It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New avatar and background image problems

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I've just tried to change my avatar and now it's too short. I've tried removing the photo and using it as a background image instead but it's still showing up as almost square and not the nice oblong everyone else has. What am I doing wrong? I think my dimensions are correct

Also, are we supposed to use images from our old albums or the new upload centre, because I foudn a link on my TOOLS page that says we must use them from old albums. If the search on ATS could be arranged in date order I wouldn't have posted this but when I do a search the old info on avatars is years old .

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
As far as getting the image oblong, you could use a free tool like Irfanview. That is how I get my avatars to be the exact size proscribed by Skeptic Overlord...

I don't understand why we can't upload new pics to our folders though. I hope that is only temporary, but it's been like that for a while already.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

Your best bet is to DL your avatar from the old album and post it up in the ATS UPLOADS tab to the right. The (oldpictures) will be obsoleted soon. Using the new uploader, things should work fine for you. You'll get to change your avatar the old way, just supply the new link.

Hope that helps.....

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I too am having a problem with my avatar, mainly because I just don't understand the nature of this website xD. However, I have uploaded my avatar using a direct link and it meets all the requirements. If you go to my profile you will see it there but not whenever I post. I don't know why.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I've put an avatar on via old pics AND the new upload centre and both ways it's cutting the pic too short. So, I then deleted the avatar and used it as background image instead so it would be nice and long. Same thing happens, it's cut too short. I'm sure avatar is 170 wide x 300 and background image 200 x 500, or thereabouts. What I'm getting via both is a width of 170-200 and drop down length of about 250. Something isn't working and it isn't my pics.

And, I can't delete old member photos, they're stuck in the system. Can't delete new either which I find strange.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
OK, I've worked it out. Not perfect but he'll do for today.

To have a long avatar I had to put it in "your background image" and then make a transparent gif to put in "your avatar". To find a clear gif I just clicked someone else's and pinched it.

Note - (if someone's avatar looks like a single long picture and not one image on top of another then there'll be a clear gif there.) Hope this helps someone else.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by wigit

The logic behind "not" deleting pics is that you will have them linked in a post somewhere, and if you delete them from your album, there'll soon be LOTS of broken pic links all over ATS. I'm good with that for now. Kinda like albums to organize them in, but there's no quick and easy solution.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Ok, here's something that helps.

Use the following for you Avatar URL:

files.abovetopsecret.com...

It's an clear avatar that stretches the Mini Background Image to proper size.

Once you've put that in, go ahead and add your actual avtar to the Your Background section instead.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

It dose appear that byrd has had no problems navigating the system

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by bulla

It is pretty easy to set up your avatar,bulla.
I can help,if needed.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
reply to post by bulla

It is pretty easy to set up your avatar,bulla.
I can help,if needed.

Thanks mate, I will wait until the three hieroglyphics, appears and then I may seek your assistance to do same, and put those ancient hieroglyphics as may avatar , All be it I could give you them now , but my understandings of computer prevent any such event

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by bulla

Phase 1
Can you put in a file,say on your desktop or other file on your computer,the picture you wish to use.
Phase 2
At the top of the ATS page,it helps to open up 2 pages on the internet of ATS,is a tool bar ,
click on tools on your second open page.
Phase 3
Click on ATS uploads at the top of the page.
When that opens up,click on the rightside blank white box.
It will open up another window were you can select the file were your picture is at.
Once the picture is selected and downloaded,find it on the ats personal uploads,which should be already there,click on it,scroll down to find the link avatar.
Another page pops up.
Scroll down to where it says your avatar and click submit.

Hope this helps.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
OK, I've worked it out. Not perfect but he'll do for today.

needs to be bigger really

top topics

join