It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow - A Real Conservative That I Can Actually Love

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Buddy Roemer

I just watched him blast the banks and the lobbyists on MSNBC's morning show, and then he laid out a hell of a campaign financing overhaul structure. I'm an Obama supporter, but if there wasn't a bright mind that's capable of doing two things at once in the running (that would be Obama, by the way), I'd be all over this guy - working the trenches for him - even though hes a total dark horse, and will never even get on the primary ballot in 50 states.

Here's the guy's Wiki - en.wikipedia.org...

If you're a real conservative, and really want the government to stay away from Wall St, (and vice versa) this guy's your man. I just love the way he laughed just now as he revealed the host of Obama's recent NYC 35K per plate fund raiser - "Goldman friggin' Sachs!" he said, and man, he saw the irony in the whole "too big to lose" issue and how it was supposed to be taken care of by now.

Like I said, I like Obama's mind, but I love Buddy's pure soul. He needs to be the president of something that'll have the power to make a difference. I think we need that guy in the effort of fixing thing on a big scale. I'm impressed.

The first Republican I've liked since -

ever....I suppose. I liked the idea of Reagan, but the reality of Reagan ended up being pretty watered down and flaccid in comparison. Not that you'd think so if all you knew of the man's record was what the RNC has trotted out in marketing literature.

Buddy Roemer is pretty impressive, and I'm just glad that someone like that is even interested in fixing the layers of disaster that we're struggling to exist beneath. Most of those kinds of people have walked off on us already.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I saw Buddy Roemer come on the Colbert Report over the summer. Needless to say I was pretty interested. But I think Ron Paul has my vote this year. He has been at it for a long time, and I would at least give him a good look over.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
What's so impressive about his Wiki?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
What's so impressive about his Wiki?

Nothing. Just posted the link in case someone didn't know who the hell I was referring to.

new topics

top topics

join