It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masonic "Not So Secret" License Plate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Was driving around with a buddy of mine recently and snapped this pic of the car in front of us. Thought It'd be of interest to those on ATS. I totally want one of these.

For the record, we were in Wheaton, IL.

I'm hoping to see an Illuminati plate next...

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
MY SIGNATURE FOR AN ATS WORTHY LICENSE PLATE

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Pseudonaut

Meh... Many states have specialty Masonic plates...

Florida has more specialty plates than you can shake a Two Ball Cane at...

Personally, I have a U.S. Navy plate and a Blue Lodge badge on my truck... So much for the "secret society" aspect of Freemasonry...

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I see a number of people wearing the Masonic Jewel or festooning them on their Dually pickups and Cadillacs... I have seen a huge flatbed truck covered with the Masonic stuff parked in handicapped parking.. As 3 big rednecks were carrying 3 or 4 cases of beer each to the truck a police car had pulled up and exchanged pleasantries with the guys as they put the beer into ice chest.... I have a handicapped placard hanging from my rear view mirror and disabled veteran license plates and find myself in pain and having to park and walk from the far end of a parking lot frequently because of the behavior of these guys..... They get away with a whole lot more than stealing parking spaces from the handicapped in Anderson County Texas..

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by hypervigilant

My Best Friend is fighting cancer right now with every ounce of his being, and his prognosis is not good. He is a Mason, like me. He drives a big F-250 pickup, jacked up, with big tires. He has a handicap placard, and some days he can't even get out of bed. On some days he feels ok, and he picks up a few of his "redneck" friends like me, and we go out to lunch. 3 big, 30-something rednecks, getting out of a jacked up, F-250, with Masonic emblems on it, parked in a handicap spot. It might be the only activity he gets for the day, and if he had to park way out in the lot, he might decide to not even try it.

Don't jump to conclusions too quickly there buddy.

Also, Masons do not have the cure for cancer. We asked, just in case.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Saw one of these yesterday in Nevada... Remember, Freemasonry is not a secret society, but a society with secrets. One has to wonder how many people this day in age flaunt about the insignia without any real ties to the organization. The application for a similar license plate does not involve any sort of confirming you as a member here in Nevada.
Nevada Masonic License Plate Application (pdf)

But apparently the one you saw in Illinois does:
Master Mason License Plate Request Form (pdf)

Sometimes I wonder if I'm the only one left out there that opts not to slap my affiliations on the back of my privately owned vehicle...
edit on 30-11-2011 by Sek82 because: add links

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Personally I think all personalized license plates are dumb and the government shouldn't operate as a corporation selling silly novelty products.

But also, this doesn't worry me, masons are just people too, nothing to be afraid of.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by hypervigilant
I see a number of people wearing the Masonic Jewel or festooning them on their Dually pickups and Cadillacs... I have seen a huge flatbed truck covered with the Masonic stuff parked in handicapped parking.. As 3 big rednecks were carrying 3 or 4 cases of beer each to the truck a police car had pulled up and exchanged pleasantries with the guys as they put the beer into ice chest.... I have a handicapped placard hanging from my rear view mirror and disabled veteran license plates and find myself in pain and having to park and walk from the far end of a parking lot frequently because of the behavior of these guys..... They get away with a whole lot more than stealing parking spaces from the handicapped in Anderson County Texas..

First of all, thank you for your service. Secondly, I sincerely hope you take the opportunity to speak to the men who you see doing this. I think either 1 of two things will happen. Either the men will apologize profusely and offer any assistance they can to you, or they might explain the handicap the driver has and clear up any confusion. Masons are just men, but they are generally good men.(in my experience)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by CREAM
Personally I think all personalized license plates are dumb and the government shouldn't operate as a corporation selling silly novelty products.

In my state, the proceeds go to Masonic-funded charities. I can't say for sure about other states because I just don't know, but I'd bet that most of them also use the license plate thing as a charity fundraiser.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Idaho has a Masonic license plate (yes, I do have one) and some of the proceeds go to our charitable fund.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

I don't know about License Plates, but I know in Florida the Shriners and the Fire Departments are the only two entities with express legislative approval to panhandle at red lights for fundraisers.
Everyone else is doing it illegally.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I saw one of those on a bitchin' Camaro the other day. The parking job was horrible with the arse end hanging into the space behind it (the car was nose-out). I parked really close so noone else would see it.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Grand Lodge of Texas blog post about the Texas Masons plate... link

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
We have them in Maryland. The MD DMV paperwork has to come from the Grand Lodge of Maryland for authorization...

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I used to have blue lodge tags in Ohio as well as a 32 degree eagles that went over the tail lights.. yeah .. real secretive.
Keeping with the tradition of Masonry I decided I was to cheap to pay the $90 a year for special plates.

PS .. I also have a Masonic Credit Card *GASP!!!* with a "cash back" option that instead of going to me goes to the Masonic Home.
edit on 12/1/2011 by Rockpuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Thanks for all the replies. I never knew that Masonic plates were so prevalent.

Rockpuck, a Masonic credit card sounds amazing! I'd love to see pics of that!

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

I'm certain many would love a picture of my credit card haha! Just google ohio grand lodge credit card. Id post the link but I dunno how on my phone. And if anyone wants to know.. No, Masons dont get special treatment the APR sucks

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

I'm certain many would love a picture of my credit card haha! Just google ohio grand lodge credit card. Id post the link but I dunno how on my phone. And if anyone wants to know.. No, Masons dont get special treatment the APR sucks

Make sure not to white out any of the juicy information!

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Here in California, we don't have the option (or at least I wasn't looking hard enough) to have a Masonic license plate. Although, the back windshield of my car is well enough adorned with tons of Masonic symbolism. Anyone driving behind me well well enough know that I am a Freemason.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sek82
Sometimes I wonder if I'm the only one left out there that opts not to slap my affiliations on the back of my privately owned vehicle

I don't anymore. I did on my last car but well after the fact considered what peeling the heavy-duty decal off would do to the paint if and or when it came time to trade it in. Fortunately (so to speak) the little sucker got totalled by a hit-and-run tanker truck. Saved me that concern.

Fitz

new topics

top topics

join