It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tea Party Alleges Double Standard by Occupy-Friendly Mayor in Virginia

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

The Richmond Tea Party said the city charged it $10,000 to hold three rallies in Kanawha Plaza -- where Occupiers have been allowed to reside at no charge.

Occupy Freeloaders above the law

So the Tea Party had to pay $10,000 to use the park.
Occupy gets to use it for FREE.
The Dem Mayor is a supporter of Occupy and attends.
The Tea Party gets audited for not collecting fees for serving food and other services at the park by the mayor.
The Tea Party produces a license it bought that waived the collection of fees.
Occupy never bought a license, collected any fees for serving food etc.

This is the biggest undisputable evidence of collusion linking the Dems to the Occupy Movement as to who is behind all this freeloading garbage.

Prime example of what will happen if an Occupier gets any political power, they will flagrantly and openly put the boots to any opposition in total disregard for the law. You can hear the commies kicking your doors down in the middle of the night with this story.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
It is VERY hard to look at this story and not see some very obvious and very OFFICIAL bias in using Government resources. One group all but gets the red carpet rolled out for them to trash the park and basically turn it into a big KOA with no rules whatever. The other group pays their permit, upholds the regulations for use of the space and maybe makes a technical violation of book keeping.

The former is coddled comforted. The latter is audited. Well.... Its good to know where THAT city Government stands on due process and fair treatment under the law. I also agree with what we are going to see if some elements of Occupy ever get REAL power. Not all..but the elements I'm most concerned about aren't holding signs and doing community outreach from the camp. They are running the show...which makes it very relevant even if they aren't the majority. They don't have to be, as ONE Mayor with very mixed loyalties in Office has shown.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I have to ask. Is there a city with an OWS protest that has a Republican government?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Don't worry about the Tea Party... The Koch brothers can afford it.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by damwel
Don't worry about the Tea Party... The Koch brothers can afford it.

Yeah... The same can be said about OWS.. Soros can afford their problems. It's the battle of the billionaires using OWS and the Tea Party as proxy armies. Ain't life grand in a world run by TPTB.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I dunno, what your trying to prove, but this proves to me how intellectual and intelligent the tea party is..

They must not had been protesting...

Boy I tell ya, I still think as a whole, people are just stupid...
edit on 29-11-2011 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by damwel

There was funding? Damn! To think that I paid my own way to a few Tea Party events. How do I get reimbursed?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The technicalities of the bookkeeping are in question until clarification. There was no entry fees, nor meals served to get the entry tax and the meals tax.
I didn't see the bill yet, I don't know if any sites are going to publish it. I'm sure someone will.
From people I've met and talked to, they took their own food, and just walked in. I don't know if the event itself sold anything to garner taxes from.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCounselor
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The technicalities of the bookkeeping are in question until clarification. There was no entry fees, nor meals served to get the entry tax and the meals tax.
I didn't see the bill yet, I don't know if any sites are going to publish it. I'm sure someone will.
From people I've met and talked to, they took their own food, and just walked in. I don't know if the event itself sold anything to garner taxes from.

I'll tell ya the truth. It doesn't bother me to see the Tea Party getting audited. I say that because I absolutely want to see OWS camps....*ALL* of the 24/7 camps...audited for donated funds and what became of them. I know as personally observed fact that a great deal of money was embezzled and outright stolen by at least one woman and her buddies at Occupy St Louis. Well north of Five Thousand Dollars, the last I heard it...and by what I personally observed as a volunteer on the Security Committee while I was a resident there. I'll gladly return to testify against that female if she's ever held to account for her crimes against the camp in a courtroom. Oh... wild horses couldn't keep me from that date.

Given that feeling...It's simply the total bias and inequality of treatment I object to... I also doubt seriously that Tea Party groups will be found to have more than book keeping errors. I fully expect my experiences in watching the thefts in St Louis to be a common occurrence from camps all over the nation...and some with more 0's on the end of it than I saw happen.

Oh well.... OWS is the sacred cow and protected like they walk on water. We'll likely never know the depth and breadth of the financial crime that happened in the various "camp committees". Sad on that...but predictable.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I don't know why they would charge the Tea party in the first place to use Kanawha plaza. It's pretty hard to trash it as it's entirely made of concrete next to a canal.
All big city mayors are Democrats so their support of the OWS movement doesn't much surprise me. Compared to the corruption that most of these cats are involved with this is small potatoes but it does smack of favoritism for sure.

I saw on the news maybe 2 weeks ago where they cleared out the plaza - did they come back? I moved away from Richmond last year and miss it right now as I'd love to see what's happening down there. Actually if the protestors moved about 2 streets over they'd be right in front of the Federal Reserve bank where they ought to be.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
In my opinion, there's a big difference between a rally and a protest. A rally is something held in order to gain support for something. A protest is something held in order to petition the government for a redress of grievances, which is a Constitutional Right.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

You have a point. Even if the rally was organized to protest something, there is a difference.
For some reason, the one group got permits. Up until this point, I saw them as somewhat equal, but one group was a one day organized event to rally together against what they didn't like, and the other group brought tents, and was loosely organized via social networks.
I could be wrong- how was OWS brought together?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
In my opinion, there's a big difference between a rally and a protest. A rally is something held in order to gain support for something. A protest is something held in order to petition the government for a redress of grievances, which is a Constitutional Right.

So a protest isn't something held in order to gain support for something? Sounds to me like protesting is a waste of time, then, if you're not there to sway public opinion.

The rally and the protest are the same. This is clear political bias. Everyone has a voice, unless the mayor doesn't like what they're saying. Pathetic.

/TOA
edit on 29-11-2011 by The Old American because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

This is a beautiful example of the differences.

The Tea Party funds something themselves. Personal responsibility.

Occupy wants the same thing, but. Has tax payers pick up the tab and zero responsibility.

Beautifully illustrated!

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

Well you used to have to fill out a tea party expense request, now, it's much easier.

Just get your old Republican kickback request forms out and where it says FoxNews cross it out and put TeaParty. The magical CIA slush fund takes care of the rest =)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
The mayor just knew the occupiers would use the park anyway and didn't want trouble.

The Tea Party had the Koch brothers take the bill.

Seems like the Occupiers just don't let themselves get tread on.

Lets not forget, Occupy is not left or right. Before the Koch brother took over the Tea Party they were protesting the same thing most Occupiers have been protesting: bank bail outs.

No need need to label the movement one way or another, we all just need to set aside our differences and stand together in solidarity for real progress. We've all see with the left/right paradigm non-sense has gotten us, I don't get why ATSers still push it.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Occupy wants the same thing, but. Has tax payers pick up the tab

Erm, I don't get where your going with that....

Pick up the tab for what?

Occupiers don't need tax payer money to set up tents and hang out in a park, that doesn't cost me anything, the only cost is when police come to make them leave.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

So there is no cost associated with the police, the clean up? Millions have been spent over dozens of Occupy camps. All footed by tax payer money. You know, those ( 99 percent ) !

Hypocrisy, thy name is Occupy!

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Wait.

Clean up costs sure.

Over policing costs... not so much.

I don't know who decides that hundreds of officers are needed, usually a mayor, lay your over-policing costs at their feet.

As for permits... lol... surely you jest.

A protest against the system... and you want permits bought?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by CREAM

So there is no cost associated with the police, the clean up? Millions have been spent over dozens of Occupy camps. All footed by tax payer money. You know, those ( 99 percent ) !

Hypocrisy, thy name is Occupy!

The police don't need to be there, if you think they do you miss the point of Occupy.

<<   2 >>

join