It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm so hungry, I could eat a horse! And so could you..... wait.... what?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Horse slaughter plants are legal again in the United States. Restrictions on horse meat processing for human consumption have been lifted. In a bipartisan effort, the House of Representatives and the United States Senate approved the Conference Committee report on spending bill H2112, which among other things, funds the United States Department of Agriculture. On November 18th, as the country was celebrating Thanksgiving, President Obama signed a law, allowing Americans to kill and eat horses. Essentially, one turkey was pardoned in the presence of worldwide media while in the shadows, buried under pages of fiscal regulation, millions of horses were sentenced to death. Read more: technorati.com...

[color=dodgerblue]
What do you think, ATS?

Would you eat horse meat?

Personally, I wouldn't. I love horses and cannot imagine eating one for dinner. I have met quite a few horses in my life and they very idea that they could be farmed and slaughtered for their meat makes me sad. I know some could argue 'but we do it to this animal or that animal, why not horses too?'. For me, its just personal opinion.

I am interested in the opinions this topic will reveal.

What say you, ATS?

Linky
edit on 29-11-2011 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

Im so hongry I could eat the north end out of a south bound bull
but I'll skip the broiled mare with fatha beans.

But sadly in the end if it came to a pet or starvation, well never mind.

edit on 29-11-2011 by ga-`tv-gi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
If anything, this is the straw that should break Obama's Presidency.

Horses? C'mon! Isn't it enough that we eat cattle filled hormones? I for one, will turn vegetarian the day I see horse being sold in the local supermarket.

I can see it now;
the McSeabiscuit; now available.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ga-`tv-gi

Im so hongry I could eat the north end out of a south bound bull

[color=dodgerblue]I have never heard that one.

Star for you.

I will be skipping the mare as well.

Thanks for the reply.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
If I had to I would. I dont personally aspire to however. Everything on this planet is food for at least one other living thing. I didnt think we were at a point in this country where horse meat needed to be eaten
Anyway, couldnt one sell a horse and buy alot more food than can be had from the carcass of a horse? Just sayin

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by PatriciusCaesar

I can see it now;
the McSeabiscuit; now available.

[color=mediumorchid]One of my first thoughts was how much horse meat will be snuck into processed foods now that it's legal.

Go, Obama.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I dont eat any meat, let alone horses. But in one part of my mind, I know many a horse is killed when they are no longer 'useful' for racing or otherwise, so I guess making it legal to eat them after their slaughter makes no difference to me.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

I have heard horse meat is stringy, haven't tried it myself, but given the chance i would give it go..

Kangaroo is nice, kinda like a sweet steak, i eat that all the time, saltwater croc isnt bad eather..

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by aussiemisfit

[color=mediumorchid]You can eat kangaroo???

I had no idea.

Learn something new every day.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

I have met quite a few horses in my life and they very idea that they could be farmed and slaughtered for their meat makes me sad. I know some could argue 'but we do it to this animal or that animal

Im sure if you spent some time with some cows and pigs you would not want to eat them either, however, you probably do. All animals have emotions, but all animals are food as well.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I saw horse meat for sale in france, didn't eat it. I like horses, I wouldn't eat them like I wouldn't eat dogs or cats. For some some reason it just seem OK to eat chickens and cows, I think if I were a cow or chicken I'd want to die early and reincarnate into something else anyway, not a whole lot a spirit can do with those bodies imo. Horses on the other hand are pretty advanced creatures I think, not for eating.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
From what I've heard, horse meat is popular in some European countries. Its on a few menu's in Italy and was brought up to be banned last year.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
No...no...no...! I will never eat horse meat. Horses are very dear creatures....and to me they are pets. I personally do not eat meat....but even if I did....I would not eat a horse...

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I could never eat one.
And if TSHTF there are plenty of other things to eat, the horses should be saved for transportation.
Why would we ever want to eat one? They're very intelligent beings, and yes, pigs and cattle are also intelligent, but they're not companion like.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

It is slightly sweet, tender, low in fat and high in protein. I personally don't have any problems with horse meat, draw the line at dog or human meat though.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
This is such an important subject, one I can barely even join because of the saddness it causes.

"What say you?" Here is a must see addition for anyone with a conscience. Be sure and watch part 2 as well and please join in the discussions.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

video.abovetopsecret.com...

Blessings and prayers to our world and to the people who fight for this unimaginable horror and failure on the part of those in a position to make a difference.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

What do you think, ATS?

Would you eat horse meat?

I have eaten horse, and it's actually pretty good. It's pretty prevalent over in France. In fact, they buy up a lot of our older horses for their slaughterhouses.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
i have eaten horse sashimi in japan.

it is a delicate and tasty meat. it was a staple meat in parts of europe for years.

eating meat of anykind is just nature.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Samuelis

It is slightly sweet, tender, low in fat and high in protein. I personally don't have any problems with horse meat, draw the line at dog or human meat though.

[color=mediumorchid]I just don't think I could do it!

I would rather be a vegetarian. Which really wouldn't be a problem for me. I only eat meat maybe 3x a week. Wouldn't take much to cut that out.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
NEIGH NEIGH - Don't be surprised - they've eaten them in France for years.

They've passed this Bill because they know what is coming.

When your hungry enough - you will eat #! A piece of horse meat will then taste like the best steak you ever had.

I love horses too and given the choice would not eat one (well - not all at once - they're big buggers) but to stay alive?

That's another question.

The shopping malls will be all gone - but hey those in other countries aren't used to these big shopping malls and convenience foods so who do you think will stand up stronger?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join