It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OTBE / Near Death Experience

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Howdy all,
I for one have listened about the OTBE (Out of Body Experience) and those who have reported visions of a tunnel during a near death expeience, with a great deal of sceptisim.
Well this is no longer true as I have experienced both on the same day. and I thought that I would share it with you.
On Aug20 this year while working on my computer, I passed (?) out around 12 pm. My wife discovered me around 3:30pm.
I was totally unresponsive. She called 911 and they took me to the nearest ER. While in the ER, my heart stopped. According to the doctors, the first time was for nearly 5 minutes. During this time though, I suddenly felt very warm (even Hot) and I sat up. Everything was sort of fuzzy as if I was looking through a very dirty window.
I started floating (there was no conscience effort to do this) and looked down at my body as the doctors were rushing around me.
I felt no pain and other than everything being fuzzy and it being warm I felt normal. When I looked at myself (the floating one) it looked normal to me.
I then saw a light ahead of me and I went towards it. Suddenly, I was no longer in the ER room but in a very dark (and yes very frightening) place. There was no up or down, no sense of direction at all. The only thing that was different was the light since I did not like where I was, I reached for the light. I never was able to get to where the ligfht was even though to me, I kept trying for hours.
There was suddenly a high pitched screech and I was back in the ER room Above it. I was watching two doctors ausing a defribulator on my body as I saw it jump from the bed.
After see this happen three times, I went unconscience and I do not remember anything else until Monday Aug 22 at 8:00pm.
According to the doctors, I had suffered back to back epileptic siezure (gran Mal) each lasting as much as 40 minutes. This had gone on for over 8 hours. After that time, They had to resucitate me twice as my heart had stopped. Once they had revived me, I had slipped into a coma for nearly 2 full days.
The doctors are unsure of what caused the incident and they have all stated that I am extremely lucky not to have suffered permanent brain damage.
I enjoyed the OTBE and the Near Death Experience, but I must say, that if it takes going throuigh all that again, then I definately do not want to experience it again.
Just thought that I would share.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I'm happy you are still with us

I have spoken to a friend who had a OBE during a skiing accident, and I have also read a number of books on the subject. It's a well established fact that people have these near-death-experiences, and the question is wheter they are merely a product of the dying brain, or if there is indeed a spiritual level of existence. I would very much like it to be the latter.

A couple of questions: Did you feel any particular emotions during this experience, such as fear, sorrow, relief or joy? Did you share your experience with the medical staff that treated you - and if so what was their reaction?

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   
If I may, I would like to share my OOBE/Near death experiences.

I suffer from sleep apnea. Sometimes during dreaming
I get this feeling of dying which ultimately leads to the point
of waking up. When waking up, I can't feel my bodyparts nor
move them, feeling nonexistant physically. Then I begin to
fall down in some kind of void and feel weaker and weaker, like
every braincell in my head would become deactivated each after
another. After that I sense intense heat, like if I was going
through the Sun (?) at enormous speeds. At this point, I manage
to inhale. The first inhalation is amazing. You can feel it through
out your body and it really feels better than a orgasm.
Now I'm able to open my eyelids, but I can't understand
the view. Then slowly while breathing I'm beginning to
understand my surroundings, but I still can't move my body-
parts. My breathing is still very shallow, but at some point
I inhale this huge amount of air and literally zap out, feeling
bit dizzy for couple of minutes, able to move each body part.

This has been happening to me for 8 years I think. My brains
have been examined in all detail at the hospital, with nothing
out of place. This is everyday life to me, but still sometimes I
get scared by it.

(edit) I actually think I'm closing down to state of becoming
dead. But never fully reaching it.

[edit on 5-9-2004 by Drol Asharin]

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   
i was pointed towards this a week ago and wondered if i should post it here,ive never had and nor do i really want a near death experience as im willing to wait another 30 or 40 years,50 would be nice before i even think about it.

ive read this article but i will leave it up to you to decide if its true or not,this guy describes whats on the other side of the light,apparently.

www.trans4mind.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   
i was trying to have an oobe and when i started to pull away and vibrating it felt like dying...seriously...my brain told me that im dyng and so after that i lifted from the concentration and went back to sleep....it was chilly and i heard voices during that experience......

top topics

join