It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for my (American) ATS family: Now that you're "awake",... How do you sleep?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I've been awake for about 5 years now...

I know here on ATS we have different definitions of what being "awake" actually means...
but in my mind, my eyes are wide open and I have most of the dots connected.

After I was "unplugged" 5 years ago... I spent the first few years constantly researching
and reporting to others... I was desperate to wake up my friends & family only to have
very little success.

Then I seemed compelled to go back to sleep... I wanted embrace ignorance and
try to live a normal life... but that's just easier said than done...

Now lately... I can't sleep... Literally & Metaphorically.

So let me get to my point... the other day I walked into a 7-11 and spent a $1 bill
on a drink... and it suddenly felt like I had no pride... I mean... there it is...
printed directly on the money you spend... TPTB have a symbol, and it's on the $1 bill...
I asked myself: "How can I have any pride when I continue to spend money?"

And then it hit me like a ton of bricks: An old thread here on ATS came to mind and I finally get it now.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
The new concentration camp

I guess what I'm saying is I can finally see the prison for what it is... and it feels like it's too late
to escape.
edit on 29-11-2011 by Doomsday 2029 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029
I've been awake for about 5 years now...
I know here on ATS we have different definitions of what being "awake" actually means...
but in my mind, my eyes are wide open and I have most of the dots connected.

After I was "unplugged" 5 years ago... I spent the first few years constantly researching
and reporting to others... I was desperate to wake up my friends & family only to have
very little success.

II think what you describe here might have surely happen to everyone in this process. Especially the thing you mentioned about your family.

I have tried hard (very hard) to bring all these subjects with my family (spirituality, conspiracy, understandings) only to fail miserabely. Then, I realized something... something very simple but how strongly crucial to awakening (and in this case helping others) : you have to change yourself and your way of living before you want to change the world around you.

No matter how hard you try to reason with other people, no matter how good evidences you got... you will not succeed until you get to know yourself and you get to show THE EXAMPLE. Be the change... that's what I learned from it.

edit on 29-11-2011 by St0rD because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

As far as i can tell those "camps" are not even in America. A lot of facilities can be used for such things, I am sure.

Rather, when nothing of the sorts happens and you waste your life worrying about phantom camps and NWO, will you realize you are still "asleep"?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Ignorance is bliss.
This saying has always been one of the truest and most relevant things ever said.
I know exactly how you feel, but people are beginning to wake up more and more.
Nothing ever stays the same and revolution is part of evolution; eventually we will break free.
To answer your question tho, theoretically I never sleep.
edit on 29-11-2011 by WakeUpRiseUp because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by St0rD

No matter how hard you try to reason with other people, no matter how good evidences you got... you will not succeed until you get to know yourself and you get to show THE EXAMPLE. Be the change... that's what I learned from it.

What you have is not proof. I have seen no "proof" of anything like what you are talking about. And i have looked hard.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Well with you eyes wide open you can stand back and now see the big picture, but with your eyes wide open comes with a small bit of paranoia that people are watching you which in most cases they are its like one of our sheep have gone astray better keep an eye on them, and yes it feels like theres no escape but there is one thing we have that cant be taken away and thats hope its not much but sometimes thats all we have to go on.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029
I guess what I'm saying is I can finally see the prison for what it is... and it feels like it's too late
to escape.

When I realized my country had become an oppressive empire bent on world domination, I renounced allegiance to it. I sleep soundly.

When I realized the entrapment to the system that the false ideal of ownership of property had brought, I gave it all away. I sleep soundly.

When I realized that the Laws of this land had become nothing more than a money making scheme for the government I so despised, I ignored them and did what I want. I sleep soundly.

When I realized that I would be alone in this, I developed the courage to face it. I sleep soundly.

I sleep soundly for I am a free man, not beholden to any allegiances to any country, not enslaved by material wealth, and an outlaw amongst my countrymen.

None are more asleep than those who while sleeping believe they are awake.

I sleep soundly.

And my country better hope I do not wake!

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 29-11-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
The key to making your family and friends understand is to, in part be the change and in another part be subtle. Don't force info at them rather leave it out to be 'discovered' little pieces at a time.
Sieze on every oppoutunity to use their bad experience as an example, but don't be forceful about it.
pose these 'observations' as throw away comments and seemingly banal observations and let their minds do the rest.

People have to wake themselves up, you can be the sound of morning birds chirping or an annoying alarm clock, but it's pretty clear which will be recieved the better.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by gabrielnexus
and yes it feels like theres no escape but there is one thing we have that cant be taken away and thats hope its not much but sometimes thats all we have to go on.

You better be careful talking about HOPE in this thread/prison

Hope can be a dangerous thing... it can drive a man insane.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
reply to post by St0rD

What you have is not proof. I have seen no "proof" of anything like what you are talking about. And i have looked hard.

Well,
I wasn't necessarely talking about conspiracies in this case. I was just relating my own process through awakening.

I will not comment about camps, but when you are saying he is wasting his time with things like NWO, you are kidding right? You know this is real stuff... admitted publicly.

Do you?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by St0rD

I will not comment about camps, but when you are saying he is wasting his time with things like NWO, you are kidding right? You know this is real stuff... admitted publicly.

No, what you are talking in not admitted publicly. That is a weird thing to say. If it was admitted publicly that they were trying to put Americans into death camps then it would no longer be a conspiracy. If you talking about Bush Sr. then I have to tell that that is hardly a a declaration of an evil agenda and more of a man spouting of his idealism.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   

reply to post by St0rD

No, what you are talking in not admitted publicly. That is a weird thing to say. If it was admitted publicly that they were trying to put Americans into death camps then it would no longer be a conspiracy. If you talking about Bush Sr. then I have to tell that that is hardly a a declaration of an evil agenda and more of a man spouting of his idealism.

Bush is not the only one that has spoken of a NWO, many others have spoken of it. The one thing no one HAS spoken of publicly is death camps, but there is plenty of evidence to suggest that many Death camp-like facilities have been constructed.

But as long as your a good consumer and maintain your current opinion you'll never see the inside of one.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

reply to post by St0rD

Sorry if I have made myself hard to be understood, but I said I would NOT comment on camps. My last post was about the NWO. Yes, they are admitting it publicly. I heard about it several times. Of course they are not saying they have their own agenda behind all of this. They will present this as a good solution for our actual crisis and problems, and I must admit the front lines might be appealing... but what lies behind, deeper, gives shivers.

But now that you mentioned death camps, I do not claim they are actually going to use them or that they even exist. However, we all have to remember what history taught us. If it happened at one time, no matter who were the evil and crazy people involved, history tends to (unfortunately) repeat itself.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raivan31

I know for a fact that on a certain military base there is indeed a camp built for housing many inmates.

First it was believed that this particular camp would be used to house "Terrorists", but we see how that word keeps getting broader and broader.

Then it was hinted that the camp would be used to house Americans in the case of natural disaster or enemy attack.

I do not know for a fact what the camp on this certain military base is built for.

I do know that I do not trust my own government and will NOT be rounded up for any camp regardless the justification.

14 years in the Corps has taught me what I need to know about modern warfare tactics and how to escape and evade.

It is NOT easy with today's technology which can pick up body heat signatures through solid rock, but it is doable.

I would not trust a government, any government, to protect a carton of eggs much less me and those I love.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Raivan31

Bush is not the only one that has spoken of a NWO, many others have spoken of it.

I am not sure what you mean when you say that. "Many" is not really descriptive of who, but i can only think of a few "Elites" who have used the phrase. Certainly not in the same context as Bush.

The one thing no one HAS spoken of publicly is death camps, but there is plenty of evidence to suggest that many Death camp-like facilities have been constructed.

What evidence are you talking about. I have seen the FEMA "camps" and that is as close as it comes to even being anywhere close to what you are talking about. And with FEMA they at least have an excuse that makes sense. Lets ignore that in favor of conspiracy.

But as long as your a good consumer and maintain your current opinion you'll never see the inside of one.

You wont either.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I do the right thing every day. I do what I can. I help those I love. I respect others. I do no harm by choice.

I sleep just fine all the time.

The world is screwed, but I'm just fine.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

Now lately... I can't sleep... Literally & Metaphorically.
So let me get to my point... the other day I walked into a 7-11 and spent a $1 bill
on a drink... and it suddenly felt like I had no pride...

Me neither. I sleep for a couple hours and then toss and turn for a couple more. I wonder, am I doing the right thing?

I pay as little tax as possible, drive as little as possible. etc. I try to tell my family members about stuff but they literally plug their ears to prevent hearing it. I was in the grocery store today pushing a shopping cart, Christmas music was playing. I was looking at other peoples faces, and suddenly I had one of those moments where I realized that I am just like everyone else around me; stuck in the system... and hating it. Aware of the situation but seemingly unable to extricate myself from the basic dependancy upon it. Going thru the moves like everyone else. But nowadays everything looks fake, contrived, designed as a cage for my body and mind. And I pace back and forth in that cage waiting for something to happen... a way out.

To others who talk of "death camps":

People are already bunched together in places called cities.
And we don't need death camps like the Nazi's; we have B52's.
How many deaths are they responsible for worldwide to date?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   

reply to post by Raivan31

Bush is not the only one that has spoken of a NWO, many others have spoken of it.

I am not sure what you mean when you say that. "Many" is not really descriptive of who, but i can only think of a few "Elites" who have used the phrase. Certainly not in the same context as Bush.

The one thing no one HAS spoken of publicly is death camps, but there is plenty of evidence to suggest that many Death camp-like facilities have been constructed.

What evidence are you talking about. I have seen the FEMA "camps" and that is as close as it comes to even being anywhere close to what you are talking about. And with FEMA they at least have an excuse that makes sense. Lets ignore that in favor of conspiracy.

You wont either.

of course not. I don't live in America.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Hey now...

It is NOT easy with today's technology which can pick up body heat signatures through solid rock, but it is doable.

I hear that a full body wet suit will disguise ones thermal signature fairly well. Not a slop of mud like in the movie--Predator.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
I hear that a full body wet suit will disguise ones thermal signature fairly well. Not a slop of mud like in the movie--Predator.

And if you believe that you will be made swiss cheese by a predator drone.

What does a wet suit do? Retain body heat.

Makes you MORE intense.

Your best bet is thermal emergency blankets. The kind that reflect heat AWAY from you.

The silvery metallic kind.

BUT

You will be very visible to eyes.

With Love,

Your Brother

P.S. My plan involves an old Marine Corps uniform, a clean shave, a captured ID, and thorough knowledge of military jargon. I will blend in.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2 >>

join