It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USO Killer Balloons: Revelations made in the old TV series "The Prisoner"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
The reason I ask this is because I came across a Swedish report of a Close Encounter with a water based (USO launched?) surface balloon pursuing a sailboat at slow speed which mystified those filming it and leave me stumped because it reminds me of the old TV series "The Prisoner".

Here is the news report with a video of the strange balloon following the boat:

I remember that the TV series of the prison village usually showed the deadly balloons surfacing from the sea and preventing anyone from ever escaping off the shore. However the one segment I found on Youtube shows one of them actually attacking a dissident prisoner on land, even though they usually came from the ocean:

Let us know if you've heard any more about this. I find it odd as there were similar shaped white objects visible from the high definition new channel helicopter footage of the Fukushima tsunami where you could notice them in the water or directly above it.

Thanks for voicing your opinion. I fully realize that the old TV series is purely a work of fiction but one will note that the Illuminati or other initiates familiar with insider information from Secret Societies or Secret Services sometimes reveal what they know in works of fiction to alleviate their conscience. FWIW.

Getsmart

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Getsmart

The video has been posted before and was of a plastic float bring pulled by something , most probably a large fish .
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Thanks Gortex, I guess it must have been made out of a hoax resistant material like Gortex? lol

Nonetheless the balloon shaped Orbs we see in Japan are maybe closer to what the series The Prisoner showed? We can note that in Japan something strangely similar was seen at a place of destruction and human death, on the waterfront during the Tsunami, just like when they were killing escapees in the few episodes where they were launched by those imprisoning Secret Service agents for "debriefing" in the Village. Bizarre to say the least.

GS
edit on 28-11-2011 by Getsmart because: something is afloat in the depths of the ocean...

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Thankyou! I have been wondering where the hell "this is who we are"'s old avatar pic came from.

Cheers!

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by BoneMosaic
Thankyou! I have been wondering where the hell "this is who we are"'s old avatar pic came from.

Cheers!

Hi Bone Mosaic,

I take it you mean The Prisoner series, as maybe your ATS friend used a picture of Patrick McGoohan as an Avatar? I can't criticize that given the my own comes from a similar vintage TV series.

Patrick McGoohan dies at 80; TV's 'Secret Agent' and 'Prisoner'

I still wonder if there isn't something to be said for the mysterious "Rover" balloons which caught up with and killed any prisoners trying to escape from the "VILLAGE"? After all, the Village itself is a metaphor for our Prison Planet and its leaders are NEVER THE REAL RULERS but only at best Number 2. Nobody knows who Number 1 is, and we can guess IT / ET isn't Human.

All of our actions under surveillance, fake elections with false participation, trumped up newspapers filled with trivia, brainwashing broadcast into your home, social festivities in total denial of our reality as Prisoners, everything rings true in today's society. One thing missing is the explanation for those orbs or Rover balloons...

Does this have anything to do with the Orbs seen in many UFO sightings?

ORBS OVER MEXICO

ORBS OVER JAPAN

Did Patrick McGoohan and his colleages know a lot more about what's going on than they let on to? Do these Orbs or Rover balloons have something to do with Alien Abductions, Soul Collectors or some other ultradimensional or extraterrestrial method of capturing our life essence? This remains an unsolved mystery. I venture the theory that the writers of the TV Series THE PRISONER were warning humanity - in their own modest indirect way by the medium of fictional writing and television sci-fi entertainment, of a very real presence in our midst of Alien entities running the show from behind the scenes, manipulating the Intelligence Community from A to Z and taking human souls by way of these Orbs illustrated by the series in the guise of the dreaded remote controlled Killer Rover Balloons.

Getsmart

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I happen to be a Prisoner fan, it's my #1 favorite show. I've watched numerous interviews of McGoohan. In many he describes why the choice to use the weather balloon as Rover was made.

The clunky electronic rover didn't work very well, and during a water scene it sunk to the bottom of the ocean. While figuring out what to do someone on set pointed out to McGoohan the big white weather balloon that was in the sky, the show purchased a hundred or so weather ballons and the rest is history. I find it a bit hilarious that some of you are attempting to make a conspiratorial connection between the choice of the Rover, when it was a mere stroke of chance that it was even picked to replaced the failed original Rover which looked like an oversized floor cleaning robot.

Although I do believe there are many connections with the Prisoner and pieces of seldom mentioned information, I believe a few topics touched by the show include, brainwashing/programming, de-programming, underground secret governments. Concerning who number 1 is, even McGoohan didn't know who #1 was, people harassed him to know the secret identity of #1, when he didn't write the last episode yet, he didn't know, he had no clue, and at the last second he admitted to cranking out a script revealing #1 as himself, he purposely showed #1's face for a brief few seconds to confuse the audience. The mystery of the show he wanted to remain, he succeeded, but the harassment from fans was much worse when the finale aired, so much so that he decided to permanently move to California, where he retired and eventually died.

I personally would say McGoohan is the greatest actor that ever lived.
edit on 30-11-2011 by Razimus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Razimus
I happen to be a Prisoner fan, it's my #1 favorite show. I've watched numerous interviews of McGoohan. In many he describes why the choice to use the weather balloon as Rover was made. The clunky electronic rover didn't work very well, and during a water scene it sunk to the bottom of the ocean. While figuring out what to do someone on set pointed out to McGoohan the big white weather balloon that was in the sky, the show purchased a hundred or so weather ballons and the rest is history.

Hi Razimus,

Thanks for sharing your Prisoner lore which is anecdotal and interesting. I find from your "revelations" however that it appears the Patrick McGoohan himself likely didn't quite know the gist of what was being revealed in his own series, of which he was executive producer but evidently not exactly the author? As to his being the greatest actor in human history, I beg to take exception although each is entitled to his opinion.

Regarding the story about how the Rover balloon was invented, I also remain skeptical. Often, when certain critical information is leaked to the public through fiction those involved are called upon to invent fabricated stories to cover their tracks and conceal what they were up to.I find it highly unlikely that when on location they'd just by coincidence notice a weather balloon above their heads. I've scouted for them for many years and, try as I might, I never managed to catch a glimpe of one. Maybe I lack that special brand of naivety which you seem to show emerging from behind your extreme admiration of McGoohan, or possibly you are here to debunk this thread?

If there is indeed a watchful alien All-Seeing-Eye monitoring our every move then we can well understand that neither he nor other participants wanted a Balloon Rover to fetch them for their indiscretion. To go further, I also am cynical that Patrick McGoohan fled to California to evade fans: everyone can find many instances in which fans stalked celebrities in California, it isn't exactly a media devoid environment in which Celebrities might go about their business undetected - like a small Indonesian island or the back country of Tasmania. I wonder if he might not have been wishing to distance himself from something else, such as irate MI5 handlers in charge of the UK's media propaganda arm?

I venture that the weather balloon story was just that, a cover story. And their existence and common use for weather monitoring purposes made them a handy accessory to illustrate this process of Terminal Enforcement of our Prison Planet by way of robbing our souls? There were not only Orbs hopping about the wreckage of the Fukushima Tsunami - but also larger "flying snake" phenomena which was even filmed near the adjacent mountain range. I wonder if these are not larger Soul Harvesting contraptions to take delivery of larger numbers of human souls?

Flying Snake Formation filmed at Fukushima

Orbs seperating from Flying Snake formation 2 weeks after the Tsunami

In that last video they appear to be leaving the "Flying Snake" formation and moving about as singular Orbs before rejoining again. That the Rover Balloon look like these Orbs shouldn't surprise many, and that McGoohan and his crew would seek to hide this fact after outing it in the TV series might be a partial explanation of his longevity?

Do the smaller "Orbs" or Rover Balloons deliver harvested souls to these creatures? Or are these long worm motioned creatures convoys composed of smaller Orbs, which join together in aflying snakeshaped formation? One can wonder as many such Orbs have been seen and filmed during various NASA flights as well as from the Space Station.

Orbs briefly visible in Space Station footage pror to NASA censorship

Yet Orbs are not the only thing which can be seen in the environment of Earth's immediate outer space. Here is one astronaut's testimony to exactly what is in question, the white worm shaped beings which wiggle about in mid-air and even in the vacuum of space!.

Flying Snake formation seen by NASA Astronaut

While there is nothing conclusive about what Aerospace insider John Lear does think that Aliens beings are here on Earth and that they raise us to Harvest our Souls. He even goes so far as to state that the Moon is used to host their Soul Silos in which they keep our very essence in storage facilities on the hidden side of our satellite. Some of his ideas can be explored here in several videos:

John Lear maintaining that our SOULS are what htey want

In the meanwhile I hope you all manage to stay far away from those Rover Balloons. According to the TV series The Prisoner we are maybe targeted for special treatment as most ATS members are trying to break out of our prison... the Global Village: we were WARNED !

Getsmart

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
There is an Orb shaped UFO filmed by NASA which makes me wonder if it might be simply curious, or maybe wanting to snatch the Souls of the Astronauts? If so they' best rehearse their Morse code for SOS. It does mean SAVE our souls and not SNATCH our souls. It can be seen in the following footage from NASA mission STS-51-A briefly at minute 2:15 and for longer at minute 5:00.

It does behave in an inquisitive and pursuant manner similar to those Rover Balloons in The Prisoner TV series. I do wonder if these Balloon Orbs aren't devices with a dedicated purpose in this giant human farm we call Earth?

GS

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Hello Getsmart. The photos in this thread caught my eye. That's because I remember seeing something very similar in a Disney story I read as a kid. I don't remember much of it, (not even any of the characters, but they were most likely of the duck family) but the point was that there were all this mysterious white, round rocks that kept popping up everywhere, and even moving around at night, which made quite a stir in the community. They weren't as big as these, they were more like knee-height. In the end, they "expose" those rocks to be some sort of creatures, with the rock exterior being their camouflage, allowing them to move around freely while remaining in disguise. I distinctly remember them turning one over on its head then ripping some sort of "flap" off and seeing the creature within. Google has failed me in trying to find this story, probably due to the small number of details I can recall regarding it, cause this has definitely sparked my curiousity now.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   

reply to post by Ace2213

Hi Ace,

There are quite a few theories about these orbs which are seen in space and are also observed near human habitations. They are sometimes seen during paranormal experience and in haunted houses, so this could mean that there is some connection between light orbs and disembodied entities in an energy form. One possibility might be that they are "soul harvesting" units which carry of the souls of the dead, explaining their presence in numbers among the wreckage during the Tsumani in Japan. This might also be the source of the legend of the white stork bringing newborn babies, when in fact it a white orb bringing the baby's soul into the conception process?

If so, we are in presence of a scientific phenomenon which confirms that the human soul is a physical entity even if in a disembodied energy form. Also it would show that there are natural means of conveying souls out of bodies, off planet and back onto planet, meaning that maybe there is more to the planetary system than a simple natural biosphere limited to observable physical reality? The other less appealing hypothesis would be John Lear's theory that Alien Predators are growing our souls from seedlings inside our bodies and when ripe they are harvesting them and conveying them up to a huge Soul Silo on the hidden side of the Moon.

This last scenario sounds cynical but makes a lot more sense if we consider The Prisoner TV Series to be a form of whistleblowing - telling us before most were able to make sense of it that we are dominated by an Alien Intelligence behind all the worlds' intelligence services, KGB, CIA and MI6 included. Once they have learned too much by connecting the dots when exposed to hidden secrets, agency spooks and master spies find themselves assembled together in an international brainwashing center called The Village. But actually this village is a mock up representation of our entire planet, with its mock democracy, social conventions which lead people to act like robots and never question authority, with mindless leisure becoming the main pursuit. In our Planetary Village which is a SCALE MODEL OF THE NEW WORLD ORDER the highest political power is never higher than Number 2, Number 1 being the ENTITY to which Number 2 reports and takes orders from.

If there were actually people in the know who sought to reveal a hidden truth by way of this series, it shows that behind the Orbs there is something beyond a simple natural birth, death and reincarnation process. Hence it would be likely that we are certainly exploited for our labor, with much of its production exiting the economic system, we are possibly also farmed for our flesh as millions of people disappear each year, perhaps to feed Dracos, and our lives may serve to grow implanted souls, maybe in order to deliver to our masters a perpetual energy resource.

Getsmart

edit on 24-11-2012 by Getsmart because: there are visible Alien Light Orbs serving unknown purposes...

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I find from your "revelations" however that it appears the Patrick McGoohan himself likely didn't quite know the gist of what was being revealed in his own series, of which he was executive producer but evidently not exactly the author?

Do a little bit of actual research before you start a thread:

McGoohan wrote and directed several episodes of The Prisoner himself, occasionally using the pseudonyms Joseph Serf and Paddy Fitz.

[edit --DJW001]

McGoohan wrote "Free for All" as Paddy Fitz and directed "Many Happy Returns" and "A Change of Mind" as Joseph Serf. He also wrote "Once Upon A Time" and "Fall Out" using his own name.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
The Prisoner was a perfect allegory for the MSM NWO. You can't tell me they weren't thinking of the Roswell incident when they decided to use weather balloons to pursue dissidents. Of course IRL there isn't a number 1 you can meet and discuss global government. Even groups like the notorius Pretoreans could only guide postumously. World government is a dynamic sort of democracy that allows aggressive miscreants to make their mistakes before passing judgement.

edit on 25-11-2012 by Cauliflower because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Cauliflower

Hi Cauliflower,

Thanks for joining in the discussion, unlike some who like to nitpick at irrelevant details to debunk my every thread. You duly noted that what is important in this TV Series is that it did in fact - as is pointed out in our thread title - make revelations. What the secrets revealed might actually be is of course subject to debate. This is invariably the case when whistleblowers attempt to speak out placing their life and their family's safety at risk.

They must resort to indirect means such as novels or science fiction to express what they know. Hence these works must be decoded and there will always be those who cause interference by bringing static into the process or purposely misinterpreting the intended message. Sometimes debunkers know what message is hidden inside, making their job easier of craftfully designing lies and their array of deceptive counterarguments.

George Orwell outed that we are being farmed by a higher power in his novel Animal Farm, and I expect that series The Prisoner is also, in its own way, revealing covert knowledge about the workings of our society. That there is a singular power behind all of Earth's Intelligence Agencies is clearly evidenced in that the population of the village come from both sides of the Cold War camps. That the current flavor of democracy is fictitious is illustrated by the rigged propagandist elections in which Number 6 participates. That there are Covert Rulers behind our leaders, who never rise above Number 2, is explained by the power structure of this allegorical international Village.

Watching the episodes of this Series today is even more upsetting in that it corresponds very closely with the world we live in, and happens to explain much of what we are experiencing. Since it first aired, I have always wondered about the large balloons which engulfed and murdered rebelious dissidents trying to flee our prison planet, and it seems very likely that it represents some Alien presence among us with full control over our 3D Space.

Cheers,

Getsmart

edit on 25-11-2012 by Getsmart because: some of us here want to get to the bottom of the truth !

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

The Prisoner is not revealing anything that is not apparent to anyone observant. It was intended as social commentary. Like Orwell, McGoohan was warning of the dangers of Totalitarianism wrapped in the guise of Utopianism. This process could be seen happening in the Soviet Union, and had disastrous consequences in Germany and Italy in living memory. The producers of the series were clearly commenting on the dangers of the post-war Labour Government's approach to socio-economic issues. They were not "whistleblowers," they were social critics.

EDIT TO ADD: If one views the series literally, yes, there is some reason to believe that POP, the mysterious group that runs the Village may be involved with extraterrestrials. This is intended to add to the enigmatic nature of the program and, more importantly, deflect from making the critique too politically specific.
edit on 25-11-2012 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Do these Orbs or Rover balloons have something to do with Alien Abductions, Soul Collectors or some other ultradimensional or extraterrestrial method of capturing our life essence?

The Plato's Chariot allegory does kind of work with the Prisoner series. That light colored ring around the collar of McGoohan's uniform almost looks like a corrective device to keep him in line.

www.john-uebersax.com...

7. Second chariot description. In (253d - 254e) we return to the chariot image. We are told the fair horse -- on the right -- is a lover of truth, modesty, and temperance. He is guided by the charioteer's word and by reason. The dark horse -- on the left -- is insolent, barely obeying whip and spur. (The right/left distinction seems potentially interesting in view of left/right brain hemisphere differences and how these may relate to the significant topics of cultural orthophilia and leptophobia).

McGoohan appears to be a modest truth teller in character, More like the trim Nietzsche archetype than some of the other overweight inhabitants of the Village. No doubt the series was an oversimplification as pertaining to an actual NWO but it was a good discussion starter.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Cauliflower

Hi Cauliflower,

I see you haven't fallen into the trap of confusing insiders revealing hidden truths with the artificial divisions of humanity into opposing camps. Clearly there is a construct in the series which disproves this, insofar as Intelligence Operatives from both sides of the Iron Curtain were kept prisoner in the village to be "scientifically debriefed" and then depersonalized and brainwashed by the authorities. Yet the cold was still existed and was not in question. Only, a higher authority was evoked by this integration of spies from every zone of influence, a tacit power behind above all agencies and governments. This is the main message of the series which apparently some still refuse to hear, and make noise to prevent others from hearing.

This thread happens to be on the topic of the Killer Balloons, which resemble the light orbs which can be seen in many recent sightings throughout the world. There are a number of threads about them right here in ATS's UFO and Aliens section, so I had thought that others here might be familiar with this particular phenomenon. My contention is that - possibly - such orbs or balloons not only take the lives of rebels, but possibly capture their souls. If this is not the case, nothing is lost, it would only be a false lead to be abandoned once sufficient facts become known. However if this turns out to be true, that there exists an active "soul harvesting" mechanism operating on our planet, then this series was indubitably of benefit in highlighting it.

The circular white balloons morph and travel very fast over vast distances, targeting whomever attempts to flee and suffocating them to death unless they are required to remain in the Village for further questioning or conditioning. The allusion you have made to the collar strips around the Villagers' collars could also be a reference to some sort of electromagnetic control mechanism of unknown technology, although this wasn't to my knowledge evoked directly by the scenario or dialogue of the series.

Everything and everyone is monitored in the Village, much like we are all today by CTV cameras everywhere, cell phones with GPS localization, tracing of all our transactions, recording of all our oral and written communications, etc. Also our mock democracies are totally controlled by groups from behind the scenes giving populations false choices for alternative candidates prepared to conduct almost identical policies under instructions from a secret government. Finally, intelligence agencies are apparently not set up so much to protect national security as to perpetuate control by the ruling elites and their possibly Alien masters. In this sense The Prisoner let the cat out of the bag quite a long time ago.

GS

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Only, a higher authority was evoked by this integration of spies from every zone of influence, a tacit power behind above all agencies and governments. This is the main message of the series which apparently some still refuse to hear, and make noise to prevent others from hearing.

What are you talking about? I agree with you! One of the messages of the series is that political divisions are arbitrary in the context of absolute power. My only objection is that you are confusing fiction with reality. The Rovers do not exist in real life. They were a prop; a fiction.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

im coming round to your way of thinking at first i thought you
just mocked everything but you use logic in your answers
so if in the past i have offended you im very sorry

join