It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freedom Group Making Run on our Firearms? Could Be!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
So I found this article intresting as it appears that this "freedom group" is trying to quickly buy up these gun companies. Is there an underlying reason though? The first line to the article hints at "conspiracy theories" as a possibilty. www.theblaze.com...

On Sunday, The New York Times wrote up a profile of the Freedom Group intended to whip-up gun control advocates more than educate the public about the firearms industry. Despite its political bent and subtle swipes at the 2nd Amendment, the piece did provide some historical background and supporting factual data regarding Freedom Group and its operations.

edit on 29-11-2011 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
As a conspiracy I dont think it holds much water. That's a hella lot of money to lose for a "cause." Unless the investors/owners are the federal government since they just print money and hate liberty. Then I'd buy the conspiracy.

PS, doesnt belong in Weaponry forum I dont think.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
As a conspiracy I dont think it holds much water. That's a hella lot of money to lose for a "cause." Unless the investors/owners are the federal government since they just print money and hate liberty. Then I'd buy the conspiracy.

PS, doesnt belong in Weaponry forum I dont think.

Hmm. perhaps you are missing the point of the article? It was sort of suggesting they may be making a run on the gun market(this privately owned freedom group) as a way to possibly control the gun market eventually?
Ps this is a WEPONRY CONSPIARACY FORUM- Is it not? I believe this is about not only weapons, but is also posted in a CONSPIRACY forum as well. Im pretty sure we have enough junior mods on this site as it is

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

Any private run would just want to make as much money on their investment as they can.

Jacking up prices wont help that. Only making one type of gun wont help that. A consumer product, especially an unnecessary one, needs to appeal to as broad a consumer base as possible. Any shrinking of the market isnt good for the bottom line.

Regarding this thread actually being here, all I know is I've seen plenty of conspiracy threads booted from this forum for not just being about weapons in particular sans conspiracy. Always seemed sort of vague to me and the inconsistency of moderators doesnt help that much. There isnt anything you can do to move it anyway so whatever.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I have to wonder though. Considering all the drama firearm companies have had to go through regarding the 2nd amendment there seems to be something amiss. I mean if I had to spend millions to keep the Brady Campaign from shutting my business down why would I turn around and sell my company to a group that appears to be heading in the same direction as Brady. I would think that there would be at least one company that would not let money or anything else stand in the way of making and selling firearms to American citizens to arm themselves as the Constitution allows. Surely there are some true patriotic firearm companies that would refuse to sell out at all costs. Something is missing here. Does the NRA have anything to say about all of this.
edit on 29-11-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

Ps this is a WEPONRY CONSPIARACY FORUM- Is it not?

It is not:

Forum Rules

new topics

top topics

join