that.
edit on 30-11-2011 by CREAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
There was a thread not long ago on this
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by haven123
There was a thread not long ago on this
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

top topics

join