It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Militias Video Game Propaganda,Tom Clancy's Rainbow 6 Patriots With Video & Reactions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Source lifeongames
Source Worthplaying

Team Rainbow faces a new and very real threat known as the “True Patriots,” a highly-trained, well-organized group of militias. The True Patriots are capitalizing on the growing sense of frustration and anger in a modern day America that they feel is irrevocably corrupted by greedy politicians and corporate special interests. Lead by a calculating figurehead named Tredway, this grassroots, homespun, terrorist organization will stop at nothing to overthrow the government and financial institutions to reclaim their country. Capturing the reality of modern-day terrorism, players will take on the role of a new Team Rainbow member as they face critical scenarios that will require them to make tough ethical decisions in order to stop this new breed of terrorists.

errorism has evolved and Team Rainbow must face an organized militia of home-grown insurgents. As the leader of a new squad, players will wrestle with difficult ethical decisions and determine if the doing-whatever-it-takes mentality is needed to stop the enemy.

Rainbow 6 From Eastern Europe to las vegas and back in America fighting against Militias the new terrorist boogeyman,Rainbow 6 is the biggest military & anti American video game Propaganda i have seen yet

Seriously among all the countries they could pick from they chose America again yet this fighting you will be fighting the Militias as a new homegrown terrorists?

Is Ubi On The Money Mlik Cashing?
Seriously what was Ubisoft thinking? they already destroyed the last splinter cell game i dont see why this game wont be any different.

Sheeps Been Sheeps

No offence but i dont find this to be fun at all in fact i find it anti american.

Whats your Take ATS?

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
3-2-1. frag out....Team Suicide...okay again...reset....reload...3-2-1...frag out Team Suicide reload... "hey what's up with you man?" "My brother is a patriot!" "And my father!" And my grandfather!" ANd my great-grandfather!" And my great-great-grandfather!!!etc" GET IT

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by sirjunlegun

I know how you feel from that footage only they added i could easily tell and spot some of the missions would take pace in New York? aka the Brooklyn Bridge in the footage and the New York Taxi Yellow cabs
that was to obvious.

And The Militias in America arent the bad guys.
edit on 29-11-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I would venture to say it's not as big of a deal as it appears; being that it's fictional. However, with the tense aura surrounding politics and the revolution currently, this comes off as blatant propaganda and disgustingly backwards. The people that are anti-corporate takeover are terrorist??
How absurd is that. I wonder who the hell sponsored this trash??

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
this was the cover feature on the december issue of gameinformer. says something on the back of the issue along the lines of "the newest threat is homegrown terror". this can't be a coincidence that this is being pushed into the gaming FPS world. something fishy

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
With all due respect....
You guys are screwed...
Up until now big shot fps used to picture the next probable "enemy of freedom" in RL, now we know who's next, you people.
Good luck!

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Just saw a video relating to this topic:

Completely outrageous. Your title may be the reason this topic hasn't gotten much attention, but certainly is worth a look-through. I hope more people notice it.

edit on 2-12-2011 by 2manyquestions because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Have you guys seen the new trailer?
I'm a big Rainbow fan but this is ridiculous! Making out that anyone who wants justice over the corrupt bankers are evil terrorist bad guys.
Pure propaganda!

www.gametrailers.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Yes, I was in shock (not so much anymore) when I picked up a game magazine and read about this game. So I guess Tea Party/OWS or any group that takes a anti-government philosophy would be considered future terrorists. Obviously it is "just" a game, but the implications for propaganda to condition youths and adults alike to find the concept of battling your own countrymen acceptable is what really scares me.

I've been a gamer since atari (moreso nintendo) and love games more than I love TV. But this is without a doubt an insult to my intelligence (and to many others). The government isn't our government anymore and do not serve, nor represent the will of the people. They serve the will of the highest bidder, and the highest bidder wants to keep a stronghold on all threats to it's gravy train.

This is going to happen in real life, mark my words and it saddens me to know that soldiers will be tricked, brainwashed into killing their own brethren for the sake of the state but at the expense of liberty. People will chime in their fear based approval and will be brainwashed themselves to believe that it's in their own best interest to side with the government. Hopefully when and if the time comes, we will all know what side to choose.

edit on 22-12-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-12-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
MAAAAAAN... I've always loved the Rainbow six games.......

Now I may have to change my mind on purchasing one of my favorite titles out of protest...

Sad day

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
It is sickening. Occupy Clancy anyone?
In all seriousness I hope somebody is smart enough to come out with a game where the revolutionaries are the protagonists and the rich elite are the antagonists. The day will come, very soon now I feel, when this game/book/film/whatever comes out that sticks it to the man, and inspires people to rise up against this corrupt, evil system that holds us all back and deregulates us, devolves us, and destroys us.

new topics

top topics

join