It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bolt of Light from the Heavens

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I had an experience in my mid-teens that still baffles me to this day. I have never really spoken about it with anyone. I was with two friends when it happened, and I am pretty sure they saw the same thing I did. We never had a chance to talk about it and I lost touch with them long ago.

A bolt of light from the heavens. Accompanied by some kind of shock wave that rocked the three of us. It was like the air around us kind of rippled. It didn't make much noise, except for a powerful whoosh. It wasn't very big either. But super bright, and super fast. It came out of the northwest from about 40 degrees above the horizon.

Anybody ever seen or heard about anything like this?

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Icarus Rising

dry lightning

second line

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Lightning? lol

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
extreme IBS?

Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS): A common gastrointestinal disorder involving an abnormal condition of gut contractions (motility) characterized by sudden blast's of lightning, abdominal pain, bloating, mucous in stools, and irregular bowel habits with alternating diarrhea and constipation, symptoms that tend to be chronic and to wax and wane over the years. Although IBS can cause chronic recurrent discomfort, it does not lead to any serious organ problems.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Yep, had the same exact thing happen to me and my sister, I was about 8. My sister was about 5. We was standing outside the porch playing in the yard. I looked up and seen this bright lightning bolt shoot down at us. Normally a lightning bolt would be quicker then the eye but this seemed to be a bit slower because I had time to react. I pushed my sister towards the porch out of the way. I remember the bright light but cant recall any sound. I never really talked about it either.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by planetdevildog

This was at night and it wasn't electrical or from the atmosphere. There was no static charge in the air that I can recall. It wasn't cloudy or overcast. I guess it was more like a pulse or burst than a bolt. My perspective was such that I only saw the front of it. I didn't get the impression that it was stamped across the entire sky at once. More like a very small, very fast, bright white meteor.

I had no idea IBS could cause lightning. This wasn't internal. It came from near earth orbit at the very least.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Yeah, I had a very similar experience. It was my cousins birthday, and they had gotten this bouncy castle. I was about 9 or 10 and I was so excited, but the cake covered in icing, and all the junkfood and pop must not have agreed with me. I got my shoes off, and started having the time of my life. I was flailing and jumping around. The metal heads and punks would have been jealous of our sweet mosh skills. It was Circular kiddy mosh... Devastating in all it's glory, just as this kid lost his balance and at the very moment this little brown kid was executing the most awesome of Roundhouse rage kicks, his light up sneaker made contact with his face and caused the sadly unbalanced child to bite throw his lip. I felt it.. a dull rumble. Just then this bolt of slow moving lightning erupted. It was a sound so loud everyone heard, but still eerily silent. That is to say it was a sound like no other, it was more the smell... Like bad eggs, and burnt sulfur. I thought it was IBS but it really sounds more like Dry Lightning now. It was insane, the Stellar Energies created by the wicked Circular kiddy mosh are far more intense than those caused by prepubescent circle pits fueled by angst and accompanied by the stench of marijuana and the lack of deoderant from all those sweaty teenage boys. Where all there accounts of supernatural phenomena and Unnatural anomalies are the result of Illicit drug use or pranks executed by the attention whores and the Attention starved social outcasts..
edit on 11/28/2011 by Ilyich because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Samuelis

a shared experience of ibs lol now thats funny

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TechniXcality

could happen

Everthything is more fun when you share.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
It's a long shot, but it could have been a meteor, the shockwave from a larger one exploding has been known to hit the ground, this could cause the wind, and contrary to popular belief, they don't always make a big bang when they explode.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

I think it was a meteorite of some kind. Like I said, we were buffeted by the shockwave. I can't really go into the details of how and why we came to be where we were at that particular time. Suffice it to say, in retrospect I believe the whole thing was carefully orchestrated.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
It could have been many things, but my guess would be a Bolide (meteor), lightning, or a blown transformer. Bolides have been known to break the sound barrier while re-entering, and can cause a shockwave.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Surely you mean entering, not re-entering....it would have to leave Earth to begin with to re-enter

Sorry Defcon, just being a pain in the arse

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Yeah you got me there…
I’m so used to talking about spacecraft that its just habit now.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Yes, I do believe it was a very small object of some sort traveling at a very high rate of speed. The impression I got was it hit me right smack in the forehead.

I was very taken by the little metal implants when I saw Spielberg's "Taken" series. It would explain my vertigo, too...

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Do you recall if you got a headache before or after the event?
Do you get chronic headaches now?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

I didn't get a headache before or after the event, and I don't have chronic headaches now. I occasionally get a strange, almost buzzing, sensation in my head though, like I am transmitting something or being remotely scanned.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

You might want to see if any of this applies to what you have experienced: Aura

Maybe your having something akin to Simple partial seizures, they can be so subtle that you would not even know your having one.

Anyway, something to look into.
Make sure you eliminate the natural explanations before you start seeking supernatural ones.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Don't think those conditions describe my experience. I've never had migraines or any type of seizures. The initial event was witnessed by two other people. Like I said, it was no accident we were where we were at the time we were there. Sorry to be cryptic about the details. I think I might have been targeted for this. I know that sounds crazy and delusional. I'm really not either. Just curious about something that happened to me a long time ago.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Another quick question...........I know you said it wasn't electrical, but were there any powerlines nearby?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join