It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange... "Internet is a surveillance machine".

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Addressing journalists in Hong Kong via video link from his house arrest in England.

... next "battle" would be to ensure that the internet does not turn into a vast surveillance tool for governments and corporations.

May be somewhat late for that.

The former hacker criticised journalists and the mainstream media for becoming too cosy with the powerful and secretive organisations they were supposed to be holding to account.

Now we're talking.

"It's not an age of transparency at all ... the amount of secret information is more than ever before,"

The words of a true conspiracy theorist.

Full article here...
Internet is a surveillance machine

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Although his statements hold truth, I still am quite conservative towards Mr. Assange.. My conspiratory side tells me to be aware of the possible shill he might be, but on the other hand, the freedom fighter in me applauds his words.

These statements of his', at least gets me in favour of him a bit more.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
he just wanted a chip in the big game. luxury suites, limos, fine restaurants and importance are hard things to give up for the truth.

not to mention his 40 year long legal case.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Perhaps

"It's not an age of transparency at all ... the amount of secret information is more than ever before,"

Full article here...
Internet is a surveillance machine

Of course, it's the age of transparency. Everything YOU do is transparent.
You don't trust the people behind the scenes watching you? Why not? Never fear, Big Brother is here!

/sarcasm

new topics

top topics

join